Hey! A few questions!

Hey, my name is Cyan715, i am a new member and i found this a few days ago.
I really want to have one LD dream since when i read all your fun stories!

I tried yesterday to use a “wild” form to fall asleep, but i failed since i focused on swallowing. Another thing was after my body felt asleep or atleast it felt numb, it was like nothing happend, i just layed there. So what shuld i do in that position? I decided to move my hands and wake up then lay like i would normaly sleep and just fall into sleep.

So my question is, what shuld you do after your body is feeling numb.
What shuld you do against saliva production?
How do i “walk into” my dream?

Thanks! have a nice night! :razz:

PS; would love if someone could respond today! I would love to try again tonight.
I been “Reality checking” the whole day by trying to
push my hand through my other hand! So i might be ready! Thanks!

Moved from General Lucidness. :dragon:

I think you should train your Dream memory before trying to have a LD; write your dreams for exemple…

“saliva production” … WHAT ?

Oh right sorry.

I cant stop focusing on swallowing, resulting in me keeping focus on that.
I found a “small” cure thought, so i will see how it goes.

Also, i have started with my dream diary yes :razz:

But i see no harm in trying, since it doesent hurt :razz:

It’s great that you want to get into LDing and made an effort after reading our experiences. But I do think that you should start from square one instead of just saying “a lucid dream… I want one of those!” and laying down. :razz:

As dagto said, you should definitely have good dream recall. I see you already started on that, so I won’t say anything more there.

You may have a specific lucid dream in mind, but your posts don’t convey that; it seems like you just want to have a lucid dream at all. That’s well and good, but if you’ve never had one before, you’ll either have a hard time having one or you’ll have one and not know what you want to do once the initial excitement of becoming lucid dies down. Visualize a scenario in your head.

You’re ______________, going along with the dream, when you either do a reality check and become lucid or you realize that nothing around you is possible. You take a few seconds to ground yourself in the dream, feeling out your dream senses and making sure that initial excitement dies down a bit so that you don’t jump awake. You then _______________.

Fill in those blanks. The first should be a pretty common dream theme that you have (this is where that recall comes into play), and the second should be whatever you want to accomplish in the dream, as detailed as you can get it. If it’s something like flying, think about how you want to get off of the ground, your posture while flying around, and the sensations of flight. If it’s visiting a place, think about how you’ll get there, such as finding it behind a closed door or simply teleporting there, and think about what you’ll do while there. If you want to transform into something else, think about what will induce the change, how changing will feel, how you’ll view the world (from higher up or from closer to the ground, in different colors, etc.), and how your new body will feel once you’re done changing. You should be able to think of details for almost any dream goal. The better you have things planned out and the more you dwell on those plans during the day, the smoother your lucid dreams will go. If they’re not private, describe your goals to us, and we can tell you our experiences with them to give you a better visualization.

If you’re trying WILD again, make sure you’re doing it in the middle of the night, not just as your fall asleep for the first time. When people say they “walk into” the dream, it’s because the image of the dream has formed in their mind and they are clearly “seeing” it, even with their eyes closed. I wish I could address the saliva issue, but the most you can do is not think about it. Don’t actively avoid swallowing, but don’t think about how often you’re doing it.

Best of luck!

Wow! You are a pro at this! :smile:

So, i guess my first goal right now is when i am in LD i wish to be avalible to fly,
so i will try to picture my dream in my head today then. For example i am at a skyscraper
then i jump down and fly “Superman style” (Yes i read the different fly styles :razz: im such a geek).

Tonight i will try WILD again this time focusing on trying to have a scene infront of me.
And if i fail at this i will then try DAILD, hoppfully getting my mom to not wake me up :smile:

Im sorry that i am a bit forward with this, its just that i am a bit excited about
finding this and from the looks of it this seem to be awsome.

Thanks!

Hehe your excitment is key to having a lucid dream aswell! Keep up the good work :razz:

I did it! Oh wow that was sure wierd and fun! I flew around a bit then i
Decided to be a superhero but then i quicly changed and decided to try punch some people ( lol ). Then i got somedisturbance and lost my abilities but managed to get them back, after a while i couldent figure out whatto do, so i decidedto wake up but i couldent so i spent a bit more timearound my apartement, then itried to wake up and managed todo it! :smile:

Great work !

Wow, that was fast! Congratulations!
[size=59]…you’ve made me jealous now.[/size]

It’s nice to know that dream “powers” worked for you on your first try, and that even when they didn’t, you got things working again. It only gets easier as you have more lucid dreams.

This part is why I stressed having a goal so much. It’s absolutely amazing that when presented with infinite possibilities, we can’t decide on something to do. If you hadn’t gone in with your superhero and flying plan, the dream might’ve started at this part, and that’s no fun. :razz: I have the opinion that reality will always be waiting for you, so there’s no need to try to wake up right away.~

So the big question is, what will you do next? :smile:

Hmmm, WILD is rather difficult for sure. Especially for beginners. If you want a higher percent change of succeeding, I would recommend doing my EFT technique or this technique here:

jaredbangerter.hubpages.com/hub/ … ion-How-To

I know it says it’s astral projection, but it works great for lucid dreams. Out of all of my hundreds of lucid dreams, only 4% or 5% have been WILD induced or falling asleep consciously. The bulk have been regaining consciousness once the dream has started.

Don’t make such a big deal out of swallowing, just swallow if you need to.
It’s a much bigger distraction if you force yourself to avoid swallowing instead of just doing it when you feel like it;
if you do this then you will eventually stop swallowing automatically without even thinking about it.

Also only try WILD if you’re really ready for it - WILD is considered a somewhat difficult technique, and is probably not very ideal for beginners in general.
I would recommend you to also try WBTB, since it’s easier to master and a “shortcut” into lucid dreaming since it’s relatively easy and reliable.