The BIG Remembering Dreams Topic - Part II

Yes. I have dreams about school. Just what I need, even more school. I waste 5 years learning education that I will never use in RRL. At the end of the day I don’t want to dream about more school.

But be patient. Your motive for remembering your dreams is to aim for lucid dreaming, and expand your consciousness.

I think we have all had those long boring dreams before practicing LD ing. I know that I have found that practicing LD ing has an effect on my ND making them more interesting.

Come to think of it, probably 50% of my dreams occur in school
:bored:

That should be a pretty good dream sign for you. :smile:

Hey guys, im back! You probably dont remember me, but I’m back!

Well, i’ve been doing well with remembering, but now the tides have turned completely opposite on me. Instead of easily remembering dreams on weekends, i cant remember anything! What happens is that i have so many dreams because i sleep in that when I wake up they are all fresh in my mind but at the same time. This causes a ‘dream overload’ and i cant pick details or anything from it.

Strange…

I remember you, LA. Welcome back. :smile:

Not sure I understand what you mean by “dream overload”. You recall so much that you don’t recall anything? (I could just be too tired to work that out…)

Maybe you could try letting go of the little details for now, and just focus on writing down the basic plot of your dreams as soon as you wake up. List some locations, characters and significant events, then build on that with more specific information if you can.

Can you describe the situation in a little more detail?

Well what happens is that i have so many dreams and since im not exactly brilliant at remembering they get all mixed up. When i try to write them down i keep on crossing stuff out or hesitating because I just know that thats not what happened in the dream at that time.

I dunno. Im weird that way. :cool:

Actually, I understand what you mean now. Occasioanlly I get multiple dreams mixed up if I don’t wake up a couple of times between them. I usually just write down what I can anyway, even if I don’t recall which dream the particular event was from.

I dont bother writing my dreams down when I wake up between them now, cos it stops me from either getting back to sleep or having vivid dreams later on. I do run them through while I’m going back to sleep thiough (which causes me to have 5 dreams in the same place/with the same theme). I don’t usually have any problems remembering them in the morning, but if I do I just go through the bits I can remember in detail ang go from there, mostly backwards.
Sometimes it’s really annoying because I’ll wake up in the morning and not be able to remember the first dream, and then an hoour later say, I’ll remember the first one, but I can’t remember the last one, it’s really funny(not at the time!)

The best way for me to remember dreams are to tell myself to wake up after each dream. And to write down a few words when I wake up in the night and write all my dreams down when I get up in the morning.

How do I fight that lazyness of mine?

The largest problem for me is getting myself to write the dreams down - I can’t help it. Somebody got an advice?

BareMig

You could record your dreams on tape. Then you can write them down later when you have time. As for help with lazyness. All I can tell you is that LD ing does take some effort on your part. If it is important enough to you you will do it. It is well worth it. Trust me.

Funny but I don’t tell myself anything except to have a lucid dream. I just wake up after every dream and I just write it down.

I don’t write my dreams down in the middle of the night anymore either but, I do write them down in the morning. When I wake in the middle of the night I do not want to stay up to long. I go right back to sleep to WILD. This way I can do WBTB with little disruption to my sleep. It works great for me because, I do remember my dreams in the morning.

I have the same problem :sad: My last proper lucid dream was in February. Since then I’ve not made much effort to write my dreams down.

Come on, people. :smile:

I can understand laziness better than most (as an avid procrastinator), but it’s really not that difficult to wake yourself up once or twice during the night with an alarm, and reach over to scribble down a couple of barely-legible words on your notepad. I generally set my alarm for about 5:30, then I’ll roll over, half-awake, and write a brief note to be properly translated in the morning. As an example, this morning I wrote “Terminator, mall, German class”, then dropped the pen and went right back to sleep. Later, after waking up properly, I wrote about 600 words in my Sea Life journal describing the dream, all from what I could remember upon reading back those few words.

If an alarm isn’t convenient (perhaps due to living circumstances), there are other ways to reliably wake yourself up at the 3/4 mark. As mentioned above, you can often get away with simply telling yourself that you’re going to wake up after each dream. Alternatively, you could drink a decent amount of water and let nature wake you up (hopefully before it’s too late). Back when I had a cat, I actually trained it to wake me up with a subtle pat to the face at almost exactly 5am each morning.

There are plenty of options!

Atheist

A+ + for creativity. :thumbs:

He also makes a good point. Lucid dreaming can be learned by anyone but, you do have to put some effort into it. In my opinion, learning to remember your dreams is one of the most important skills you need to lucid dream. Fortunately it is also one of the easiest to attain. If you put forth the small amount of effort it takes to record your dreams every night you will see amazing results in a very short time.

I just took a look at some of my middle of the night notes from one of my earlier DJ and some of my notes were less legible than that. Yet I was able to remember hole dreams from just a few incoherent phrases. It is amazing how the mind works.

I just registered here because someone told me about this forum.At first I didn’t even know what lucid dreams were,but after reading these things here I’ve realized that I’ve been having these dreams for some time now. I’ve never been scared of those dreams,I don’t know why…most people I know look at me as if I were some kind of freak when I tell them about my dreams.And I was beginning to think of myself in those terms too :sad: That’s why I’m so glad to be here. It’s good to know that you can share these intimate things with someone who understands and doesn’t judge…

hi frances, welcome to the forum :happy:

feel free to introduce yourself in the BIG “hi i’m new here!” topic in the Intro section :smile: i hope you will find yourself at home on ld4all :content:

Hey, I didn’t really feel like reading that whole thread, I just wanted to say something.
I’ve remembered 4 dreams in the past 7 days! Thats more than I’ve remembered in years. I used to be lucky if I remembered one dream a month. But, I found everyone here is right. Everyone said to keep a DJ, but I just dont have time for it. Plus, I’m too out of it when I first wake up to be able to think about writing a dream down. Also, when I was little, if I remembered a dream it would stay in my memory. Apparently thats no longer true. Tues. morning my alarm went off at 5:30, and I remembered to hestitate turning it off(it was just music anyway) to try to remember my dream. I immediatly rememembered it, hit the snooze and went back to sleep. When I woke up 8 mintues later, my memory of the first dream was really fuzzy, but I remembered a dream that I had just had in those 8 minutes(I guess I was still in REM). I hit the snooze once more, but when I woke up, all I could remember was that I had remembered the dreams…but my memory of them was gone! GRR :angry:

Does anyone have any suggestions? I really only have time to keep a DJ on the weekends, or I can write down my dreams later in the day, but not when I first wake up and remember them. Please help!