EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 132
2020 Vision

How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

Author  Message 
CrazyDreamer
LD count: 50

PostPosted: Fri 22 Jul, 2011  Reply with quote

I learned LD with this site. I always use RC's.

Current LD goal(s): 100
Blucid
Formal Lucid Walker
Somniologist

PostPosted: Sat 13 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

I have learned LD at about the age of 16 (Yeah very old).
My friend was trying to achieve one and he told me about what a LD is so I thought that I could attempt for it as well.
My first LD was induced with DILD by the help of just doing RC and paying attention while I do it all day and every day.
The first LD lasted for something like 15-30 seconds and it faded really quick since my heart kept on pounding tounge2
Today I am trying to return to this world since I have neglected it for the god knows what time. I use mostly auto-suggestions MILD and WILD.
Back in the days I was constantly LDing (At least 1 LD a night in average) I was LL, autosuggestion and MILD in the weekends. Only if I woke sporadically at night I would attempt a WILD/VILD.
tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Solve a chess problem
shikari_rock
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Wed 17 Aug, 2011  Reply with quote

Both of my dreams happened when I went to sleep early and wasn't really tired. I rolled around for an hour or two, then I give up and go take a drink because my mouth usually dries out very fast, maybe even take a leak, then I laid back down, and fell asleep and woke up probably 5-10 times during the night. The last period of my "irregular" sleep is the one where I become aware and lucid. Then I wake up and get out of bed. It's weird.
I should add, I never used RC.

I tried WBTB, WILD, but accidental DILD is the only thing that seems to work...

Also my first lucid dream was on August 7th, the second was on August 17th. I have no idea how many lucid dreams per year you guys have, but 2 in a month, is this good or bad for a starter? (I'm not a "natural" either)

Current LD goal(s): achieving total lucidity at least 3x a week
Amythest444
Fantasy Dreamer
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 17

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2011  Reply with quote

Well, when I finally found out what a lucid dream was, and what it can do, (this was 1 year ago) I searched it up, and saw a bunch of reality checks. So I often did the hand checking one. Eventually, I did a hand reality check in my dreams, and so, that's how I learned to lucid dream smile

One day, I wanted to know how to lucid dream at will. (the day I joined) So I searched up "How To Lucid Dream At Will" and I got the WILD method. After researching and researching, this one person on yahoo answers told me to go on Ld4all.com. And so I joined! And I learned more about other techniques I am currently using smile

Current LD goal(s): laying on the clouds and gazing at the sky -sigh-
Amythest444
Fantasy Dreamer
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 17

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep, 2011  Reply with quote

shikari_rock wrote:
Both of my dreams happened when I went to sleep early and wasn't really tired. I rolled around for an hour or two, then I give up and go take a drink because my mouth usually dries out very fast, maybe even take a leak, then I laid back down, and fell asleep and woke up probably 5-10 times during the night. The last period of my "irregular" sleep is the one where I become aware and lucid. Then I wake up and get out of bed. It's weird.
I should add, I never used RC.

I tried WBTB, WILD, but accidental DILD is the only thing that seems to work...

Also my first lucid dream was on August 7th, the second was on August 17th. I have no idea how many lucid dreams per year you guys have, but 2 in a month, is this good or bad for a starter? (I'm not a "natural" either)

0.0 It's pretty good for a starter, I mean, as a starter, my first lucid dreams were only like 1 each four months.

Current LD goal(s): laying on the clouds and gazing at the sky -sigh-
dreamdude2012
LD count: 22

PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011  Reply with quote

Hi Before I started looking into LD's i may have had 2 or 3 years apart. But since Ive been studying reality and obe and ld ive had say 3 in the last year. Im now training myself with the RC to try and make them more regular

eleggua
LD count: ~200

I learned about LD from Castaneda's books. I was trying to look at hands for about a month, then had a LD. I wish I had known about other methods, not only about this one. Then I could learn to LD much faster. sadblauw

optimize
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

Blucid wrote:
I have learned LD at about the age of 16 (Yeah very old).

Why do you think thats old? Just look at it like this: you have about 60 more years to master LD'ing. tounge2

I learned about LDing when i was searching something about dreaming and ended up at this website.

miguelsoul
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 per Day

PostPosted: Fri 28 Oct, 2011  Reply with quote

DEILD

Current LD goal(s): Discovering the possibility of Dream Within a Dream!
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Fri 04 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I was looking up stuff on preventing sleep paralysis on Wikihow when I came across lucid dreaming. I was hooked but nothing happened so I gave up.
Then, I found a WILD-related post on Tumblr and so I got hooked again. After heavily researching lucid dreaming in a scientific view and other things, I went to the lucid dreaming subreddit (/r/luciddreaming), where I came across Dreamviews and this lovely site.
It's pretty sad I gave up. I had a couple of really short lucid dreams but I couldn't do anything about them. Now that I have been here on ld4all for a while, I'm now teaching my friend how to LD.
I wonder who else has gotten into lucid dreaming from Wikihow and Tumblr. Hmm.

Current LD goal(s): I WANNA BE A PONY! AND GO TO HOGWARTS!!
Belgarion
The Shadow
Novice dreamer
LD count: A lot

PostPosted: Fri 27 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

As far as I know, ive always been a lucid dreamer. It wasnt untill last year that I actually realized what I was doing so I decided to do some research on it. Now I lucid dream whenever possible.

Current LD goal(s): Learn to be a better lucid dreamer
Marussia_Komer
Rookie Lucid Dreamer
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 9

PostPosted: Fri 02 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

I saw on the Internet by accident and I wondered.Then I had research about it , looked for websites etc. I learned it.But had only one smile

Current LD goal(s): Find out why my SC is hostile( ) Meet Quorra ( ) Talk to DC ( ) Race in F1 ( )
LDing
LD count: Can't count

PostPosted: Thu 08 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

He he... When I was a child, I was there, fazed in a dream... A big giant red "hit me"-like dreamsign came out of the blue. "This is a dream!" I told myself in excitement. The dream characters looked at me with faces like they are so confused. I didn't care about them that time. Some even asked me "If this is a dream, can you fly?" I took that as a challenge.

Wings materialized (I was a child! Vivid imagination was my middle name) as if out of my very will. I flew, breaking the 10-foot ceiling as I escaped. I flew all the way to the place I always wanted to go in my dreams... Mars...

I had very little idea what Mars actually was that moment. I just heard its a red planet near Earth that no one visited. So I went to it. Of course, I believed in aliens back then, so they were there. Little green men. I also noticed I didn't run out of air cause it was a dream!

Anyway, point is, got interested, went to the library, used the card catalog, made a side trip about what running sentences was, and saw the book about lucid dreaming. I KNEW about lucid dreaming at the time, my dad had 2 of those... He told me its name before that incident, and I always thought that LDs were made by chance.

TL;DR: When I was a child.

Current LD goal(s): Engage in NORMAL conversation with a DC.
ReaditTwice
Dream Master
Novice dreamer
LD count: 600 plus

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

I had been reading about astral travelling and was practicing a technique from the book, similar to MILD, and found myself at a friend's door and spontaneously became lucid. I became so excited that I woke immediately so the whole thing lasted about 5 seconds! But the experience blew me away - awake in my own mind! That was 35 years ago and I have been studying and playing with LD ever since smile

Current LD goal(s): to lucid dream at will
thoff96
LD count: 0.....1 OBE

PostPosted: Wed 21 Mar, 2012  Reply with quote

I am learning from this site. it is very helpful. a few of my friends have thrown in suggestions. I have been doing reality checks, writing in a dream journal, and mainly reading through this site. All of you have been a great help and thanks.

Current LD goal(s): acheive lucidity

print