Sleeping positions

This may be a stupid question however I am new and newbs tend to have stupid questions sometimes. I was wondering if there is a particular position you should be laying down in and relaxing in order to become lucid. For the most part when I read about becoming lucid all the descriptions and accounts are in the same on your back hands to the side position. This is not how I normally sleep nor is it how I feel comfortable or relaxed (which is the first step).

I was wondering if sleep posture/positioning was of any importance and if not please do share the position you assume to obtain lucidity! :smile:

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

Sleeping on your back with your hands to yours sides is most commonly used in WILD, but not necessary, even for WILD. If you aren’t trying for a WILD, you can sleep however you normally sleep, and even if you are, you being comfortable can be more important. Lying on your back only brings up the roll-over signal faster in some cases.

Thanks a lot Unseen Eye! Yea I figured comfort would be the better thing to have, however, you can never be too sure :tongue:

I think I’m going to try a different sleep position tonight, who knows maybe ill have my first LD! woot woot!

Good luck! You never know what might trigger an LD, sometimes it doesn’t really even make sense.

I don’t think sleeping position matters at all on lucidity unless you’re doing WILD. and even then, the only thing that matters, in my opinion, is that your head is properly tilted so you don’t have to swallow. If you’re not doing WILD, then 100% just sleep the way which is most comfortable to you.

Thanks a ton guys :smile:

I am just wondering if u could tell me how is the best way to tilt your head when WILDing :confused: . I find it so hard to not swallow. and why exactly is it that you have to try not to swallow.

Ah, the seemingly most common WILD problem I’ve seen. Not swallowing is only important if you can’t swallow “naturally,” as in, it doesn’t seem forced, it’s comfortable. For some people, it’s not easy, for others, it’s not even a problem. If you tilt your head maybe 5-10 degrees (very very little,) the saliva usually doesn’t build in your mouth, and you don’t notice, so it won’t disturb your concentration. If you can swallow without it being forced, or you can find the right angle, you can get rid of any problems you are having. But most importantly, if you never start focusing on your mouth, the problem never arises. So do what you can.

Thank you, i will be sure to try tonight :smile:

Sleeping position is not that crucial to LD’ing. Although my first WILD attempt was done by me lying on my back (which isn’t very comfortable position for me), I’ve done my 2nd WILD by lying on my side. If you don’t feel comfortable in a position, change to a more comfortable one. You should still succeed.

I’ve had this problem!! Just appeared recently the past few nights and now I understand, thanks so much!! :content:

well I tried that last night and it seemed to help with not swallowing, maybe it was all in my head lol, i dont know. However I did end up having a lucid dream but it wasn’t from the WILD as I woke up many hours later, it occurred natarully :woo:

I want a natural lucid dream!!! reads in jealousy :cool: