How Long Did It Take For You To First Become Lucid?

I really don’t know where I should post this, I’ve never been so generally confused about anything :confused: So, please forgive me if this is in the wrong place. How long did it take you to first become lucid? After properly reading up on techniques and such, I believe it took me about 2 days. I’m a quick learner :tongue:

Moved for Quest for Lucidity, and don’t worry about the move. That’s what we’re here for :wink: :tardis:

Wow, that’s impressive.
It took me about a month, but I stopped for a year or so and now I’m at the start again.
:neutral:
Tho’ I think that things will go better once I get the lucid mindset again. It’s all you need actually.
:wink:

I had my “first” only a few days after joining this community although I had a LD before coming here… But after that I didn’t get the second one more then a month…

~ Beat Doctor

I agree entirely. The last several weeks I’ve been out of the lucid mindset, being so tired. I’m excited for it again. :happy:

I’ve been doing it for over a year, and still haven’t had a lucid dream =/

My first LD happened about 2 weeks after learning about them, havn’t had one since :sad:

Hahah you are quick learner indeed! :tongue: I first became lucid about 8 years ago, if I recall correctly and I believe it took me about a month and a half. It was so exhilarating and unbelievable the first time though! When I woke up my first thoughts were ‘‘if this is real than I’ll bet so are aliens and conspiracy theories!’’ haha It really shattered the boundaries of what I thought was possible.

1 month 17 days

3 days

I don’t really remember. I know that it was fast but i have one about every month lately so I have been getting better at it.:content:

2 weeks

I think it’s 1 or 2 weeks, I’m not sure. :neutral:

It took me almost a year when I first started trying. I remember that first time vividly…and, after a year of trying and trying, you can imagine my excitement when it finally happened. I was jumping up and down on the bed, wooping like a 5-year-old when I woke up :tongue:

i had my first lucid dream 2-3 days after i learned about them, and i didn’t even used a technique :content:
but then i couldn’t have one for almost a month :sad:

Hi everyone! I’m completely new to LDs, and furthermore i’m french (as the french site doesn’t seem to have been updated since a very long time i came here), so i beg your pardon concerning every gramar faults that will occur in my posts! :grin:
I quickly read the few posts before and it seems that i’m very lucky, as i first read about LDs yesterday and had my first one the same night!! I’m so excited about it, it was kinda freaky at first, but really magic! I couldn’t believe such things could be possible…but they are! :content:
Concerning the method I used, I slept normally, when I woke up I was like “Ok then, I didn’t have one. Let’s write a bit about the normal dreams I had.” :sad: After writing it reminded me the WBTB method and I thought a try wouldn’t worth anything. So I went back to bed and…you know the end. :wink:
I wish anybody here could have LDs, and hope I will have my next one quickly. :smile:

LOL! I’m hoping to have another, too…soon soon very soon. I can FEEL it :happy:

I learned on my own when I was very young, but it took me years to figure out how to trigger it every time. Even now I struggle to get one when I try, but I have an easy time triggering them during “opportune” moments. Funny thing though is that I am not successful with many forum techniques, I do it my own way. In that sense most of the people on here are far better than me.

I never even knew there were websites for these sort of things…

Ah . . . my first lucid dream. . . . I’m not sure I’ve actaully had it yet. Yes, in spite of my current LD count saying “At last! 1!” it wasn’t exactly stable, and my brain didn’t seem to truly go “Hey, he knows he’s in a dream! I should actually grant him back his intelligence (or however you spell that silly word when you’re not actually trying to spell it)!” So, when I finally get a stable one, I’m probably gonna bump off the old one and declare the next one my new first-born son I mean LD. (This isn’t counting the ones where I do a reality check then imedeately wake up and the like)

But, as they say in Glypheye’s post:I’m gonna have another LD soon. I can feel it!

Funny, when you haven’t had an official LD yet, all the posts that were posted before you say “I’m so good a LDing, I had my first LD before I even fell asleep. That’s how good I am.” :tongue: Must be like one of those easter eggs game developers sometimes have in exploration based games No-one gets joke