How to remember to keep a dream journal?

First of all, I am not a morning person. At all. So taking even an extra ten minutes to write down my dreams can be super hard for me. I try to remind myself to at night and as I’m falling asleep, but once I wake up and realize I have to get up soon, I just forget about the DJ and focus on trying to get in a few more minutes of sleep. I get so mad at myself afterwards for not writing down the dream, but at that moment I’m just so tired.

The funny thing is, though, I can be perfectly up and aware during WBTB. And I always get 8-9 hours of sleep. I’m just not a morning person. So how can I remind and motivate myself to keep a consistent dream journal?

You could try to use two versions of your DJ. One thing I did since I also don’t wake up well was scribbling down a few keywords from the dreams I remembered (often times I didn’t even open my eyes) to remind me later on. Then, when I had time later, I’d go back and write out the full dream. Several people have tried this and it does help, at least more than doing nothing at all.

I’m now recording voice memos on my phone with as much of the key info as possible, and then returning later to complete it.

Hi, I’m not a morning person too, but I resolved that writing in DJ is something I MUST do. When I wake up, I often scramble just notes and later on I write the whole dream, if I’m awake enough I write it all the way. But I keep it besides my bed and I don’t get out bed to write my dreams down.

For remembering to write in your DJ: just put it on the corner of your bed so when you wake up in the morning you feel/see it. You could try putting it under your pillow although that may be comfortable. If placing your journal on or around your bed doesn’t work, placing it in the bathroom or in other spots around the house where you know you will run into it during your morning routine will be almost sure to work. This is all of course if you have any time to write in it. The only motivation I have for you is that having a DJ with daily entries is an enormous enormous help on your path to experiencing frequent LDs. I would say a DJ is necessary for every LD chaser unless one is a freak at dream recall.