the BIG riddle topic [part VII]

uhh he was blind he saw no apples.

two wrong answers so far

:cool: :grin:

ok got it, shall I ruin it for everybody?

ok here goes. The riddle uses plurals, the guy only has one eyes, so he doesn’t have eyes. He sees a treee with two plums, and he takes one, so he doesn’t take plums. He leaves one on the tree, so he doesn’t leave plums

ok a relatively easy one.

The man who invented it didn’t want it, the man who buys it doesn’t need it, and the man who needs it doesn’t know it. What is it?

Coffin :content:

I don’t know if I’ve already posted this but I’ll do it just in case. It’s relativly easy :smile:

My first is formost legally
My second circles outwardly
My third leads all in victory
My forth is twice ends a nominee
My answer is life’s only key

everything you said was correct…except where the hell did the ‘plums’ come from???
he saw apples not plums, what were…loses intrest

the answer to charlotte’s riddle is love
(however, i dont agree with what the last line implies)

my next riddle is as follows:

a horse is tied to a 15 feet rope and there is a bail of hay 25 feet away from him, yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay.

How is this possible :confused:

everything you said was correct…except where the hell did the ‘plums’ come from???
he saw apples not plums, what were…loses intrest

the answer to charlotte’s riddle is love
(however, i dont agree with what the last line implies)

my next riddle is as follows:

a horse is tied to a 15 feet rope and there is a bail of hay 25 feet away from him, yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay.

How is this possible :confused:

so sorry about that double post :grin:

The rope is tied to the tail of the horse.

not really…kinda sorta…but not really
…the rope isnt tied to anything… :grin: close enough

next:
not really a riddle, just seeing how observant your are:

What is unusual about the following paragraph, nothing is ‘wrong’ with it, but it is unusual.
i doubt that anyone will get it :content:

"Gatsby was walking back from a visit down in Branton Hill’s manufacturing district on a Saturday night. A busy day’s traffic had had its noisy run; and with not many folks in sight, His Honor got along without having to stop to grasp a hand, or talk; for a mayor out of City Hall is a shining mark for any politician. And so, coming to Broadway, a booming bass drum and sounds of singing, told of a small Salvation Army unit carrying on amidst Broadway’s night shopping crowds. Gadsby, walking towards that group, saw a youg girl, back toward him, just finishing a long, soulful oration …

dunno about that one! Oh and, I knew the riddle with the apples cos I was told it with plums and I forgot…sorry.

Um…ok…I have no idea on this one!

There are no E’s in it! :eek:

Some might remember these kind of riddles :smile:

Two local Berkeley professors bump into each other on Telegraph Ave. They haven’t seen each other since Vietnam.

Prof 1: hey! how have you been?
Prof 2: great! i got married and i have three daughters now
Prof 1: really? how old are they?
Prof 2: well, the product of their ages is 72, and the sum of their ages is the same as the number on that building over there…
Prof 1: right, ok … oh wait … hmm, i still don’t know
Prof 2: oh sorry, the oldest one just started to play the piano
Prof 1: wonderful! my oldest is the same age!

How old are the daughters?

Heh, strange thread for my first post, but I just had to try and answer the question.

I would say they are 2, 4 and 9, and the number on the building is 15, too. :wink:

It was confusing at first, it makes it sound like it has something to do with playing the piano. Assuming that the number on the building is an integer, then 2, 4 and 9 is one of the combinations which make up 72, They could be 18, 4 and 1, but that just doesn’t sound likely, or they could be 18 and twins of 2 … maybe the vietnam war was close when this was made up. Or maybe there aren’t 22 numbers on Telegraph Ave. I wouldn’t know :smile:

Nope they’re not 2, 4, 9 :smile:

But you’re looking in the right direction.

I just wrote down every combination. In the end, there are 2 sets of ages which add up to the same thing:

If the oldest one started playing the piano, then it cant be 2,6,6 because there are 2 “oldest ones”.

Therefore, the answer is 3, 3, and 8.

Congrats m2k961 :happy:

… you have far too much time on your hands.

I don’t have any riddles at the moment. I’ll come back when I get a good one.

[b][color=indigo]I don’t like really hard riddles, and I don’t like mathematical riddles, as I have no brain to solve them with…I’ll give you one that’s just so easy, to fill in time till someone with a braincell handy brings a good onee lol

It’s more powerful than God.
It’s more evil than the devil.
The poor have it.
The rich need it.
If you eat it, you’ll die.
What am I?[/color][/b]