How to actually believe MILD?

After a lot of pain and dry times, I’m definetely using MILD, because it’s the only option left for me. I do as I’m told, think about the lucid dream, say the mantra, try to be confident and believe what you are saying, but this is harder than it seems. None of the techniques I ever tried have ever worked, I’m pretty sure MILD is not working because I’m not believing enough, but now, how do I believe? It must be hard to explain, but there must be a way, I feel really frustrated and upset about really not ever having any results by any means with any techniques I use.

Please hear my plea. Thanks.

I know it’s hard and it’s frustrating at first, but the trick is to just pick a technique and stick with it. Don’t let yourself feel disappointed when you don’t achieve lucidity after a solid attempt. Instead, take on the attitude of “Well, I am just one day closer to my first lucid dream.”

Stay consistent and results will be yours in no time.

I know you didn’t ask for it but the problem with your approach to LD is that your looking at the big picture. What I mean by that is every option works, it just takes time. Some things work better for some people some don’t. But every time that you try a technique you are getting a little better at it and with enough practice you eventually learn it. I highly recommend trying to take that approach to LDing, It takes out the stress and stress isn’t what you want.

As far as the MILD technique goes, when you repeat your mantra you want to believe it of course. The best way that I’ve found that helps me believe it will work is telling ‘acting’. What I do is tell myself in a confident tone my mantra. If that doesn’t work I tell myself something obvious like “1+1 = 2 … duh” and kind of exaggerate the obviousness of it. Then when the obvious tone becomes obvious enough or it’s kind of robotic then I say my mantra with the same tone like “I will have a LD tonight… duh im the LD masta” :razz: It’s cheesy but that’s the best way.

Method #2 for increasing confidence is doing a WBTB with a mantra instead of a alarm. Instead of setting your alarm for… 5, just tell yourself you will wake up at 5 and you will if you really believe it. This will increase your confidence in MILD a lot and it’s also a nice way to WBTB and wakeup.

But If I could give you one bit of advice, It would be have a positive attitude. Even if you don’t have a positive attitude right now, every time you do LD you try to LD you are getting closer and just because you don’t get them instantly doesn’t mean you wont get one. Besides that… something else kinda random that motivates me is the thought that people are natural at this, people do it ALL the time without trying because the EXPECT it to happen, and their really is no reason why you can’t! So eat your wheaties and have some LD’s!

I wonder if Imsomnia might be one of the problems too, it’s quite frustrating to do the mantra and roll on the bed for the next hours.