My best tecnique is the thing most dreamers try not to use?

I use something called the “Void” whenever I become lucid. It is my biggest tool, and I love to teleport to anywhere I desire with it. If you don’t know what the void is, close your eyes. Its pitch black, isn’t it? That’s what the void is. Most people think they are close to waking up in the void, but truth is: I’ve never woken up from the void. I find the void to be greatly useful. I use it in almost every one of my lucid dreams. I don’t understand why most lucid dreamers avoid it, is there something wrong with it?

You gave an answer on that:

And probably because of that they panic and woke up… I wouldn’t know because I don’t have experience with that…

Interesting to say the least. I may actually have done that successfully once myself, resulting in the longest LD I’ve had so far. Each time I felt like the dream was starting to fade, instead of quickly rubbing my hands and stuff to prevent that, I just stopped moving, relaxed and kept my eyes closed. Even when I felt myself lying in bed, I just stayed still until a next dream started automatically. I did that like 8 times in a row. It looked like I had used chaining, but it could have been a series of FA’s instead.

I think the main thing is probably just ‘don’t be afraid of waking up’ while you’re in a LD (which is easier said than done)

Tonight I deliberately tried this technique twice by closing my eyes in a dream scene. One time I even managed to end up in the place I visualized, so I’ll definitely be using this technique some more in the future.

I sometimes have trouble opening my eyes when in the void :neutral: I close my eyes and when I keep them closed it feels like I am falling. Then I have a hard time opening them again, when I manage to open them again the surroundings seem to be more blurry and I sometimes also tend to float. Other times I just wake up. Maybe I need to concentrate harder or focus more on creating a new world?