What huge dreamsign have you missed lately Part IIX

Last night I had the Russian version of “Strangers like me” stuck in my head as I was falling asleep. I was a little worried the song might actually play in a dream, so I made sure to look out for it.

I ended up having a really vivid and elaborate dream about going to see a musical in Moscow… A musical about Tarzan. With all the Disney-version songs. I remember being really baffled throughout the show, feeling like I was somehow missing something important.

I think my SC is trying to tell me to work on my short-term memory…

I had this super-typical dream theme this last night:
I was in some run-down ghetto city and I wanted to take the train home, and for some reason I just knew that this was the only way for me to get home - and my home was far away, I just magically knew that too.

Anyway, when I was about to board the train I just realized that I didn’t have any cash, so I wouldn’t be able to pay for the ticket home - I was stranded in that lame city!
But then, guess what I thought to myself?

“Haha oh well luckily this is just a dream, this is no big deal. ♫”

The only problem is that I didn’t truly understand what I was saying - I somehow knew it wasn’t reality but I didn’t actually get lucid.

The T-bane train was crossing a tram road on same level and I forgot to RC :wallhit:

This! I had this happened to me a couple of weeks ago. In the middle of the dream, I was explaining to my friends how I’d “Had a dream like this” recently. Except I didn’t mean “this is kind of similar to a dream I had”, I meant “This dream is just like another one I had”. I was not happy with myself when I woke up from that…

Was in a plane which was about to fall into the ocean and I was like: “Oh, this feels kinda like a dream so it’s not a big deal.”

I woke up slightly disappointed. :happy:

This last night I dreamed that I was in a huge empty hall (and I really mean huge, it was probably something like 200 feet in length, width and height), and to the right of this room there were several huge pillars of sorts that were separated by huge walls - I was standing on the top of one of these pillars, and I was actually testing to fly between them - my technique was almost exactly like I was using the cape from Super Mario World: I soared, then when I started descending I pushed myself upward and started flying for a while again, etc.
At the furthest end I stopped and looked down, and told myself that “I can’t trust that this is a dream, I would die if I fell from here and this was real life”.

The only thing that keeps this from being a true lucid dream was that I did everything kind of subconsciously - I couldn’t really make any own decisions, although I did manage to stop and look down for a while at the end, but I never had any real control over my actions. :tongue:

I dreamt of a duo-tram that turned around in Landala and inside the vehicle was a gigantic Coop Walmart (it was its actual name :tongue:) and I forgot to RC this damn event :angry:

I were talking to my brother about my friend being attacked by gangsters.

I DON’T HAVE ANY BROTHER
:mirror: :wallhit: :ohno:

Oh hai ghostie!

I had 2 dreams where I had amazing yet disturbing super powers and yet I didn’t figure that I’m in a dream… :cry:

The other night i dreampt that i was in a hurry to get somewhere when i jumped and started swiming in mid air. People were looking at how cool this was and they were laughing, and i asked them, "Is this even possible?’ And they just shrugged and i laughed. :neutral:

Ah, yes. The laughter from DC’s who you know must know.

I visited LD4all and had a quick glance at the recent discussions.

One of them was “If I do a RC right now, will I have a DILD…?” by someone stating that he right now has the strong feeling that he is in a dream. I thought about writing a response like “Either we are experiencing a SD right now, or you’re not dreaming :tongue:” and how it’s great that he manages to get the dream feeling IWL too. I was 100% sure that I wasn’t dreaming.

The other topic was “Do a RC!” where someone described a dream he just had in which he read somewhere “This is a dream…” and haven’t done a RC. I wanted to write a reply including how awesome I think it is that he had such a dream-related dream and that I haven’t had one of those since ages.

Well, now I had. Oh yes. I need to get back into LD’ing and actually do RC’s whenever I’m visiting the forum. If you’re reading this. Don’t make the same mistake like I did.

/me does a RC

My “pre-lucids” drive me crazy, because they are so realistic.
Last night I think I actually missed several opportunities to turn lucid just because I didn’t even bother to test them.
It went on like this for a good while:

*I’m in the kitchen, everything seems normal and I can even read text (!)
*I cognitively think “this isn’t a dream, everything is too realistic for that”
*I suddenly find myself in my bed, but too drowsy to think clearly
*I believe I am awake again, but suddenly find myself in bed yet again

Yeah, basically like that.
My problem is obviously that I don’t truly realize the importance of reality checks.

I was talking to a cat… :ding:

I swam in icy water… :eek:

I don’t know… Perhaps the cannibals or the fact my mentor was a book character?

About 90% of my dreams every night? Lol, I just never notice. Like last night, for example, there was a giant floating eyeball talking about how the “Plume 535” system was a far better “drama server” than Windows, and how he used it for his house’s Shakespeare server (or something like that). So there’s that. There were tonnes more, of course, but that was probably the most blatant (from last night, anyway).

Last night i dreamt that the chairs in my office were toilets. So i dropped my pants and dropped a deuce. everyone else Oblivious, sitting fully clothed like the toilets were chairs, didnt notice me. I got in my dads car and left the place

How am i supposed to remeber to RC? when im asleep, my logic doesnt exist !

I just started floating around above the ground, like it was the most normal thing in the world… And I didn’t even think about it being a dream -.-

I think I dreamt I was explaining lucid dreams to someone…or I thought about it before sleep.