Pause Time

Dream guides

Author  Message 
ShaneTheShaman
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: [18]

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

I was listening to the Get Lucid podcast, and the guy was talking about how he met this tall dark figure which he believed was his guide, so I became lucid inside my house and remembered this and started running down stairs and asked for my DG to appear, and this old woman came around the corner and it felt in slow motion and I didn't get to see her face but I was looking at her waist, trying to speak but I couldn't, she just kept telling me something over and over again: "Are you going to exhibit the angels?"

I woke up after her saying that and I tried to find out what it means but never could. whatsthat

Current LD goal(s): Meeting my dream guide at a campfire.
wolvendeer
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Scribes
LD count: 23?

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

Well, by definition a DG is an agent of your SC, but that doesn't mean that it is a figment of your imagination. My DG can be powerful enough to pull herself together into a presence that I can sense in a certain location relative to myself IWL when she wants to, and she has appeared to me more times when I was awake than when I was asleep. Depending on what I am ready to hear at the time, though, she goes between calling herself my DG and my SG, so I'm not exactly sure what she is, but here goes.

Nicklebrick wrote:
So what i posted earlier was about jsut creating something from scratch and making him a dream guide (CALD) and jsut let him form himself, and eventually he will become your DG if you can believe in him enough... just a guess, i have never actually tried it

My guide was actually introduced to me by one of my brother's characters, so it isn't unlikely that CALD can be a very good technique for cultivating your DG.

For me, one of my brother's characters introduced a dragon to me, and that dragon introduced her sister, who eventually became my guide after a few years of us barely interacting. Whenever she needs to interact with me she usually appears IWL rather than inside of a dream. In fact, I only remember her being in three dreams.

The first dream, she was being a drama queen. She was supposedly in love with this tiny green dragon, and she was standing on a cliff above the little fellow and 'swooned' and fell off the cliff in a sort of 'catch me' fashion, and she ended up crushing the poor thing and killing it. Overall, it didn't surprise me in the least coming from her, given her reputation at the time. (link)

The second time, I was flying along, and I ran into these gorillas, who were talking about a cache of dragon eggs that someone had hidden that no one would find in time to save, and I jumped down at them, and I was worried because of how many of them there were, but my body just reached out and grabbed one of their throats and demanded the location of the cache, and when I looked at my arm, I noticed that it was my guide's arm instead of my own. It was a huge relief, because I knew that even though I wasn't in control of the situation she was more than capable of handling it. (link)

The third time, I was at this pool party, and everyone was dying, but towards the end of the dream, IIRC, my guide showed up there in a human guise as my girlfriend, which made me feel a lot better about the dream and redirected an otherwise pointless nightmare into something at least somewhat good.

Those are the few times I remember her being there while I was asleep. As I said, she is there a lot more when I am awake than when I am asleep.

PostPosted: Fri 13 Jan, 2012  Reply with quote

I have only once met my DG. A year or two ago. Even though I know nothing about him, I have a feeling of certainty that he is my DG. I'm still waiting for the next encounter...

I was riding a bike (this was a ND) during the summer through a motorway when I reached a long bridge and decided to stop and enjoy the view. I took off my helmet and leaned my back to my bike to relax. Suddenly a weird guy appeared behind me and I turned to face him. He was wearing a black hat and somewhat official looking uniform. He had some papers and a pencil in hand. Then he said "It's time for your test". I don't remember much of those tests but there were 5-8 of them and all the time that guy was making notes in his papers. After the testing was done the guy looked at his watch on his right arm and said "Ok. That was all but we still have some time left so you can now do what you want." Suddenly I was totally lucid as if triggered by that sentence. The guy still stood there watching but he didn't seem to pay much attention. It seemed that it was his duty to be there until time ran out and only then he could go off. I didn't pay him much attention either as I was exited by my sudden lucidity and quickly thought something awesome to do. I tried flying (of course, almost a cliché) and was soaring over the bridge and enjoying the view. Having maximum fun. Then I woke up...

When being awake I had a sudden feeling I had failed the test and facepalmed right away. I'm still waiting for that next encounter...

guywithchocolate
Dreamer Of Adventures
Novice dreamer
guywithchocolate has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Countless

PostPosted: Thu 02 Aug, 2012  Reply with quote

Mine's the "Space Coyote" from the season 8 episode of the simpsons "El viaje misterioso de nuestro Jomer." He's easy to find. He's in a dark alley, sniffing through trash (pleasant,)in a mirror, in space or in a desert. Like in the Simpsons, he's got the voice of Johnny Cash, a nice voice that suits him. I first met him in a dream right after I watched that episode. I met him in the desert, and told me a lot of stuff. I the simpsons I'm pretty sure he said he's Homer's spirit guide so I'm guessing that's why he appeared as my spirit, dream or whatever guide. Talking to a cartoon animal with the voice of Johnny Cash is fun so I force him to appear every time. smile

Current LD goal(s): Go on down to South Park and have myself a time!
Bl1nd

PostPosted: Mon 03 Sep, 2012  Reply with quote

hahah according to your experiences DG's seem to appear more often while you're riding a bike. draait

print