LD4all Quest 71 - October 2011 - The Sound of LD4all

LD4all Quest 71 [October]: The sound of LD4all

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

Author: Ansie, Inspired by Fawn & Lucidion (dutch forum) - translated by pasQuale

The sound of LD4all

During this Quest you can let your musical creativity run free! In your lucid dream, you create a piece of a larger music piece. You can do this by playing an instrument in your dream, or write lyrics or compose a piece. It’s up to you how to fill in this Quest.
The theme is LD4all :ld4all:. Describe what kind of music you have composed. Perhaps you are able to compose it in waking life as well. Perhaps we will create a beautiful piece!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings
* Become lucid ( :tongue: )

• Create a music piece
  • Post your dream in this topic (a link to your DJ is allowed but you need to announce in this topic that you have succeeded)
  • describe in this topic the kind of music you made
  • optional recreate your dream creation in waking life (and let us hear it! (or read it if you made lyrics or wrote the melody)

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Q will only give wings if you feel you have been successful in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Preparation/incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD etc) * Focus on the Quest

• Think of how you want to make music, chose your instrument

tip: Read attempts from others doing this Quest for inspiration, perhaps you could add to a music piece already dreamt?

Post your results in this topic!

good luck

&

Have fun!

:dream:

I’ll give it a go. Wyvern already does this on a regular basis :tongue:

Completed the quest, however it was a quasi lucid dream. Although I knew I was in a dream and actively completing the task, the boundary between lucid and regular dreaming was very thin. This may of helped me stay quasi lucid longer.

After a long reg dream about trying to get somewhere with some friends in a car that would not work properly the scene changes. I leave my dream characters body (the role I was playing in the dream) and look back. I see my character change from a plain friendly person into a character that looks more like Cher with long black hair and long nails in a costume that looks like a red velvet robe. At this point I’m in observation mode and note music has started playing and the Cher look alike DC is getting ready to sing a song. I decide to grab a notebook (now in another dream body of my teenage self) and write down the lyrics as I hear them with the intention of completing this quest. The song seems to have a bitter tone/sentiments and is sung in a deep voice.

I fill a full page with the lyrics I have written down. Because I feel confident about the dream stability I decide to re-write the entire page of lyrics so I can remember them for posting on this forum (knowing there is no way I could remember all the lyrics otherwise). I sit down at a table with a few other characters (including my sister and father) and tell them as I giggle that I’m completing my homework assignment in my dream. My sister responds with a statement that startles me enough to wake me up from the dream.

Note: Most of the lyrics seemed personal and really I can’t remember most of them enough to write them down here. The last verse of the song was: “… remember… Mom gave up Dad for our Son”

Well I completed the quest!
I was messing around with making dubstep before I went to sleep so when I dreamed I was automaticly in some kind of hardcire dubstep concert so I knew I was lucid because I know I don’t go to many concerts so I tp’ed to my house and remembered this quest so I tried making something cool so somehow I created a piano that made a 2-step wobble (thanks to using fruity loops piano roll) and it was kinda cool sounding but I have no idea what it sounded like but I can just add a few wobbles but it probably wouldent sound all that cool it was just fun because I got to play it there and stuff… quests are fun thank you Q

I think ill give this a try, but is the song suposed to be about ld4all or just any song you want :razz:

Well me and nickle were just chillin i was playin my first accoustic guitar and for some reason a ice cream truck drove by playing a song i KNOW i have herd before but have no idea the name or anything and no idea how to play it so this is what i made out of what i could remember… Sorry if it is in bad quality this WAS recorded on my first accoustic guitar.

megaupload.com/?d=ARQ3J5FX

There it is

Nicklebrick, you’ll have to upload the file elsewhere and link to it, we don’t have any kind of data storage here for audio/video files :content:

I’ll try to upload a video if I have time :smile:

OK, I will try! But I dont play any instruments, … At least, not in the Physical World (Reality)!

I did it!
I was in a forest, and there was a treehouse. I wanted to go in the treehouse, but crocodiles attacked me.
I knew that something like that wouldn’t happen to me in RL so I became lucid.
I walked away while my sister started fighting crocodiles and I imagined i have a guitar (which I play in RL)
I couldn’t see anything but I still played it. When I woke up, I played that same melody from my dream and it sounded awesome!
I made the tabs:
eI----------- -------- 0
b|----- ------ 0
g| ----- 0
D|
A| ----- ------- -------------- --------- 5
EI ----- ---------- ------------ 6

Become lucid will be the most difficult part of this quest. :tongue:

Well my dream happened 2 hours after october but :razz:. Anyways my LD :happy: (I just woke up so I’m really excited :smile:)

I’m sittin in bed doin the WILD and I get this feeling and I go into SP, It’s like a muscle now :smile:. But I do that and I start to vibrate and I try moving my arm just to see If it really is SP and I can’t. That stops the vibrating for a little but I pick it back up and kinda mess with it for a couple minutes.

Now I’m in the dream, I’m still not exactly sure how entering it works but I’m in, and do a rc to check (this one works luckily) and yeah :happy:. I stabilize the dream, I eatz my lucid pill and rub the hands and everything is SO realistic, I walk outside my room and remember LUCID QUEST :tongue:. So I start rapping and I come up with this song mabey 8 lines long about LD4all before I get to my door. Then I go outside and everything is spot on and I’m so excited, this is the first stable dream in a while. Then I remember the MC I wanted to create so I try summoning her and nothing, then I try again and behind me is an old old man so I figure that didn’t work to well. I then go onto my lawn and try and fly. I get pretty high in the air for my first try but then fall, I keep on trying till im gettin pretty decent height. Then I just find it amusing how im not getting hurt when I fall so I faceplant into the grass, and nothing :tongue:. Then I feel like I need to get something done so I say, I wanna talk to some DC’s. then all of a sudden were the woods would start is this thing, like some trees and stones and stuff so I go over to it and it’s a challange. It says on the stone a message and I have to decode it. I don’t remember what it said but it was somethign backwards that said continue or advance or something. So I go back their and thiers another challenge, this ones puttin a square in a bigger square. I do it and talk to the DC next to it saying this is dumb I wanna talk to my SC or DG. I get not response which kinda upsets me, he just looks at me half smiling. Then the dream starts to fade and I get ready for a DEILD.

I think I then went into a FA but im not sure, my arms starting moving and I wasn’t controlling them so I guess it was a FA but meh :tongue:.

Anyways If I remember what the lyrics were I’ll post em, I’ll be thinking about it all day :happy:

EDIT: LD4all teach you how to CALD,
LD4all Im goin their tomar (kinda like tomorow but made it sound like CALD)
LD4all you better not make me bald (o.O)

(ill try and remember rest today :tongue:)

due to me being too busy :nuu: this Quest has been extended until the new Quest is posted. If you complete it before the new Quest is posted you can still earn your wings :smile: I’ll be along later to give out wings to everyone who earned them. In the mean time enjoy the current Quest.

Are you still taking request for the next LQ?

Q, November is here. Get the next one on here NOAW! No but really, music isn’t just my thing. I need something to keep myself busy for november.

Also, since that request topic has been locked, what about making/seeing art in your dreams and then bringing it to real life, by redrawing it of course >= )

Q, how long will it take for the next quest to be uploaded? Get the next one on here NOAW! No, just kidding. but really, music isn’t just my thing. :sad: I need something to keep myself busy for november.

Also, since that request topic has been locked, what about making/seeing art in your dreams and then bringing it to real life, by redrawing it of course >= )

/me coughs and posts the November LD4ALL quest

[center]

Congratulations

GDra
GnarGnar

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

Well done, am.dreaming and Nicklebrick for completing the Quest, extra cookies and invisible wings added!

:boogie: :boogie:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time! :smile:
[/center]

This Quest is now officially over. You are ofcourse free to still do this Quest at your leisure, and post in this topic about your results, but you can’t earn wings anymore by completing it.

Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest!

Thank you!