I Need Inspiration

About a year or two ago, I used to be a dedicated lucid dreamer. I had at least 1 lucid dream a week, and more often than not I had them about every second day. I could fill up to 5 pages in my dream journal every morning, I did constant WBTB, and I even attempted some WILD’s (though most attempts were not successful). I could prolong LD’s for up to 20 minutes. Honestly, it was amazing.

Then, for some reason, I lost inspiration. I don’t know what happened. I stopped writing in my dream journal, I stopped doing RC’s, and I stopped having LD’s. I still get them about once every 2 months, but they’re rare and only last a minute at most. I really want to get back into it. How should I go about doing this? Also, more importantly, how can I find the inspiration? I’ve been wanting to do it for some time now, but every time I try I end up losing interest after a few days. What can I do?

I’m having this problem right now. I still haven’t had a lucid dream, and despite writing in my DJ for a record amount of consecutive days, I still find it a bit of a chore. The reason I’m still doing it right now is because I refuse to give up until I have one. Try to find someone to do it with you; that’s the best motivation you can have for this, in my opinion.

Or, since you’ve already had quite a number of LD’s, think of something that you really want to do. If you’ve already done your fair share of adventuring, this could be something like finding some hidden talent, or finding a way to communicate with your SC during waking life.

As for the dream journal, it has helped me somewhat to write in prose, since it’s more interesting, and to only record main plot points in the physical journal (writing the full dreams on the computer). I’ve also decided (today) to write the one or two dreams that I found most interesting from the night before in full detail and to summarise the others to avoid boredom.

Hope this helped :smile:

EDIT: Also, sign up for the Lucid Challenge in the Lucid Adventures forum. I just did that, and I feel more motivated already.

I second this! It’s going to start tomorrow, and I have some tasks planned that I hope will be lots of fun.

Last week I made this topic. From your story you’re far more experienced lucid dreamer them me but still my question is: do you enjoy your NLD too? I mean do you get the same satisfaction as from LD or at least some kind of satisfaction?!

My point is when you stop enjoy your dreams in general you lost motivation, no matter if those dreams are lucid or not, dream is a dream…

Actually, I do love my NLD’s. They’re all so interesting and amazing. :smile: My problem is that I find it hard to find the motivation to write them down in the morning in a DJ, or to get back into WBTB, or even to start doing more frequent RC’s. And while I do love NLD’s, they don’t give me the same kind of great feeling that LD’s do. I find that after a LD, I wake up energetic and optimistic, and I have this lingering happy feeling throughout the day. LD’s just make me feel good. :smile: Regardless, though, while I still like LD’s better, I do love ND. Thanks for the reply, though. :happy:

That’s nice to hear. I don’t know what kind of life situation you have, if you have a job then I can’t tell much about how to combine those 2 things because I don’t have a job yet but if you a student then this shouldn’t be too hard, I mean I know that I have time for something that awesome but with a job and family there is a less time but I hope you continue with lucid dreaming and I hope I won’t stop when I get a job and when I’ll have a family!

Good luck though! :content: