What made YOU personally want to LD?

What is it that provides you with the motivation to keep on trying, what is it that interests you so much?

I’m one of these people who finds almost anything to do with reality painfully boring. The environments, the people and the way they act, the events and activities.

I’ve always been one to immerse myself in fiction instead, so exploring surreal environments, meeting strange characters and the feeling that anything could happen at any moment, without any limitations or restrictions except the ones I may choose to impose myself, is incredibly exhilarating.

That and having control over what I’m doing while I sleep, compared to having 7-10 hours of near-nothingness.

selena gomez.

Just the fact that, there it is. A way to experience something out of the ordinary.

Since then LD and LL has been a huge part of me and every time i have LD it encourages me to keep pushing to achieve that greatness.

More than as a means for escapism, i want to use dream world for my personality development in real world. In sense, i can communicate with my subconscious mind, make it my best friend, Create desired changes in my real life, improve my skills, and empower myself.

I originally started LD’ing because I wanted to try to fix my poor sleeping, which was partially caused by hectic dreams that woke me up every night. But I’m also a writer, always looking for inspiration, and I love to see new worlds, and it’s basically a REALLY fun thing to do.

I loved the idea of doing anything and creating anything, and I watched the movie Inception. :smile:

The idea of doing something when I wasn’t doing anything was the first thing. After that the idea of doing ANYTHING was awesome and still is. Then I quit :sad:. But a year later I started again after reading the CALD topic :happy:.

EDIT: and dealing with WL problems

The link between the conscious and the subconscious.

I would like to go and speak directly to my subconscious me.

Most of all adventures, and the other thing is curiosity.

In my opinion lucid dreaming is something, which can lie in fantasies and tales categorry, but it is real. Really real. People created many unreal things, many imagined worlds, which can be meet in books, movies and games. It’s not possible (right now, as far as I know :content: ) i.e. to meet a cyclop, centaur or thousands of imagined creatures, use a wand to cast magic spells, have a battle with lightsabers, take part in war and, after death, respawn and try again. People used their imaginations to create these things. It is all based on special effects in movies, many verses of codes in games or just a words in books, but noone can take part in something like this. We can only watch or read.

When I first read about lucid dreaming I was like “it’s just a fantasy, an imagination, it can’t be real to be in world like this when I can create things, play with anything I like or be anyone I want to”. But when I first enter the lucid dreaming world, to be honest I was like “Oh my godness, it’s possible”. When I first experienced it I felt like I entered the other world, a world, which I thought could have been only met in my imagination. But it was as REAL. It made me wanted to enter LD world again, to experience it, study it, research and learn. I am very in studying the human mind and all the things connected with it, and it’s a REAL and great opportunity to learn a lot about it and also about myself. It’s like the other dimension, and what’s the most important, dimension which I could go into. Just love it :smile:

I was lucid dreaming as a child, it’s always been there. I refined it as a method to protect myself from nightmares. Then it just kind of happened, I figured out how to do it all the time. I mainly just do it out of habit, I’ve always done it and thought it was normal to an extent.

Seeing as I have re-occurring dreams of work, I take control of these one to get my butt out of there. I’m almost ashamed to admit it, but I’ve used Lucid dreaming to punch my co-worker in the face. I certainly felt better after that, lots of frustration out… but I was sure I would face some sort of trouble, XD.

My first lucid dream. I actually didn’t know what that was but it was great. Then a few years later I was searching something about insomnia and I saw a link to lucid dreaming and then the research began!

After I’ve read what you can do and how I was more motivated then ever, also first experience with flying was just awesome and I wanted more…