ND Challenge 2 - Winner: Moogle

ND Challenge 2
NameDream JournalPersonal Goal1. GHOSTIE11 :tongue: Searching For Truth Through Part 5 listen to my DC’s

1. moogle :moogle: [ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams visit hippo in the labyrinth
  2. Vampirism45 :boogie: Vampirism45’s Dream JournalMeet the dude that robbed my house in the first nightmare recorded in my DJ again
  3. Scipio Xaos DJ Make it to The Portal
  4. avalinah ava’s DJ fight as many fights, be a hero and save the world and stuff xD
  5. ebilshrimp dreams of ebilshrimp. Go to china and visit some old architecture.
  6. Togro . Togro’s dreams. Meet hot chicks.
  7. Altuno Altuno’s Journal of Dreams Learn an unknown truth about myself or someone else.
  8. Mew151 Mew151’s dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo Have a nightmare :cthulhuy:
  9. OlegEqualzName: The Black Notebook remember scenary to some accuracy.

The journal in the list in the earlier posts is outdated, so I have updated the link to it in this post :cool:

Hm. I don’t really get the voting system, and I don’t think that extra points should be awarded if the challenge is incubated during an LD, since this is about incubation, not control. D=

ND Challenge 2
NameDream JournalPersonal Goal

1. GHOSTIE11 :smile: Searching For Truth Part 5 listen to my DC’s
  2. moogle :moogle: [ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams visit hippo in the labyrinth
  3. Vampirism45 :boogie: Vampirism45’s Dream JournalMeet the dude that robbed my house in the first nightmare recorded in my DJ again
  4. Scipio Xaos DJ Make it to The Portal
  5. avalinah ava’s DJ fight as many fights, be a hero and save the world and stuff xD
  6. ebilshrimp dreams of ebilshrimp. Go to china and visit some old architecture.
  7. Togro . Togro’s dreams. Meet hot chicks.
  8. Altuno Altuno’s Journal of Dreams Learn an unknown truth about myself or someone else.
  9. Mew151 Mew151’s dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo Have a nightmare :cthulhuy:
  10. OlegEqualzName: The Black Notebook remember scenary to some accuracy.
  11. Eilatan :woah: Going Out Your Front Door Get to the clearing on the Lion Turtle’s back.

Xand, I think you should explain the timing system of when things happen vs when they are written. Since I got confused about my flying stuffums and it may help others to know.

P.S: Updated the link to Ghostie’s DJ.

UÆÆÆÆ! The link broke and I noticed that just now, I fixed it :grin:

Thanks EIl anyways for fixing it :tongue: didnt notice your post

Still no PM’s? Or did I just not get one? :razz:

:hyper:
It’s the 17th in some places of the world! :tongue:

PM’s Sent. I’m working on a rule re-write up and the first task. The competition will start as soon as I’ve completed those. Tomorrow at the earliest, Friday at the latest.

In the meantime, please verify your DJ links and personal goals. The current signup list is below. Goals should be something that you can accomplish in an ND (as this is a NORMAL dream incubation challenge) and should be something objective. You should be able to easily say either “Yes I did it” or “No I didn’t” about any particular dream.

ND Challenge 2

1. GHOSTIE11 :smile: Searching For Truth Part 5 Listen to my DC’s
  2. moogle :moogle: [ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams Visit hippo in the labyrinth
  3. Vampirism45 :boogie: Vampirism45’s Dream Journal Meet the dude that robbed my house in the first nightmare recorded in my DJ again
  5. avalinah ava’s DJ Fight as many fights, be a hero and save the world and stuff xD
  6. ebilshrimp dreams of ebilshrimp. Go to china and visit some old architecture
  7. Togro . Togro’s dreams. Meet hot chicks
  8. Altuno Altuno’s Journal of Dreams Learn an unknown truth about myself or someone else
  9. Mew151 Mew151’s dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo Have a nightmare :cthulhuy:
  10. OlegEqualzName: The Black Notebook remember scenary to some accuracy
  11. Eilatan :woah: Going Out Your Front Door Get to the clearing on the Lion Turtle’s back

ND Challenge 2

1. GHOSTIE11 :smile: Searching For Truth Part 5 Listen to my DC’s
  2. moogle :moogle: [ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams Visit hippo in the labyrinth
  3. Vampirism45 :boogie: Vampirism45’s Dream Journal Meet the dude that robbed my house in the first nightmare recorded in my DJ again
  5. avalinah ava’s DJ Fight as many fights, be a hero and save the world and stuff xD
  6. ebilshrimp dreams of ebilshrimp. Go to china and visit some old architecture
  7. Togro . Togro’s dreams. Meet hot chicks
  8. Altuno Altuno’s Journal of Dreams Learn an unknown truth about myself or someone else
  10. OlegEqualzName: The Black Notebook remember scenary to some accuracy
  11. Eilatan :woah: Going Out Your Front Door Get to the clearing on the Lion Turtle’s back
  12. Limitles: The Limitles DJSail on an old fashioned pirate ship

eeek posted this right after you said that Ysim, i can still join?

aww wish we had started today, just finished my ND goal of a zombiee apocalypse hahah (its in my DJ) but i need a new goal now…e

I bring you da RULES!

The rules are as follows:

5 points for recalling fragments
10 points per ND recalled
20 points per LD recalled
5 points per successful chain
25 points per personal challenge incubated dream
25 points per late incubation task dream
40 points per current incubation task dream
5 points per dream of the current incubation task done while lucid
5 points per dream of personal challenge done while lucid
15 points per most interesting Dream Journal vote
15 points per most well written Dream Journal vote

There will be 10 Incubation Tasks, one announced each Sunday and Wednesday. Your goals overall are to recall and record dreams in detail, and to have a dream about the current or past task.
You may also choose a personal challenge.
Please pre-state your personal challenge upon signup. Once you have completed your challenge you may choose a new one.

Please put a link to your DJ when you sign up. If you do not have a Dream Journal on LD4all, start one, it is a great habit. You may create a temporary DJ in the Dream Journal forum. If you wish to make it truly temporary, just contact a moderator after the challenge to have it removed.
Of course only dreams had DURING the course of the challenge are eligible for points. It may be a good idea to make a comment in your DJ of where your first ND Challenge Dream begins.

Throughout the challenge the other participants may read your Dream Journal to vote on. They will be voted on at the end of each task best content, and best writing style.

At the end of every incubation session you may vote on who’s DJ you enjoyed the most, in the categories of Most Interesting Content (or “best overall content”), and Most Well Written (or “best clarity of writing”) Journal. Only dreams from within the challenge should be considered.
You have two (2) votes, one (1) per category, at the end of each task. This means there will be one voting period, which I will make a 3 day deadline on, that hangs out at the end of the ND Challenge.
You cannot vote for yourself.
Votes may be submitted via post or by pm for sake of being anonymous.
You earn 15 points per vote you receive.
You do not have to vote if you do not want to, but it is encouraged.

Example of Points:

Recal and taskl: For every ND you have you get 10 points. If that dream completes the challenge you get 10 + 25 (for personal challenge or late task) or 10 + 40 (for current task). A lucid dream recalled will get you 15 points; however, as this is an incubation challenge, creating the task after becoming lucid will only gain you 15 + 5 (for current task or personal challenge), or 15 + 0 (for late task). This is not to penalize you for being lucid, but the ND Challenge is about dream incubation, not lucidity.

Votes: If after the first task has ended, three people have voted your DJ most interesting and one gave you a vote for most well written, that’s an additional 45 (3 votes) + 15 (1 vote) = 60.

Fragments: If you wake up and only recall fragments (ie: “Something about wires, a car, and flying with birds…”), you will be given 5 points even if all fragments are from different dreams/snippets. The taskmaster, however, reserves the right to double that to 10 points should there be an excessive amount of fragments.

Chaining: If you wake from a dream and immediately re-enter it (regardless of lucidity) you will be granted 5 extra points. That is, if you have a ND (10 points) wake and roll over back to sleep; re-enter it (5 points) and continue the dream (10 points); wake, roll over, re-enter (5 points); and that becomes a lucid dream (20 points); you have gained 50 points for prolonging the dream. That is provided you recall it :wink:

Overall: If you had 4 votes (60 points), and you had 2 ND’s and one completed the current task, 60 (from votes) + 20 (recalled ND’s) + 40 (current task) = 130 points. If one night you woke recalling only fragments, that’s another 5 points, but later that day you took a nap and chained (+5 points) a ND (+10 points) into an LD (+20 points) in which you did the current challenge (+5 points) you’re sitting at 175 points.

If you have any questions please ask.

ND Challenge 2

1. GHOSTIE11 Searching For Truth Part 5 Listen to my DC’s
  2. moogle [ND Challenge] moogle’s dreams Visit hippo in the labyrinth
  3. Scipio Xaos DJ Make it to The Portal
  4. Togro Togro’s dreams Meet hot chicks
  5. Mew151 Mew151’s dreams: Randomness^2: Electric Boogaloo Have a nightmare
  6. OlegEqualzName The Black Notebook remember scenary to some accuracy
  7. Eilatan Going Out Your Front Door Get to the clearing on the Lion Turtle’s back
  8. Limitles The Limitles DJSail on an old fashioned pirate ship

The first task should be up sometime in the next 24 hours and you will have until Wednesday (Dec 28) before the second task is announced. This is to give you all a little extra time to work on it with the holiday weekend. I will also try to stick to announcing the tasks at a set hour each time; however, I cannot say exactly what that hour will be at the moment.

Task 1 - T’is Nobler To Give or To Receive?
Deadline Wednesday, Dec 28
T’is the season of gift exchange in most religions, so this will probably be a topic hot on your mind. It also coincides with our monthly Lucid Dreaming Quest. Any dream that directly involves gifts, presents, etc, and/or the act of exchanging, giving, or receiving them will count. I will also count any dreams about playing with (or otherwise using) presents you just received either in RL or a FM.

Good luck and happy dreaming :wink:

perfect- its Christmas Eve, this shouldnt be too hard :razz:

Yes. Time to dream about playing with My Little Ponies.
cough I mean
/me flexes muscles
some MANLY wrestling toys.

:peek:

:nuu: I haven’t got around to getting my dj uptodate. I think I will do any dreams in spoilers and then repost them in the correct order :bored:

Dreamed about eating Lego and something about hiding something in snow that melted and suddenly a hail-storm arrived, details to be written later in my DD (and be linked here)

Had one relating to gifts kind of.
/me posts in his DJ.

Here’s a Normalucid… because I can’t tell which it should fall under. It is actually segemented in the middle, but I titled them the same in my personal journal so I conjoined them online. But there’s at least one dream (normal or lucid; sometimes I am, sometimes I’m not) and two fragments. Off to read the others’ DJs. Enjoy!

Not sure if the dream directly involves gifts.

Can’t remember how we did challenge 1. do you want brief summaries of how we think we scored? or are you looking at the djs yourself?

Really, either or both, moogle. What would be most helpful to me is to tell me how many dreams (NDs and LDs) you recalled and post a link to the post of any dream you believe qualifies for the task. Also a blurb about which part, if it’s a particularly long dream.
It’s not required, but it would help me a lot with the scoring.

The first task ends when I post the second task sometime later today (It’s 3am Wednesday, here). Most likely this will be in about 10-11 hours from now. I will count any dreams HAD before that time even if they take a little longer to type up. Also, once the second task is open, I will accept votes for best content and writing style via this thread, pm, or irc query (though I may just tell you to pm it to me on the forum as I’m not always on the same computer). The winners of those 2 voting categories will be announced at the deadline, which will be the opening of the third task (New Year’s Day).

Scores may take a little longer to post, but should be up shortly after the task.

I hope that all made sense…

Okay, so I did not achieve gift giving but here is the Start of the ND Challenge in my DJ. I recalled 3 ND’s, and I am going to leave it up to other peoples judgment on whether or not to decide that first one was a LD/had an LD moment and not a ND.

Looking forward to the next task, but wish people would post their DJ links more in their posts.

Here’s another normal and a fragment.

Task 2 - Baby New Year

With the New Year right around the corner, you may hear a lot about it’s mascot “Baby New Year”. A new year, a new life, a dream of a baby (or babies) is your second task. Anything with a baby in it. Your kid or someone else’s, does not matter, as long as there is a baby.

Scores coming soon…