What Book Are You Reading? - Part IX

Percy got his own series. Now he’s just being greedy

Alright, so Christopher Paolini’s “Inheritance” is coming out in about a week. Who else is excited? :razz:

I’m reading the first Stephen Laberge’s book. I let you guess. :tongue:

Currently halfway through book five of the Narnia series

Magy i wanna read it but i got the other books on my kindle so i will be but I just started the second XD
I will read the new one in a while… if i can ever get to it…

We’re reading The Pearl by John Steinbeck in language, just got through chapter 4. Not a bad book so far

Thanks so much for mentioning this, MagykKatte. :happy: I’ve been looking forward this book for such a long time! At the moment I’m finally reading the last volume of Otherland by Tad Williams.

I am reading a comic book, V for Vendetta. It is the fifth of November. :smile:

I’m reading two books right now. One of them is Heart of Darkness, which I’m reading for my OR Responses in Honors English. Kind of an interesting book, considering there is an insane dude named Kurtz in there that convinced a bunch of people the Congo that he was God. The other one, which I am about to start reading, is Of Mice and Men. I have no idea of what its about yet, but I have to read that over Thanksgiving Break for English.

I’ve started on the Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien.

Nice! I think I was around your age when I read it the first time. Changed my life :razz: Although now a days we have the movies, you’ve probably seen them. It will still be good though!

I’m reading A Song of Ice and Fire, by George R. R. Martin. I’m on book 2 A Clash of Kings. It’s very awesome.

So far my absolute favorite series are Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Keys to the Kingdom.

I’m not currently reading any books, but I have recently read Poison by Chris Wooding and I have to say that the twist at the end had been pulled off very well.

As for the books I want to read, the Hunter Games series seems to be a very good series. I watched the movie trailer and I must say that the story looks to be quite promising. I also feel like reading the entire series of Narnia. My mother owns the complete set, so I could start reading it now if I wanted to, but I have too much on my plate at the moment. Maybe when my family leaves to the cottage once more will I give it a shot :smile:

We just started the Dairy of Anne Frank in language class but on my own I’m trying to finish the Fruits Baskets series.

Reading a collection of short stories The Best of Michael Swanwick…one of my favorite sci-fi/fantasy authors…bit of a maverick in this genre :happy: Also reading Elantris by Brandon Sanderson…tentatively an new favorite in the fantasy genre. Read his The Way of Kings recently which was superb!

Not really a novel in any sense of the word, but I just got my Genki books (Japanese language learning textbooks) today and will get started on those since my work schedule is FINALLY easing up a little.

What Genki do you have? The Integrated Course? I have those, 1 and 2 :tongue: plus the workbooks. I quite liked it I must say

Just finished “A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Four - A Feast for Crows” and am waiting for the next one that’s supposed to come by mail any day now :cry: (Book Five - A Dance with Dragons)

Im reading Robert Waggoners Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self, Stephen LaBerge Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming and Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoches Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep. Not much ‘fiction’ these days;)

The Nine Lives of Chloe King for me.
Oh how I love cats.

I was finally able to get my hands on all three books from the Hunger Games series about a month ago (borrowed them from a friend), and I must say that it is AWESOME!! I read the first 2 books in under a week and am currently (slowly) reading the third one. I’ll definitely consider buying my own copies once I finish reading, for it’ll sadden me to see them leave :’(