A new way to recall and increase awareness in dreams?

Hey guys and gals :tongue:

I recently began using a new way to improve my awareness in my dreams and thus improving my dream recall and my NDs generally (makes them more vivid and lifefull)

It is very simple actually. Instead of auto-suggesting “I will remember my dreams when I wake up” I am auto-suggesting myself “I will remember that I am in my safe bed at home and nowhere else” and I repeat this sentence in different ways for as many times as I want until I am sure I will remember it (just like remembering doing something at work without creating a memo) and I just let myself fall asleep.

I almost definitely be more aware in the dreams to the environment, almost putting my finger that it is a dream but not quite, and the dream recall will improve significantly.

One and not so nice (in the day-to-day basis) side effect of this auto-suggestion:
I wake up in between the cycles sometime. Meaning, I am so aware that when a sleep cycle is over, I am awake and know that I am in my bed. Hence, I open my eyes and write down the dreams that I recall on my Ipad. It takes me 1-2 minutes to drift back to the cycle and it doesn’t damage my sleep at all But I know there are people out there that won’t like it as much as I do.

Anyhow, Enjoy the findings.

Cheers
:smile:

Interesting. I can definitely see how this would/will (hopefully :tongue:) help and work. Since, instead of focusing on dreams, you focus on reality, you get the same, if not better results. I’ll try this out, and if anything goes right, I’ll report back with my results.

I’m with Unseen_Eye. I’m definitely going to give this a try, I’ll let you know how it works for me :smile:

Alright! :razz:

It works fine for me, tried it the last 4 nights and had great results.

Let me know :smile:

Good stuff! It always help me to write down my suggestion in my DJ right before going to sleep. I write: I WILL remember my dream (or something similar), then i underline the verb a few times, concentrate on that thought, and stare at the sentence, knowing that it is true. Then i just go to sleep.

It is also important to remember if by the off chance that your suggestion fails, you must write underneath it: I CHOSE no to… This tells your subconscious brain that it was a result of your own free will and not a fate driven inability. Remember, you can and will.

Works great for me.

Glad to hear that not only for me :smile:

Anyone else tried it?

I am unsure if it’s this technique or natural improvement, but I’ve been trying for the last two nights and have had successful recall. Fragments, but it’s better than nothing. I’m on a four-day recall streak, and recalled two during my last sleep session. Most definately an improvement.

I’ll sure try it… It can only help! :content:

When I started with practicing lucid dreaming I had similar experience. Then I didn’t know exactly how long REM cycle was but I’m pretty sure that I waked up after almost every dream 6 times in a row and that goes for a few nights ahead!

It was great how much I could remember, but I don’t remember if I had any special mantra, but I know that the major factor was my excitement and will…

Sounds like a great method and since I fall asleep really quick this could really help me to be more aware in my dreams and also write them down right after I had a dream. I will write as soon as I have noticed any changes…thanks allot for posting this method!!

As I always say, mantras are more effective when they are in present tense and first person, because that’s how the SC works, and the present tense is reachable; which is different when dealing with the future, because there is always another future.

Thanks for the idea. According to what I said, maybe saying “I always remember that I’m safe on my bed” could be even better!

This is a good idea and I’m looking forward to trying it but might try to change it allitle bit more to work better for me.

Ok, I’ve used this mantra for some time now, but I have to say that it didn’t do any special magic for me, hmm, I guess I have to find another one… Although good idea Blucid…