How did YOU learn to LD? - Part II

As far as I know, ive always been a lucid dreamer. It wasnt untill last year that I actually realized what I was doing so I decided to do some research on it. Now I lucid dream whenever possible.

I saw on the Internet by accident and I wondered.Then I had research about it , looked for websites etc. I learned it.But had only one :smile:

He he… When I was a child, I was there, fazed in a dream… A big giant red “hit me”-like dreamsign came out of the blue. “This is a dream!” I told myself in excitement. The dream characters looked at me with faces like they are so confused. I didn’t care about them that time. Some even asked me “If this is a dream, can you fly?” I took that as a challenge.

Wings materialized (I was a child! Vivid imagination was my middle name) as if out of my very will. I flew, breaking the 10-foot ceiling as I escaped. I flew all the way to the place I always wanted to go in my dreams… Mars…

I had very little idea what Mars actually was that moment. I just heard its a red planet near Earth that no one visited. So I went to it. Of course, I believed in aliens back then, so they were there. Little green men. I also noticed I didn’t run out of air cause it was a dream!

Anyway, point is, got interested, went to the library, used the card catalog, made a side trip about what running sentences was, and saw the book about lucid dreaming. I KNEW about lucid dreaming at the time, my dad had 2 of those… He told me its name before that incident, and I always thought that LDs were made by chance.

TL;DR: When I was a child.

I had been reading about astral travelling and was practicing a technique from the book, similar to MILD, and found myself at a friend’s door and spontaneously became lucid. I became so excited that I woke immediately so the whole thing lasted about 5 seconds! But the experience blew me away - awake in my own mind! That was 35 years ago and I have been studying and playing with LD ever since :smile:

I am learning from this site. it is very helpful. a few of my friends have thrown in suggestions. I have been doing reality checks, writing in a dream journal, and mainly reading through this site. All of you have been a great help and thanks.

Hey guys! :smile:

Im trying lucid dream for 1,5 week now and i was curious to know how did you, dreamers, started LD… Which technique did you use? when did you saw your first ld, and when did you finally could see LD every time you wanted to see…

If a topic like this exist, im sorry! :razz:
(bad english, sorry :tongue: )

The only thing i could say about my LD practise, is that i had once a lucid dream for 30-45 seconds, where i was trying to fly but i could just go very slow and i flew about 20 meters high… low lucidity i guess

The first time I heard about Lucid Dreaming was not a long time ago. My sister came home and she told me that a friend of her was trying to be aware that he’s dreaming.
I was very interested and I started to Google it. Then I found out it is called Lucid Dreaming. Just a few days later I found this site, and it helped me a lot :smile:

I think it was a little over a year ago now, and I was on stumbleupon. I’m Buddhist, and how I learn about the stories of Buddha is I stumble about it. (I know, traditional right? :tongue: ) Now this brought be to the wikipedia page about lucid dreams, since the monks where some of the first people to lucid dream. I had already known about that, and not known what lucid dreams where, but my curiosity never sparked until this page was right in my face. I was immediately wanting to try, and a google search later I had small black dots from a sharpie on my hands, and asked myself if I was dreaming every time I saw them. My first lucid dream was two nights later, and I was soon keeping a dream journal. It was only a few weeks ago that a friend showed me this website, and now here we are. :content:

I was always interested in the mind and how dreams work. Then one day just casually researching about dreams and their meanings I came across an article about people controlling their dreams. So obviously, I thought to myself “wow that would be so fun!” and through further research that’s how I came across lucid dreaming. Short and sweet huh.

I learned to lucid dream by doing a series of reality checks every day whenever something out of the ordinary happened. I wanted to lucid dream because I didn’t want to be limited to reality. I wanted to push the boundries. For some reason I really don’t need to do lucid affirmations, I just do a reality check, and I’m lucid.

I remember I knew what lucid dreaming was for a while, but was never really interested in it. I have a decent level awareness so I was very prone to lucid dreams caused by DILD… After 3-5 lucid dreams or so within the course of a few months because of DILD I thought about how cool it was that I was able to control everything in my dreams, and kinda escape reality. So it was then I decided to get into lucid dreaming, and actually using proper techniques and having them more frequently. So basically you can say I got into LDing by LDing. :content:

I began my lucid journey after defeating a small recurring nightmare I’d had when I was younger, and also probably the movie Waking Life.

Just try and try and hope that I can by sucessful. practice RC and WILD

A good friend of mine told me he wanted to try LDing and so I thought I’d give it a go. Three weeks later I had my first LD but to answer the question I learned almost all of my LDing techniques from this website and other similar ones. The internet is a crazy place… You can learn the strangest things. I’m sure glad I found out about this though!

First i read a book about it. That same day me and a girl imagined a world together where we would live.

It was an amazing place ( island ). And it came true in my dream, i was so excited i woke up instantly :tongue: Shame…

I had my first lucid dream when I was trying to improve my dream recall by keeping dream journal and chanting ‘I will remember my dreams’ in my head. I guess I accidentally did a MILD because I had a lucid dream that night :content: .

I’ve been intrigued by lucid dreaming since early 2012, and I did the odd reality check and kept a dream journal in the early months of the year. In April I had a moment of lucidity for the first time. It wasn’t until June that I really got into it. I learnt huge amounts about it and read widely, and I had my first proper lucid dream on the night of the 18th of June, having started committing properly to my dream journaling and induction techniques.

Surprisingly for me, my first LD was technically a WILD, although it just involved me finding myself in SP somehow and managing to make a successful transition. MILD has not really worked for me. As such, most of my lucid dreams have either been the sort of WILD I just described or a DILD thanks to awareness and RCing during the day. SSILD seems to have worked on two occasions for me (and I’ve only done it 5-6 times) but I do not know if it was just a coincidence.

All in all I’ve gotten lucid 11 times and had 8 proper lucid dreams since really starting to work on it at the beginning of June. I consider it excellent progress and am very happy with how it’s going. :smile:

EDIT: p.s. If anyone wonders how I’ve had so much success in a short period of time (and my LD rate is increasing), it’s simply the amount of time I’ve put into reading about LDing and thinking about it. Oh and motivation.

I attribute my first lucid dream to dream themes.
All I did was read through this sites common “Recurring dreamthemes” found here. And then I read through my dream journal and made conscious note of my recurring dreamthemes (in the case of my first lucid dream, being at school was my most redcurrant dream theme).

Voilà! My first lucid dream at my highschool. I just became aware, no reality checks.

I had nightmares when I was a bit younger, I think I learned it there
now, I wake up sometimes but instead of getting out of my bed I fall asleep again, so I can dream freely :smile:
just today I hade a crazy dream, and so I found this site

srry for bad English :smile:

I learned from my blood brother, the term lucid dreaming from my best friend, and ways to amplify success and many other things from LD4all.