Performed an RC in dream but it failed?

So i was going through my DJ today and thought I should share this one experience I had.

I was having a ND and was waking up and realized it was pretty sunny in my room, I was supposed to be awake around 7 (Which is generally dark then), and I think the clock read noon. So I proceeded to the hallway and there was sunlight there too! So I attempted to do the RC where I try to put my finger through the palm of my other hand, it failed. Then I held my noise, and realized I was still breathing! In my dream char I was like “Holy crap Im dreaming, Im dreaming!!”.
Then the sunlight in the hallway got a little brighter, the glare of it appeared with colors in it. (Like in video games where you look at the sun and you get the glare with the circles and colors) The dream did not get any more vivid though tho, and still had that dream haze I always get.
BAM things went dark and I was in my bed awake. Performed the pinch my hand RC, only felt pain. And I opened my eyes and realized I still had crap ass vision(In dreams i have 20/20 vision).

So yea… Just wanted to share this, I’ve sort of lost all hope in DILD, even though I never practise it, and thought WILD is the only way to go.

And I thought of a new personal RC for me. If Im blind its reality, if not it’s a dream :happy:

Although the laws of the dream realm don’t mirror those of waking life, I find it funny that you’re vision is perfect in your dreams. It makes me wonder if there have ever been blind people with LDs…
As for the failed RCs, I’ve had a few of those recently. My RC is to look at my hands. In the most recent failure, I realized I was dreaming but as I looked at my hands, I didn’t see the details and vividness jump out of me as they usually do. If anything, my hands appeared gray and decrepit. Don’t be discouraged that you didn’t exactly hit the “switch” though, if anything give yourself credit for at least realizing you were dreaming.

I think I read something about blind people having LDs, not sure.
Haha thanks. I’m slowly making progress atleast. Back when I was a kid I had a LOT of the moments where I knew I was dreaming, but the “switch” didn’t go on. When I attempt to control it, like say flying, I jump normally on take off. It seems like I’m trying to control a wild dream me. Might try to do something different when I realize it. Maybe do a boatload of RCs till the “switch” turns on

That’s awesome. My first encounter with this kind of thing was in a dream when I was younger. I found myself in my room with my cousin who told me “You’re dreaming!” He went on to tell me that if I shut my eyes tightly and open them as wide as I could, I would wake up. After I saw him vanish, I did it myself. It wasn’t until recently that I started consciously experimenting with LDing. Maybe you should imagine a Lucid Button, whenever you see it in your dream, you’ll hit it and everything will become astoundingly vivid and lifelike! Just a thought hahah

This is my technique of becoming lucid, if I realize Im dreaming and do that (especially blink lightly, and focus on blinking,) I am able to control my dream.
It, as a child, was my technique of waking up during a bad dream.

Your RC failed because you did it very routinely. When you do your RC during the day, you always have to question yourself if you’re dreaming. If you don’t and do it as a habit instead, that will pass onto dreams and it will be just that - a habit.

By the way, try rubbing your hands together next time, it always makes me stay in the dream.

Funny how I’m always capable of giving tips to others but not myself. Now that I realize it yes I did do it routinely, it had no meaning. Hopefully next time I can remember that. But for now Im just trying to get the most out of my NDs from that beginners thread. Then maybe try SILD after a while.