Animal transformation.

Over the last few weeks I’ve been obsessed with animal transformation in dreams. Ive tried several different creatures and have been most successful transforming into fish.

For transformation I typically just change my eyesight first, not thinking about transforming. I got this method during the first fish transformation. I was leaning over a cup of water getting ready to transform. I focused on my goal but was limited on the feeling of shape shifting, and how to transform myself in a way that dropped me safely into the cup. It then hit me. I closed my eyes and just focused on being a fish in a cup. When I opened them again, I was in the cup, no feeling of transformation at all. I swam in circles a bunch and marveled at the feeling of wiggling my body and fins. I changed back the same way.

When I tried wolf I didn’t close my eyes, I just focused on lowering my eyesight like I was getting short, using all my focus on simply that. Once the right height, I then put focus on my body, which was now canine. No magic, no real changes. I just…became, nothing flashy. I did the same thing when I became an Eagle. I was falling and shifted so I was face down and just spread my wings and pulled up.

Does anyone else ever try this? Can anyone offer any tips for success?

I have to say that your story is motivating… I’ve only once been an animal and I was a chicken! :grin: [in my first LD after joining this community]

Closing eyes and imagining what you want to become is I think the best way to do it. I’ve always wanted to become a bird and see how that feels. Flying almost naturally comes to me in a dreams and I would love to experience bird flying…

When I was an eagle I was weaving between kite strings and unrealistic heights, it was so beautiful. I normally panic while flying in dreams, but I was able to relax and disconnect myself a little from the worry, maybe because I didn’t have a human body. I even once asked myself what would happen if my wing struck a kite line, and I shrugged it off believing an eagle was too agile to let that happen.

The best advice I could give you is to just close your eyes and tell yourself when you open them you’re whatever you choose to be. It’s been extremely effective for me, and laughably simple.

Way to go! :razz: sounds like you have a knack for that sort of thing (as well as having frequent LD’s, I wish I could say the same >.<) I’ve only done it conciously once, and it wasn’t even a full thing, but for me it was a more “sense” triggered experience… like I could feel feathers growing and stuff. But I dunno, despite all my wishings I’ve only shapeshifted once >.<

:peek:
I could of sworn I had turned into a cat once in an LD, and a duck in an ND.

that’s so cool! ive only had like 3 or 4 ld so far, but one of them was an animal transformation!

It was a DILD, and when i realized that i was dreaming i wanted to turn into an animal, so the first thing i thought of was a bunny. But transforming for me was not at all difficult, the moment i decided to turn be a bunny i was a bunny. I felt weird having short front legs and long hind legs. In the dream i ended up having tea with the mad hatter and the hare from alice and wonderland :eh:
When i got bored of being a bunny i decided to turn into a Centaur, and that also made my legs feel weird, but it was cool. I was in the forest hunting with two other centuars when one of my arrows fell down and and i couldnt pick it up because of my legs… :huh: so i ended up losing conciousness.

I dont seem to have to focus so much during transformation but more when i already transformed, because it kinda feels like this is not my body but at the same time it is. :shrug:

if i ever become lucid again i definetly would like to turn into a dragon, that way i can shape shif tAND fly in the same dream!