Having conversations with dream characters?

I’ve only ever had one lucid dream, and I didn’t talk to anyone in it, so here goes.

I know, and I’m sure we all know, that during lucid dreaming, everything comes down to expectations. In my lucid dream, I expected to fly, and I did. I expected to find a chocolate cookie in my pocket, and I did. I also know you can ‘mind control’ your DCs by expecting their next phrase/move/whatever. However, is it possible in a LD to have a proper conversation with a DC? Surely, if you’re talking to him, you will subconsciously expect answers to your questions and appropriate replies, and the DC will use them? What I’m getting at is, can you hold proper conversation with a DC without consciously affecting their responses, getting genuine replies?

the question asks whether or not a subconscious part of yourself can give information that is genuine (not subconcious?). alil bit of an oxymoron but, i think i know what your asking… the answer is… keep your mind unaware of what they’ll say (give questions that you have no idea what the answer would be) and that way, they’ll probably give honest answers… or nonsensical ones as sometimes is the case.

Haha, thanks for the replies nevertheless, on both threads, quite helpful!

One of the things I do the most in my dreams is converse with DC’s. Initially this was to improve my WL social abilities. I’ve had some very meaningful conversations with them!

Ex. I’ve talked with a fox shapeshifter named Renard. We had an in-depth discussion about a curse she was under and her being disowned by her parents.
I’ve also had a conversation with a toilet paper roll! Well, he used to be human, apparently. He was in a mental asylum for being overly religious. He told me about his family, his views, and his obvious curse.

You can choose whether or not you wanna control what your DC’s say. Honestly, it takes much less effort to just let them speak on their own, so a proper conversation with them is quite possible. The issue most people run into is whether or not their DC’s are intelligent. Many DC’s spout out nonsense. I’ve not had that issue, but it seems to be common.

I’ve never been able to have a profound conversation with a DC in an LD, but I have been able to have conversations with them in which I didn’t knowingly manipulate anything they were saying. In fact, in an LD I was having last night, the DC version of my father gave a quite exasperating answer when I asked him for input on a dream control method. I had just finished a long explanation of what I had in mind, and he told me that it was way too complex. I was so irritated with him that I turned around and left the room.

Having conversations with DC rare for me, though, seeing as how my LDs are usually pretty empty of DC.