Scary LD atmosphere at night?

Hey, I imagine this has come up before, but still curious to see what you guys think.

When I LD, there is a certain atmosphere that comes up once in a while that is pretty scary. Most of my LD’s are at night, but the environment can be daytime or well lit. Sometimes though, the LD I find myself in is extremely dark with very little light, and it’s usually night. I don’t know why, but this atmosphere is quite scary for me and it just feels like fear to the point it’s hard to stay lucid.

I’ve had other ones with a night atmosphere, but there are lights on outside, people, etc. This one however, no lights are on, no one is there, and the charachter I’ve met there, altough briefly, feels like fear too.

Do you think this is a darker part of my subconcious that will take some courage to work with? It definitely seems like there’s something to be done, but it’s hard not to be overwhelmed by it.

If you feel scared during your lucid dreams because it’s night, you may try changing the time. If you are lucid enough and have pretty good control over your dream, you may change the time from night to day at will. You could either do that by magic, find a clock and turn the arrows, find a mirror/portal into daytime or just simply ask the dreamworld :smile:. Personally, when I lucid dream, I feel more confident when I have a friendly dream character by my side. It may be your dream guide, a person which you feel safe with, even a superhero from a movie, which could defend you from scary stuff. This allows you to explore the dreamworld at nighttime without any fear.

Yeah I’ve had this before, I still have no real strategy for stopping it. Before I tried bringing up the sun, but it was a struggle… I just hope the lucid dreams are day light. Another thing you could do is to spin and think of a sunny grassland.

Yeah I had that - and still do sometimes. That atmosphere shows up usually when I try to WILD and I hit a really far stage (which happens… rare).

Sounds like LN’s. I only had one of those so far.

I understand… when fear strikes, you can’t do anything. The only way to get rid of fear is by getting distracted by something else or by changing your environment.

I can only hope you will get rid of these fears and enjoy your LD’s, because the only lasting remedy (in this case) is experience… :smile:

Yeah, I guess you could call these LN’s. It’s really not fun, but it’s important to me to work with them, or try to anyway, when I have them.

The last one I had, I asked for more lucidity. All of a sudden, vibrations or something pulled me to the floor, which was even more startling and I woke up.

I try to have a plan for these, but it’s hard to initiate action once they happen. The furthest I’ve gotten is shaking the hand of one of the scaries to which he replied, “That’s all I need” before he receeded back into complete darkness. Hopefully we’ll meet again and he might have something extremely interesting to say/show me.

Watch out, he may be trying to steal your soul! :woo:

Just joking. :tongue:

Haha! Yeah, it left me wondering what exactly I agreed to for a while there!

Ugh, been having more lucid nightmares as of late. I’m wondering what’s been causing this, maybe something’s on my mind that I haven’t been aware of.

Last night I got lucid and was with a RL friend. I wanted to show him the potential of lucidity instead of staying in the store we were in. It really seemed to upset him and I had to fly away from his attack.

If I try to analize this, maybe it means that my RL friend is still more focused on material goals. The other possibility that comes to mind is that it’s actually a certain DC in disguise that I seem to have problems with, which he has done before.

Almost all DCs gets angry when you tell/show them they’re your figment of imagination
(Source: A friend, I never LDed…Yet)
And with your LN issues, Somehow for me rage worked the best (Even if it ruin my LD attempt)
Try chanting a bloodthirsty mantra about what horrible things you’re going to do to your Nightmare DC before sleeping. For example, Cutting Slenderman’s tentacles to make sushi… Or bloodier… Put him into the torture chamber.

Normally I simply run from LNs, but I rarely get DCs that get mad because I’m lucid. They more don’t really say anything and kind of ignore it. Some people will confront their object of fear in an LN, but normally I’ll attempt to change my dreamscene (doesn’t always work, but it has before) or wake myself up. I remember waking myself up in a childhood nightmare or two, but now I want to go back to those nightmares to find out why I had them (and partly for nostalgia :lol: ). Now that I think of it, I haven’t had a decent nightmare that I remember for a while… Especially not any of my two worst ones. (Last time I had one of those, I promptly started work on waking myself up. I swore I’d never want to be lucid in one of those.)