So I've Been Reading Around And....

in most people’s dream journals that I’ve been reading, they have parts of dreams, and THEN become lucid. I’ve been wondering at this because every time I’ve become lucid in a dream, my memory of the dream seems to start at the point at which I became lucid. And I was reading some of someone’s dreams (Rhewin’s actually) and he became lucid in a mall. This is also something that never happens to me: I’ve become lucid in my house with no one around thrice, become lucid in a field of grass again with no one around once; every time but one that I’ve become lucid, it’s been in a scene where nothing is going on, I’m always alone. I just wondered if there’s any particular reason that the my gain of lucidity works like this and if anyone else’s does, too.

hmmm interesting… I have noticed that USUALLY-- maybe 80% of the time i become lucid, thats where my memory starts. But actually lately the dream has been starting as a NLD then into a LD. How great is your dream recall? And about the being alone when your lucid… hmmm ide say maybe half the time im alone but thats just a guess… Usually when there are people around me when im lucid tho, most of the time i run away from them…

It might be that that’s the point where your mind snaps awake, and starts recording everything. I know for a fact that most of my LD’s start out as a NLD until something occurs. Very rarely have I started a dream lucid.

It’s not easy to remember the dream before you became lucid, but with sufficient DR, it’s achievable. Sometimes the dream starts as lucid dream instantly, sometimes it’s just a ND until you become lucid. It varies. Becoming lucid in an environment with people is harder, at least for me. When there are people around me, I usually start doing several activities with them, talking etc. Therefore I have no time for questions such as “Am I dreaming?”. When I’m alone, I can become lucid much more easier as nothing can disturb my thoughts.

Maybe you’re more accustomed to do RC when you’re not around people, or at least more efficient RC. Usually I don’t have dreams with too much people, usually none… [I hope that this is just for now :smile:] But I don’t remember one lucid dream where I become lucid around people, I usually leave a place and then became lucid, where are no people…

That we can prevent by doing RC around people…

You mean people actually read my DJ XD?

I usually do remember the dream before I become lucid, but it is more often than not fuzzier, and I’m most likely to just remember the parts just before lucidity. The worse my DR is at a given time (like when I don’t update my DJ regularly), the less likely I am to remember the parts before lucidity.

As for the lack of people around, I’ve had that happen as well. Sometimes there are no DC’s at all, other times they’re just kind of like props with no real use. They usually are around, and from what I’ve read from dreamer to dreamer it may actually vary based on the dreamer. Once you get the dream stable, the easiest thing to do is to find a corner or entrance and tell yourself out loud that when you walk in or around you will be in a room full of people.