Thinking scary things

Ok this is more thinking problem than dreaming problem. When i’m in the dream, i think what i want to appear, but sometimes i think a scary and bad things like zombies, ghosts and other disgusting things… .:mattias: Then i wish to stop but it is hard and sometimes impossible :crying: - do you have any ideas how stop it? Opinions appreciated :smile:

I am generally awful with this but I’m not so bad any more, I think it’s a mixture of will power and rationally working out that you can’t be hurt by these things, and what you fear is fear itself (bit of a cliche).

So it’s kinda like Ghostbusters?

Yes, that i lack :cry:

I know, but see such things is disgusting for me (that i cant stop)

Good one! So, you think that when i stop fear that these thoughts will simply dissapear and i will have freedom to think what i want? Well i will try…thanks :smile:

There’s no real quick way around it, it’s just about changing the way you think of things, I feel I am starting to get past fearing things which can’t do any harm.

These things often relate to childhood, I think it was sleep paralysis in my childhood in which I was about to be snatched from my bed by a black figure (who I associated with a TV character with blacked out face), I had the odd nightmare on the subject but it was mostly paranoia.

The thought of such deeds are still unpleasant but I can establish that the practicalities are different.

• Firstly, I know scientifically what happened that night.
  • I also think that 15 years later and as a man of about 16 stone it would some task to snatch me from my bed.
  • Can I be physically harmed in SP? No.

I mention this as even now I don’t completely like the idea of hearing or seeing things in SP as it’s confusing at best and terrifying at worst but the more I get familiar with it, the more I can laugh it off or ignore it.

Ah man it happens to me sometimes. Especially when I try to WILD. I have a fear that something creepy would pop up. I kind of let myself go…like I tell myself whatever happens, happens. I’m going to wake up at some point eventually. Heh, but my advice is to occupy yourself with something, like fly away…or teleport somewhere else. If you’re really afraid, then get somebody to be with you. Honestly it always feels better when somebody else is around, rather than being alone. :content:

I once or twice spawned a few baddies in my lucid dreams. They do feel uncomfortable, but if you are lucid enough you will understand, that they are not dangerous and that you are immune to their threats. After realising that, I don’t care about them anymore and do my lucid dreaming stuff. If you can’t stand them being near you, simply get a weapon and blow them up :razz:. Or just teleport to another place. If you keep your bad thoughs away, if you are occupied by other activities, all those monsters will not spawn (unless your subconscious wants to test your bravery).

I found a pretty good video on this subject. The guy looks like a total choch, but he’s really knowledgeable about LDs. See for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jonahhaas#p/u/1/vut-OSdQJXs

try smiling :smile: smiling is proven to get some chemicals in your brain flowing that help you think good thoughts