Memory, Brain - Visiting locations

Ok what interests me: You have LD and you want to visit some place, where you have never been. For example… Paris or New York or just plainly some place…
And if you do then how it is possible? Because your brain can create only things that knows from memories - and remember you have never been there. :confused: Interesting isn’t it? Opinions? :grin:

I assume that if you know for the place called Paris or New York that you know something about it, maybe never been there but you may know facts like Paris is one of the most romantic cities or that it’s very popular because of Eiffel Tower…

We maybe don’t have actual memory of feeling or sight of a place but if we know something about a place whether is consciously or unconsciously brain can reconstruct a place, and gave you a feeling that you visit a Paris, even though with more analyzing a dream you may noticed that this wasn’t actual Paris but just an impression…

That’s my idea of your question, but maybe I’m completely wrong… :content:

dB_FTS is right, excluding any other more spiritual reasons of course. You know what Paris looks like. If you imagine it, you can see. You’ve seen pictures, movies and all sorts of other things that have Paris in it. Your mind reconstructs these areas based on what you think it should look like. Of course it won’t be completely accurate, but it’s still pretty darn fun :razz:

From my knowledge of how things work in dreams, your SC will probably take anything it knows about the place and reconstruct it using bits and pieces of buildings and people it has seen. So, say for example you are dreaming of New York. Your brain may take the imagery of that postcard, that clip you saw of it on the news, that hotdog vendor outside of the local mall, and some buildings you may have seen in your local city and build them into “New York”. If you actually went to NY, you would likely find it to be completely different from what you dreamed.

Well, these are all good ideas. If i never had such experience, they will seem logical for me too. But really such things happens to me. I can say in a dream that i want to visit this or that, where i have never been before and when i go there in RL it is SAME.[/i]

I’m not telling that you’re not right, but when you can name something or someone you know something about it and that is enough for brain to recreate…

Yes thats good point really. :content: But unfortunately, that dont answer my question…

I disagree with the assertion your mind can only create things from memories. If you look at the design for a house for example, it had to be created somewhere. There were nothing like houses until people came along and built them. Yes we create largely by mashing together our previous experiences, but that doesn’t mean that’s all there is to it.

It sounds a lot like you are seeking a supernatural explanation to your questions. That is very subjective, and not something everyone will agree on. There has been quite extensive research into such topics, yet it remains unproven. Perhaps if you choose to believe such things there is a supernatural explanation, but for some people the answer, ‘Due to your mind accurately predicting the environment’ is complete and does answer your question for them. Our minds are wonderfully good at noticing subtle patterns and predicting how things would be following that pattern.

Ok lets make it clear. I’m not trying to get some :astral: “supernatural explanation”. I just have experience that i cannot explain and asking for corresponding answers. Simple. :roll:

Well maybe it can be sort like…when you go to hypnotizer and he will say you “behave like Napoleon” - and you will. Well you dont actually know, how Napoleon behave, but some uncoscious knowledge… Maybe its same in dreams with some location - you dont actually know how it there looks and still maybe unconscious mind knows…Something like collective unconscious or something like that.

It will make up what it expects, just as with everything else you do in a dream that you haven’t done IRL.

yes but:

:bambi:

Well thats the whole point…