Pause Time

What huge dreamsign have you missed lately Part IIX

Author  Message 
Isorwas
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Sun 13 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I was talking with a DC in a ND last night and he told me that he would be online at a certain time and used his fingers to show the time. He had like eight fingers on his right hand and two on his left hand!

Current LD goal(s): Higher quality, LD at will
Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

PostPosted: Sun 20 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I replied to some topic here by someone who wanted to try out the lucid pill in his last dream (not LD) and now had a few questions about this. A friend was standing next to me and told me: "Well, this guy has missed a very big DS by dreaming about something dream related like the lucid pill but not getting lucid!" I was puzzled and answered: "Um, yeah, that's prolly true, but why are you telling me this?" She looked at me totally dumbfounded like: Eh? Are you serious?! Cutie...Really, how stupid are you? I just gave you one of the most obvious hints that you are dreaming right now!

Gah.

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
Unikko
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 11

PostPosted: Mon 21 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

Last night I had the Russian version of "Strangers like me" stuck in my head as I was falling asleep. I was a little worried the song might actually play in a dream, so I made sure to look out for it.

I ended up having a really vivid and elaborate dream about going to see a musical in Moscow... A musical about Tarzan. With all the Disney-version songs. I remember being really baffled throughout the show, feeling like I was somehow missing something important.

I think my SC is trying to tell me to work on my short-term memory...

*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity
LD count: 24

PostPosted: Sun 27 Nov, 2011  Reply with quote

I had this super-typical dream theme this last night:
I was in some run-down ghetto city and I wanted to take the train home, and for some reason I just knew that this was *the only* way for me to get home - and my home was far away, I just magically knew that too.

Anyway, when I was about to board the train I just realized that I didn't have any cash, so I wouldn't be able to pay for the ticket home - I was stranded in that lame city!
But then, guess what I thought to myself?

"Haha oh well luckily this is just a dream, this is no big deal. ♫"

The only problem is that I didn't truly understand what I was saying - I somehow knew it wasn't reality but I didn't actually get lucid.

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

The T-bane train was crossing a tram road on same level and I forgot to RC

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
PrecisionConage
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

*Laurelindo* wrote:
"Haha oh well luckily this is just a dream, this is no big deal. ♫"

The only problem is that I didn't truly understand what I was saying - I somehow knew it wasn't reality but I didn't actually get lucid.

This! I had this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. In the middle of the dream, I was explaining to my friends how I'd "Had a dream like this" recently. Except I didn't mean "this is kind of similar to a dream I had", I meant "This dream is just like another one I had". I was not happy with myself when I woke up from that...

Samadhi
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 0

PostPosted: Fri 16 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

Was in a plane which was about to fall into the ocean and I was like: "Oh, this feels kinda like a dream so it's not a big deal."

I woke up slightly disappointed. :D

*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Sun 18 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

This last night I dreamed that I was in a huge empty hall (and I really mean huge, it was probably something like 200 feet in length, width and height), and to the right of this room there were several huge pillars of sorts that were separated by huge walls - I was standing on the top of one of these pillars, and I was actually testing to fly between them - my technique was almost exactly like I was using the cape from Super Mario World: I soared, then when I started descending I pushed myself upward and started flying for a while again, etc.
At the furthest end I stopped and looked down, and told myself that "I can't trust that this is a dream, I would die if I fell from here and this was real life".

The only thing that keeps this from being a true lucid dream was that I did everything kind of subconsciously - I couldn't really make any own decisions, although I did manage to stop and look down for a while at the end, but I never had any real control over my actions.

Ghosteh
Fire Apprentice
LD4all addict
Ghosteh has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Loads of them

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

I dreamt of a duo-tram that turned around in Landala and inside the vehicle was a gigantic Coop Walmart (it was its actual name lachgroen) and I forgot to RC this damn event angry

Current LD goal(s): Become a fire-master
Faraday
Outworld Dreamer
Somniologist
LD count: ~49

PostPosted: Tue 20 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

I were talking to my brother about my friend being attacked by gangsters.

I DON'T HAVE ANY BROTHER
mirror ohno

Oh hai ghostie!

Current LD goal(s): Increase Lucidity / Find a way to LD when i want./ Find a DC i already met.
dB_FTS
Traveler
cookie lover
dB_FTS has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 118

PostPosted: Wed 21 Dec, 2011  Reply with quote

I had 2 dreams where I had amazing yet disturbing super powers and yet I didn't figure that I'm in a dream... cry

Current LD goal(s): #Find/Meet Dream Guide#
skyglide
Narnian
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 7

The other night i dreampt that i was in a hurry to get somewhere when i jumped and started swiming in mid air. People were looking at how cool this was and they were laughing, and i asked them, "Is this even possible?' And they just shrugged and i laughed. neutral

Current LD goal(s): Battle monsters, visit heaven, meet some old friends :)
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

skyglide wrote:
The other night i dreampt that i was in a hurry to get somewhere when i jumped and started swiming in mid air. People were looking at how cool this was and they were laughing, and i asked them, "Is this even possible?' And they just shrugged and i laughed. neutral

Ah, yes. The laughter from DC's who you know must know.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Leijona
long time lurker
Astral Explorer
Leijona has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 90

I visited LD4all and had a quick glance at the recent discussions.

One of them was "If I do a RC right now, will I have a DILD...?" by someone stating that he right now has the strong feeling that he is in a dream. I thought about writing a response like "Either we are experiencing a SD right now, or you're not dreaming " and how it's great that he manages to get the dream feeling IWL too. I was 100% sure that I wasn't dreaming.

The other topic was "Do a RC!" where someone described a dream he just had in which he read somewhere "This is a dream..." and haven't done a RC. I wanted to write a reply including how awesome I think it is that he had such a dream-related dream and that I haven't had one of those since ages.

Well, now I had. Oh yes. I need to get back into LD'ing and actually do RC's whenever I'm visiting the forum. If you're reading this. Don't make the same mistake like I did.

*Leijona does a RC

Current LD goal(s): visit an abandoned place
*Laurelindo*
Yes! I am invincible!
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

My "pre-lucids" drive me crazy, because they are so realistic.
Last night I think I actually missed several opportunities to turn lucid just because I didn't even bother to test them.
It went on like this for a good while:

*I'm in the kitchen, everything seems normal and I can even read text (!)
*I cognitively think "this isn't a dream, everything is too realistic for that"
*I suddenly find myself in my bed, but too drowsy to think clearly
*I believe I am awake again, but suddenly find myself in bed yet again

Yeah, basically like that.
My problem is obviously that I don't truly realize the importance of reality checks.

print