Sleeping over 8 hours = better for you?

Hello.

I usually sleep 8 hours every night, there’s no exception to this except on weekends where i have no time to watch.

But my question is, will sleeping one hour more or a like be better for me in short or long term? I’m not talking about sleeping 10 hours or more, as that is oversleeping and it won’t actually benefit you in the longterm.

Is there any scientific studies done on this?

I sleep for around 7-8 hours from Monday to Friday, and sleep up to 11 or even 12 hours during Saturday/Sunday. And I’m still alive & don’t feel any long term negative impacts on such imbalanced sleep. Haven’t heard of any studies about the sleep time, except the fact that normally a person should sleep 8-9 hours each night.

I’m usually better with 9 hours of sleep. Seven or eight makes me a little tired. I’m usually okay with either, but I prefer more. I’m also one who doesn’t “need at least 5 hours of sleep”. I have to have a normal night’s sleep to function well at all, since I can’t handle caffeine and such stimulants well.

When we sleep, our body repairs itself. The more sleep you get, the more energy you’ll have, the better your skin will look, the more focused you’ll be, etc. While I think sleeping too much induces laziness, 8 or more hours of quality sleep is very good for you.

Well, too much sleep can make you tired even though you’ve had a lot. Sleeping all day isn’t going to be great for you if you do it every day. There is a reason the amount of hours you sleep are suggested to you. At my age, it’s still recommended for 8-9 hours of sleep, and I quite prefer 9 hours. Not from going by the recommendations, but by what I’ve found myself as well. Too little sleep, and you’re tired. Too much sleep, and you’re tired.

I know its wierd how too much sleep makes you tired huh?

There’s this study here: https://health.ucsd.edu/news/2002/02_08_Kripke.html

That I found earlier this year that suggests that sleeping for 7 hours (if you’re an adult) is actually better in the long run than sleeping for 8 hours a day. I’m not sure how detailed this study was, but it was a very long-term study over six years with more than a million participants.

That said, I still go for at least 8 hours a day because I can. And because I’m lazy. I can function perfectly fine on 7 hours a day, though.

Everyone have they own perfect sleep time mostly 7-8 hours is enough(for adult) someone may need 10 hours it personal biological clock.If you sleep more it won’t make anything better.Sorry I can’t find link about this research.