LD4all Quest 74: Meet a Fictional Character

Omg, go meet Link :happy:

Hurray! I did it! Although I’m not too sure about the last bit… Last night I became lucid pretty easily, and when I did, I remembered that I had to do something, but I forgot what exactly and I didn’t want to think too much as I feared I would lose lucidity. I did remember soon after, however, that I had to meet a fictional character. So off I went in search of the Warden, the first character that came to my mind >>The Warden<< I eventually came across a lone house, and standing in front of it was… someone. I couldn’t really tell who it was. I kinda wanted it to be him, and I could see some of his features forming on the man, but I told myself I wanted to see him behind the house’s front door, so I just passed by him and proceeded to knock on the door. The man came up behind me and told me he wasn’t home, but right behind me. I turned around to see it really was the Warden standing there. I was kind of disappointed that he wasn’t behind the door like I wanted, but I just told myself that at least he was here.

I really don’t remember much about what happened next, except that we both went to visit the warden from Ultraprison (the Warden’s rival in the show) to try and get back on good terms with her. And for some reason, she was wearing an old french-style gown with the fan and the hat and the everything. Not too sure where exactly she was going… :meh:

I’m not sure if I should consider this as a “completion” of the quest. I mean sure, I became lucid and met a fictional character (4 out of the 5 ways which were suggested we could meet them, even), but I’m not certain by the fact that I couldn’t clearly remember the time I spent with him.

So I’ll try again, but if I can’t do it by the end of the month, I’ll very well consider this as a victory :smile:

Definitely!! I wanted to meet him last night, but I thought of the Warden first, so meh :meh: But I’ll definitely try to meet link this time around! :happy:

I didn’t know about this quest yet, but i had completed just a few days ago. My favorite show has become Doctor Who. Mainly the newer series and especially the Tenth Doctor.

I fell asleep to a few episodes, I find if i do that it makes it a lot easier with the outside stimulus. Sure enough I had a Dream that I had something to do with Torchwood an Captain Jack was coming out of some sort of stasis. Then me and Jack went in search of the Doctor, who we found eventually. He was in this really big bookstore or Library not sure which. While there I met Amy Pond and Donna. Amy had just happened to be there and had no clue who the Doctor was yet and Donna was busy following the Doctor through the aisles as he was on some sort of quest. I kept trying to talk to the Doctor but he was very busy with whatever he was looking for so i chatted with Donna a short bit. I finally did track the Doctor down he had stopped a bench with an arm full of envelopes, cards a pen and a bunch of different coins that looked to be from different eras. I never got a chance to ask him what he was doing because I began to focus too much, but I did get to tell him how much i appreciated his Character before i awoke.

Then the next day I had a dream in which I became lucid and once i did I knew i wanted to see the Doctor. So I called him allowed in the dream mutiple times thinking it while saying it. As if on que i heard the sound of the Tardis and it appeared out of nothing and the Doctor showed himself. The dream became very unstable very quick though cause i pushed it to hard and thought too much. However, there is something to be said for just getting to see and hear the Tardis appear. :smile:

I will try this, I want to meet Tyrion Lannister from A Song of Ice and Fire. :smile:

…Hmmm hang with the flock of Maximum Ride or fight off hollows with random Bleach characters…or have it all come together then watch a Victorious rehersal or WWE match and chill afterwards. :content:

Does this “fictional” character have to be from a figment of your imagination? Do actors/celebs in a movie count? I want to take part in this quest. :smile:

A character in a movie would count since siiw mentioned it at the top of the post.

Oops. Guess I missed that part. Thanks. :smile: Now I just have to actually do it. :help: :grin:

Last night I had a LD and decided to meet Maggie Evans from Dark Shadows. I consider it a success! I learned she is quite compassionate about animals, at least, my SC made her that way. :lol:

I think I’ll try this :tongue:

ok i tryin this, i hope the DC isnt mean!

Hi, just incase I get lucid, sounds like a cool quest, I’d want to meet Ged from the Earthsea trilogy :content: .
Just to clear up one of the tasks:
Interact with the character and get an impression that isn’t in the original story/film/game.

What would this be, information that could have been left out? a certain point of view?

Thanks in advance :smile: .

I completed it. The link is here. I met Menolly from the Pern books, and found out that she was still scarred from her childhood at 20 (in the books, it doesn’t seem to affect her much once she’s adjusted to life as a harper, but there aren’t any books from her point of view after she’s 15).

Had a run in with Freddy Kruger that was somehow entertaining. This event caught me off gaurd. It started out with me practicing a wind or teleknetic flight to get to this tower, to all of a sudden standing with a small group of maybe 4 people in front of Freddy. Judging by his expression he had some sort of game in store for us :sly: . I glanced left and right at the group of people next to me who had their eyes fixed on Freddy determined and ready for what was coming. I soon fixed my eyes upon Freddy as well. He then tipped his hat, still not saying a word. I nodded and translated his thoughts to the group( :om: I use telekinetic abilities in LD’s for those who didnt know)," The rules are simple…Survive." …He wanted to test our skill more than he wanted to kill us…odd :eh:

Oak, it is simply something that you didn’t know about the character from before :cool: Something they didn’t tell in the original story.

Ah righto, sounds like an excuse to reread the books :tongue: , its been a while so I cant remember it all very well.

I wish I could do this quest , but I am still a rookie.I had only one LD this far and I wasn’t able to stay in that dream.If one day I improve myself , Quorra from the Tron Legacy will be the first and only fictional character I meet.I will make her my friend.And I will talk with her share my stories in every LD.At least this is my top objective.

Sounds exciting but February is gone now. Nuuuu D:
When’s March’s quest going to be up? I’ll still try and go for this one…

March quest coming soon, as well as wings. Sorry for the delay
As long as it isn’t up you can still earn wings by completing this one.

It has been a long time since I could reward so many people with wings for a Quest. Well done everyone!

[center]

Congratulations

Wings (How appropriate :content: )
BlackKettle
Kyoshiken
elnaureth
Koharo

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

Well done, MagykKatte for completing the Quest, extra cookies and invisible wings added!

:boogie: :boogie:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time! :smile:
[/center]

This Quest is now officially over. You are ofcourse free to still do this Quest at your leisure, and post in this topic about your results, but you can’t earn wings anymore by completing it.

Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest! :smile: