Pause Time

Is life a dream??

Author  Message 
Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist
LD count: LD at Will

PostPosted: Tue 16 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Your Reality is no more real than dream. THIS is scientific FACT.
Click my friend
Inportant note: Truth is so rare treasure that it will hardly be showen clearly sometime...read only the first two pages, the author of that page is strongly influenced by his religion and...just read only first two pages.

Eyesight cannot perceive Him but He perceives eyesight... (The Koran, 6: 103)

Who perceives eyesight? You are God.

Current LD goal(s): Mutual Dreaming

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Wed 17 Aug, 2011; edited 4 times in total
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Click my friend

That what I'm trying to explain to people when they ask me why to remember dreams or why to dream. Because as long we dream it feels real, and it's all because of a brain, and that feeling and expectation and security and power we experience in dream can be easily embraced in WL! At least in my opinion!

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
togro
The Nuzlocker
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Maybe Two...?

Morpheus nuu wrote:
If life is a dream, death is when we wake up.
Maybe life is just a dream, and when we die we will awake into our "real life". Then, when our "real" version of us goes back to sleep, we come back here, to Earth, but as a different person. Almost like reincarnation....

...If life is just a dream, death is when we wake up...What happened before we were born? What will happen to us when we die? What I just said would answer both of these questions...
Maybe before we were born was when our "real"-selfs went to sleep. And when we die our "real"-selfs wake up.

I don't believe ALL from what I said. And I know I basicly repeated the same thing twice, but worded differently. I did that because the way I explained it, in my opinion, was very confusing. overspannen

That's what I believe! But the bad part is.... how far does it go up? How many lives are 'dreaming' right now?

Current LD goal(s): Talk to my Subconcious,
Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

dB_FTS wrote:
cheerfuldreamer wrote:
Click my friend

That what I'm trying to explain to people when they ask me why to remember dreams or why to dream. Because as long we dream it feels real, and it's all because of a brain, and that feeling and expectation and security and power we experience in dream can be easily embraced in WL! At least in my opinion!

And good opinion indeed! :D
But one must reject (deep inside) the existence of others....

Playlien
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

A lot of eastern religions allude to all of existence being a dream - you should read Alan Watts' book "The Book On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" - basically he says each living thing, each consciousness, is just God playing a different role in the huge 'game' of existence - therefore karma, what you do to others IS being done to you 'as another person'

Also, there is the belief that all consciousness originates from a base consciousness. You should also look into Tibetan Buddhism, it has a sect (called the Bon tradition, I think?) that takes lucid dreaming to a higher spiritual level and essentially lets you transcend you own consciousness and join the 'base' consciousness while you sleep.

Deep stuff smile

Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Playlien wrote:
A lot of eastern religions allude to all of existence being a dream - you should read Alan Watts' book "The Book On the Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are" - basically he says each living thing, each consciousness, is just God playing a different role in the huge 'game' of existence - therefore karma, what you do to others IS being done to you 'as another person'

Also, there is the belief that all consciousness originates from a base consciousness. You should also look into Tibetan Buddhism, it has a sect (called the Bon tradition, I think?) that takes lucid dreaming to a higher spiritual level and essentially lets you transcend you own consciousness and join the 'base' consciousness while you sleep.

Deep stuff smile

Thasts good stuff surely, but i'm little more "scientific" ^^ so for me this are only claims. In dream what you do to others dont returns to you - because dream chars are unreal - play of your imagination (sometimes un or subconscious imagination with message for you). Its maybe true that you have forgotten knowledge in your subconscious but .

Playlien wrote:
Also, there is the belief that all consciousness originates from a base consciousness.
Base consciousness...that still claims that it is something not known, apart from you. Another form of "god on the cloud somewhere".
If you search in philosophies, look for Advaita Vedanta. "Thou art that" ("You are the Supreme").

But really, do not believe any philosopher, philosophies or "awakened master".
They will be always limeted while u are unlimited.

Last edited by Dark Stranger on Fri 19 Aug, 2011; edited 1 time in total
Playlien
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Thu 18 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

I would submit that what you do in a dream is directly done to you - its all a part of your consciousness. Even the nightmares that chase you represent parts of yourself. As far as a base consciousness, I don't know if I would call it god, but if in a dream every character is really you, then if 'life was a dream' would it not make sense for every one of us to be different forms of the same dreamer? Of course this is all poetry, because any attempted explanation of existence is beyond our ability to put into words. Its just a loose way of thinking about things, and I could probably take any world view and make it seem plausible it i thought about it enough. The truth is no one really has any clue for sure whats going on here, even the scientist sees such a tiny sliver of the potential reality - think about the idea that there could be other ways of detecting reality besides just our basic five senses? sight itself had to evolve from blind amoebas smile

Playlien
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Oh, and - have you ever had a conversation with a dream character who told you things you dont know or remember? Don't forget that your ego personality is just a character role you play too - in some ways dream characters that represent a vast portion of your subconscious may be more real than you, and the forces that compel them are active while you are awake, as well.

Knightdreamer
Dreem Forger
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 101+

cheerfuldreamer wrote:
And good opinion indeed! :D
But one must reject (deep inside) the existence of others....

I sometimes doubt the existence of others. Maybe we all do but fear to admit it.

Current LD goal(s): Master The Mirrors, Learn more about myself, Investigate DC and Shared Dreaming
Dark Stranger
Solipsist
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Playlien wrote:
As far as a base consciousness, I don't know if I would call it god, but if in a dream every character is really you, then if 'life was a dream' would it not make sense for every one of us to be different forms of the same dreamer?

"Jiva (soul, you) is called so because he sees the world. A dreamer sees many jivas in a dream, but all of them are not real. The dreamer alone exists and he sees all. So it is with the individual and the world. There is the creed of only one Self, which is also called the creed of only one jiva. It says that the jiva is the only one who sees the whole world and the jivas therein." - R. Maharshi

Playlien wrote:
think about the idea that there could be other ways of detecting reality besides just our basic five senses? sight itself had to evolve from blind amoebas smile

There is no reality to be detected. "Creation is not other than seeing; seeing and creating are one and the same process." - R. Maharshi
Sense itself is not proveable. Sight, smell, touch, space, etc. are all in "brain" - to be scientific, "electrical" signals interpreted by your brain. History itself is illusion too. ^^

and to your opinion:
Playlien wrote:
Don't forget that your ego personality is just a character role you play too - in some ways dream characters that represent a vast portion of your subconscious may be more real than you, and the forces that compel them are active while you are awake, as well.

Yes you're right. Your subconsciousness creates too. And its bigger.
But consciousness stronger. Subconscious has no will, whereas consciousness has. Subconsciouss is but conscious tendencies stored from past.

miguelsoul
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 per Day

PostPosted: Fri 21 Oct, 2011  Reply with quote

Yes! Sometimes I questionate about this things! (Not as Reality Check!!!)

Current LD goal(s): Discovering the possibility of Dream Within a Dream!
T_ado
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Fri 21 Oct, 2011  Reply with quote

This is all a dream, I'm just a DC... duh...

JaySkyecrest
Seeker of Wisdom
Lucid Initiate
JaySkyecrest has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 30

PostPosted: Tue 15 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

Yes as a matter of fact. I have. If we perceive dreams the same we do in real life, who's to say that real life isn't a dream. ^^

Current LD goal(s): LD on a regular basis.
Remitrom

PostPosted: Sat 14 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

To better explain the question I will start a new topic with the question renamed,
What is "REAL"

Current LD goal(s): infinity

print