How did your dream guide become a DG?

I was talking with a friend in a chat, and we got on the topic of DG. This brought up the question of “How did your DG become a DG?”

I met my DG back in 2007. I was meditating, and I met her when she was running away from her brother (see CALD and mindscapes). She was a bit wild then, and her brother would try to sedate her to keep her from going crazy and attacking everything. I offered her a place to hide from her brother, and we got to know each other. We had different personalities, but I felt a connection with her, and we got along.

About a year later, she told me that “If you ever need any help, you should come ask me before you ask anyone else.” I mostly forgot about it, until late 2010, when I finally decided to spend time with her again and ask her for help with some stuff that was going on. She was glad to help me out, and she stuck around with me afterwards. It wasn’t until December when I realized that she had become my DG. I asked her about it, and she said she was. I had spoken with her grandmother, and she said that this was the first time she had tried to guide anyone, so that’s how she became a DG.

So, that said, how did your DG become a DG?

Wow I find this interesting… You know I may have a dreamguide myself but I haven’t really attempted communication yet.

The first time I heard the voice was when I suffered nightly nightmares from when I was 5 to 15-16 years old (the nightmares suddenly stopped). The idea was that in each nightmare I would eventually meet up with the wildcat (a black evil cat that wanted to eat me). I would only awaken if I either was torn apart by the cat which was extremely painful or I jumped off my balcony.

I always had a “oh no I am having a nightmare I gotta go jump off my balcony now to wake up before I am attacked” moment once I realized I was dreaming. I usually jump of the balcony and can barely breath while falling and then just before I hit the ground my body jolts and I landed in bed with extreme force and was awake. Whether I was actually lucid in these dreams under my definition (I am researching simulated lucidity) I definitely had a goal to jump off my balcony as I knew I had to wakeup.

One time in these dreams I got out of the bath and realized I was in a nightmare after logical thinking of the events of my strange day. I was really frightened yet I seemed to know that if I lay in my own bed I could reconnect with my body and awaken. I quickly yet slowly stumbled down the hallway and heard an echoey voice coming from everywhere are once practically narrating my dream. Almost like my dreams were stories that people listened to and I had tapped in to the narrator somehow.

The words this narrator used were extremely advanced for me as a 7 year old and I barely understood what word were being used. It sounded something like this. “Philip cautiously stumbled though his dangerous hallway, internally screaming in fear as he palpated every dark colored object begging endlessly that it wasn’t the wildcat”. Once I got back to my bed I jumped in and jolted in my body. I awoke in the same position I landed in my bed within the dream.

I never heard that voice ever again until 10 years later when I began practicing lucid dreaming/astral projection. I began attempting a wild by entering a dream consciously. I was successful and amazingly it was because of a voice telling me what to do in each and every step. I simply followed the guidance of the voice which positively got me into a full dream engadging all my senses. This voice sounded exactly like the narrator I heard in a dream 10 years earlier however I didn’t realize this at the time because I was to excited to perform my plan of action I had made to perform in my next dream.

You can check out my whole successful wild in a link I’ll post below. What is this voice do you think… A dream guide maybe?

Just note that when I explain myself entering the dreamworld I use the words “entering the phase”. “phase” means concious dream in the community I come from. Here’s my experience with a “dream guide” tell me what you think:
forum.obe4u.com/index.php?topic= … 86#msg4386

Im not sure Ive found my dream guide. When I was younger I think I might of had one. It wasnt a voice, a person, or an animal though…it was three orbs that followed me around. I always had a sense of comfort when it was around and I could always tell that I was dreaming when I saw it.
Do you think it was a dream guide?

Hey this is belgarion…i screwed up my other account. So…now this is me :happy: