Senses Initiated Lucid Dream (SSILD) Part II

It is quite normal for thoughts to drift off in the first cycle. For some people it is better to let it drift and event directly drifting to sleep. For some it might work better to keep pulling it back although it indeed might cause loss of sleep. I suggest you experiment with either ways to find the most optimal approach.

Are you too sleepy when you attempted this? Hard to tell because some people seem to drift immediately even after staying awake for a long time! In general though it is better to have sufficient sleep prior to doing the exercise. Whe you get out of the bed you shouldn’t fee too drawsy. That way you can comfortablly stay awake for at least 5 to 10 minutes then go back to bed to do the exercise.

Hi cosmic.iron, I really want to give it a try, since regular methods are just too complex for me to pratice. I think it’s a efficent way and simple to get that point. From your posted i learned that you are a very diligent man to collect information on LD. I also like to ask you what website of you said about that China forum, since iam chinese i can get some knowledge from there. thang you for your working.

The web site is Baidu Tieba. Once you are there search for "宇宙之铁"(yuzhouzhitie).

The Baidu platform is a horribly simple BBS with poor structures and very lame search facility. As such it was very difficult to collect data. In fact when we tried to collect results for the past 6-7 months we realize that a couple of months worth of data are missing from the search result. Despite that, we managed to collect more than two hundred first-time success stories. The total number of success stories are well in the thousands. I hope to see you on our forum.

I usually attempt this when I’ve waken up in the middle of the night - during a WBTB. Okay, so I guess I’ll try staying awake a little longer before I attempt this next time. I did that one time and I ended up being in and out of sleep (or so I thought) for the last 2 hours before I had to wake up. I’ll just try experimenting though. Thank you!

Last night I gave it a try. Maybe because i am too excited about this method that i have insomnia last night and hard to fall sleep. Although at 7am I try the three 3steps and it turned out that after done the steps I can’t sleep either. I had some ear ring sound some time and from BaiduTieba I know it’s good chance to be out of body. Thank for you telling me the Chinese forum. It has numerous resoures of OBB and Ld method and experiences. I am going to take more pratices on SSILD before I futher read infromation on the forum.

Hmm ok, so you dont need to pause? But how do you start the next 15-20 seconds then? Just immediatley after them? (So in fact you are doing those steps for like a minut or 2)? And how do you know you must fell asleep? Because at one point you say you have to pull your mind back and at the other step you say you have to fell in sleep as fast as possible?

(Again sorry for my worse english).

Another question.

Do you have to do those steps at the same time of after each other?

[mod]Double post edited together. And don’t worry, most people here don’t have english as their first language. :wink: [/mod]

Something funny happened last night :smile: Earlier during the day I tried to take a nap after doing some 5-6 SSILD cycles but could not fall asleep. Then in the evening when I was getting ready to go to sleep I decided to try SSILD again with WBTB and put my iPhone’s alarm clock to wake me up at 4am.

I woke up as the alarm went off and grabbed my iPhone in order to silence the alarm. However, the phone stopped ringing before I even touched it and the screen went black. I tried to restart the phone with no success. I stood up and my girl friend woke up as well. At that moment I realized that something was not right and did a nose RC and could breath! I became fully lucid but it lasted only for 1-2 minutes as I got too excited and woke up. So it was a very realistic FA!

My question: is it possible that the cycles I did during day had something to do with the last night’s false awakening?

I found it pretty funny that the pure intention of using SSILD helped me to become lucid, even before I had the opportunity to do the cycles :smile: :smile:

That indeed is a funny experience. I wouldn’t say the experience is resulted from earlier attempt of SSILD… it can’t be that powerful can it? LOL. However, it is faily common to experience this kind of hyper realistic false awakenings after doing SSILD. You are right about intentions – they are indeed very powerful. In fact, SSILD itself is a way to set up intentions. Words/mantras are not particularly effective at communicating intentions with our subconscious, but the SSILD exercise seems pretty good at that.

Can you answer my questions? :razz:

Sorry if I am a little impatient, but im very curious and want to try this technique!

Just do one after another, without a pause. Make sure you don’t do it too fast. You want to allow your mind to wander to the point you occassionally forget to do the exercise.

You can allow the steps to overlap.

Well out of strange circumstances I ended up trying this. I woke up after a pretty poor night’s sleep at 7 AM, got ready had breakfast, went to the gym to find out it’s closed :grrr: , so I come all the way home pretty tired and just went into bed.
I remember reading this thread the other day so I decided to try focusing my hearing and touch, i forgot about vision. I did this about twice and then stopped.
I then must have fell asleep cause I was then in a bath naked playing a online game with a friend. After a while I just became lucid out of the blue, though it only lasted for me to get out of the bath and walk downstairs until I woke up.

Now I’m not sure if your technique was responsible since I only did it half heartedly and partly correct, though it seems to have helped :smile:

Okay, I tryed last night. No result. I did the WBTB technique etc, (after 4/5 hours sleep) I get up and watched some motivation scene’s from inception (stayed awake for 30 minuts), then I did go in bed and tryed the steps 4/5 times. But with no result. And it took a while before I get to sleep. So do you have tips?
Another question is; When do you have to go to sleep? When you did it 4/5 times? Or when you get sleepy? Or do you just have to wait when you fall asleep?

Doing it half heatedly is actually the correct way to do it! The out-of-blue-becoming-lucid is a very typical result associated with SSILD.

How long did it take you to finish the cycles? Did your mind wander while doing the exercise? Did you occasionally forget about doing the exercise? If you did not experience any of these then you may be doing it too quickly, too systematically. If that’s the case you want to slow down, do not count the time, and let your thoughts drift.

Thanks for the answer and yes my mind did wander a couple of times.

I still don’t understand when I must sleep :razz:. Or do I just have to repeat the steps untill I fall in sleep? Of just sleep after 4/5 times? And isn’t it a problem to stay awake for like 30 minuts, because with the WBTB technique they recommended that.

And what do you mean exactly with let your thoughts drift?

Edit; So I tryed it last night again. I waked up after 5.5 hourss sleep (6 o’clock), I writed my dream down and then I had to go to the toilet. So after ten minuts, I was back in my bed again and followed the steps. I wasn’t very comfortable, I think because I was to awake. An hour later I finally get to sleep, but as you may understand my focus was gone. I just wanted to get to sleep.

Must I wake up earlier? Or dont go out of bed? Ist very annoying when you cant sleep.

Question for those who are fairly experience lucid dreamers. How does the quality of lucid dreams fare using SILD? Comparing it to being lucid from other techniques, does it create more vivid LDs? Shorter LDs? Longer LDs? More frequent FAs?

As far as I can tell, there is no difference between SSILD and other techniques in the quality of LDs they produce.

Sounds interesting I think I’ll give it a go tonight :smile:

Edit:

Success! My first proper LD! It happened in strange circumstances though :tongue: managed to get through about five cycles and then my alarm went off. (I’d managed to use the MILD technique to wake myself up for WBTB and forgot I’d set an alarm as well :wink: ) anyway I was annoyed cause I thought I’d stuffed up the whole process, so I just decided to try WIlD but that I don’t think it worked because my LD was a DILD. Another thing was that I had an FA right after it faded, but that was still a cool experience for me :tongue:

Anyway, awesome technique! I can’t believe it worked first time for me :woo:

Here’s my recount of my dream if you’re interested: https://community.ld4all.com/t/the-big-my-first-ld-collection-part-vi/36837/8

Congrat! The FA is an indication that SSILD somehow kicked in even after the interruption as FAs are frequent side effects associated with the technique. No matter how real it may feel I suggest doing a RC as soon as you wake up after the exercise.

I usually do a reality check when I wake up I was just excited that I had my first proper LD :tongue:

Am looking forward to trying this technique again tonight!