Automatically lucid in a successfully WILD?

the title is self explanatory, do you automatically become lucid if you successfully did a WILD or it just starts off a ND until you do an RC?

If you successfully do a WILD, you’ll remember that you just went to sleep and therefore are dreaming when you enter the dream. If you lose consciousness and end up in a dream without being lucid, it isn’t a WILD.

It can sometimes help to do an RC when you enter the dream just to confirm to yourself that you are dreaming, but there’s nothing magic about RCs that make it impossible to be lucid without them. (And there’s nothing magic about them that makes you lucid, either, for that matter.)

I did my WILD after i woke up at morning, and for me it started as ND until I automatically said to myself “dream” (because as I was falling asleep, I said the word “dream” couple times).
Just like elnaureth said, you can probably be lucid if you remembered that you just slept without doing RC.

Every time I start a WILD I’m lucid, I can’t see it as being any other way. For me it usually goes like this:

I’m lying in bed, not moving at all. Sometimes I start to feel sleep paralysis set in, sometimes I don’t. After a little while something odd will happen. I’ll sense someone else in the room, hear someone speaking (sometimes yelling), or any number of strange things. This lets me know I’m close. After that I let the “event” pass and simply slide/hover out of bed… and just like that, I’m in a dream.

It’s impossible for you to WILD and not be lucid from it by definition. Wake Induced Lucid Dream, if you don’t become lucid from the process, then you didn’t WILD you simply fell asleep, perhaps with greater awareness of it, but still just fell asleep nevertheless.

If you temporarily loose awareness then you could say it was still a WILD, the process caused you to become lucid just not quite as intended, or that it was a DILD, brought on by the increased level of awareness you had from WILDing.

I need to disagree with you. That’s the biggest mistake one can do while doing
WILD - thinking that he shouldn’t wall asleep. You must fall asleep eventually in order to dream only difference is in making conscious decision on when to let yourself to fall asleep. That transition from waking state to a dream state to me feels like a second not more… So you always lose awareness for some time, even those who say that dreams form around them…

Maybe some naturals can stay conscious through the whole process, but for me it only works when I remind myself at short intervals to check if I’m already dreaming and let my mind wounder in between. Depending on the exact moment of the reality check I become conscious while the dream forms or I feel myself slide out of bed or the dream already started. I’m never conscious the whole way. Therefore I think there’s a very thin line between WILD and DILD…at least for me it’s like that.