Having trouble with the final stages of inducing a WILD.

Well, basically what I’m having trouble with is actually entering my dream. I can relax my body into SP no problem, and then shortly after this I start to hear a very loud sound, sort of like a strong wind rushing past my ears. I can only assume that at this point I’m very close to entering a dream, however I am stuck on this part. I just focus on the sound and on staying relaxed, however sometimes nothing happens past this and I just fall asleep… or so I thought --. I did this last night and after waking up, I realized that I had entered a dream, but didn’t realize it -_____-.

Let me give you a play by play, so you can better understand what happened. I woke up a few hours after going to bed, so that I could do this during a rem cycle. So going back to sleep, I just do my normal sleeping routine, trying to keep my mind awake of course. After a short while (it feels like), I do what I can only describe as “relaxing my body further”. It’s sort of like I let go? Like I just fall out of the waking world. I don’t really know how to explain it. Anyway, after that I do this, I start to hear the loud wind noise that I described earlier. I’m trying to focus on any imagery that I see, however I don’t see any. After a while of not seeing anything, I just gave up and fell asleep in what I THOUGHT was my bed. After I woke up however, and remembered what happened last night, I realized that I was actually in my bed, but in the dream. I was conscious during this, however I thought it was my bed. After recalling more details of my dream room, I remembered things that were off, and it’s because of this I wonder why I didn’t realize I was dreaming. If I was conscious in my dream I should have realized I was in a dream in the first place. The weird part of this I think is how I just instantly popped into a dream bed, without any imagery in between the transition of waking to dreaming. I think it’s because of this that I didn’t realize I was actually in the dream already.

Has this happened to any of you, if so, what advise can you give me if this happens to me again? My wilds seem to do this to me a lot, as this is not the first time I’ve failed to realize I was in a dream already because of the blank transition of waking to dreaming.

I actually have one more problem along with this. I just remembered that I did have minor success in my WILD, however I do stress minor. I was trying to move my body, but… it was weird. I wanted to physically start moving, but it’s like I was moving by imaging it… In my dream bed, I wanted to get up out of the bed (I thought I was still in my real bed during this), however I couldn’t… move normally. I was trying to move my arms and legs but I couldn’t, I could only “imagine” myself moving, to get myself to move. I know this must sound confusing as hell, but it’s the only way I can describe it. I guess my mind was still holding onto the feeling of my physical body, and because of that I couldn’t move my dream body the way I wanted to?

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, and I appreciate any help you guys can give me.

First of all :welcome: hope you have a nice stay.
second the only time i remeber being in SP it was on accident then my eyes just closed and i kinda saw a black tunnel then me falling and screaming AHHHHH! then i woke up and remebered a dream.

This happens to me a lot, in-fact I never see any imagery, I go straight to the dream after I hear the sounds. But I kind of just know how my dreams feel and know I’m dreaming. I always end up in a dream bed when I wild.

After SP, it’s all usually downhill. Simply relax, be in the same trance-like state which you’ve used to reach SP. You may not see anything at first. Usually, at the start of SP I see white flashes, accomponied by buzzing sound. That sound is something like the sound of a broken radio/tv. After that, the flashes evolve into some objects, the landscape appears. The sounds calm down and the dream is almost formed. Then you just simply have to step into it and have a LD :smile:
Do not concentrate too much, avoid thinking about your IRL body. Try to feel your dream body and forget your IRL body.

All my WILDs begin in my bed. I know what you mean by not being able to really feel getting out of bed or moving but imagining that your body moves. It’s hard to explain, but basically it’s like you are using telekinesis on yourself. I’m not sure how to overcome this, maybe it’s more awareness that you are actually dreaming and everything you see is imagined by you or it’s just a first phase you have to go through.

This is how my WILD goes: I lie in bed, I feel my body relax itself, I sink deeper, sometimes I start to hear things but not always, I hardly ever see HI though sometimes I see HH, I feel a “click” and I get up (my dream has started).

Getting up is sometimes easy, like getting up in RL. Other times I feel like I drank way too much and I’m feeling 10 times as heavy as I am. Sometimes I have to use this telekinesis on myself to float me out of bed and try to get in touch with my body after floating around for a little while. Not always can I overcome this, not sure why this happens. Might also be caused by entering the dream too soon or something.