EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Senses Initiated Lucid Dream (SSILD) Part II

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Author  Message 
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
48
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Thu 05 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

pnl wrote:
http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44453 here is my try to SSILD

Replied to your post smile
lago wrote:
Had 2 LDs last night...

Your welcome. smile Please take a look at the replies I gave to pnl as that might help you as well.
apolo wrote:

After 15-20 seconds of trying, how long must you pause or something and go on with the other try's?

No need to pause and you should never count the time. The 15-20 seconds is just a hint. Just do this technique in a relaxed and lazy manner. In fact, you want to lose count!

(Sorry for bad english).


back to top
Hoodswigler
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 52
Joined: 03 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 Jan 2014
LD count: 18
 
PostPosted: Thu 05 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

I have some questions. Is it normal for your thoughts to drift off while doing the cycles? Every single time I try this my thoughts almost immediately drift off and I have to pull my focus back in order to keep going. Then I feel like it keeps me awake. Should I keep pulling my focus back long enough to do like 5 cycles? Should I let my mind drift off even if I didn't finish the first cycle? Am I too sleepy when I attempt this? I need help please!


Current LD goal(s): Asking a DC to take me to whoever is in charge.
back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
48
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Thu 05 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Hoodswigler wrote:
I have some questions. Is it normal for your thoughts to drift off while doing the cycles? Every single time I try this my thoughts almost immediately drift off and I have to pull my focus back in order to keep going. Then I feel like it keeps me awake. Should I keep pulling my focus back long enough to do like 5 cycles? Should I let my mind drift off even if I didn't finish the first cycle? Am I too sleepy when I attempt this? I need help please!

It is quite normal for thoughts to drift off in the first cycle. For some people it is better to let it drift and event directly drifting to sleep. For some it might work better to keep pulling it back although it indeed might cause loss of sleep. I suggest you experiment with either ways to find the most optimal approach.

Are you too sleepy when you attempted this? Hard to tell because some people seem to drift immediately even after staying awake for a long time! In general though it is better to have sufficient sleep prior to doing the exercise. Whe you get out of the bed you shouldn't fee too drawsy. That way you can comfortablly stay awake for at least 5 to 10 minutes then go back to bed to do the exercise.


back to top
wjxshow
New member
New member
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Last Visit: 05 Apr 2012
 
PostPosted: Thu 05 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Hi cosmic.iron, I really want to give it a try, since regular methods are just too complex for me to pratice. I think it's a efficent way and simple to get that point. From your posted i learned that you are a very diligent man to collect information on LD. I also like to ask you what website of you said about that China forum, since iam chinese i can get some knowledge from there. thang you for your working.

back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
48
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Thu 05 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

wjxshow wrote:
Hi cosmic.iron, I really want to give it a try, since regular methods are just too complex for me to pratice. I think it's a efficent way and simple to get that point. From your posted i learned that you are a very diligent man to collect information on LD. I also like to ask you what website of you said about that China forum, since iam chinese i can get some knowledge from there. thang you for your working.

The web site is Baidu Tieba. Once you are there search for "宇宙之铁"(yuzhouzhitie).

The Baidu platform is a horribly simple BBS with poor structures and very lame search facility. As such it was very difficult to collect data. In fact when we tried to collect results for the past 6-7 months we realize that a couple of months worth of data are missing from the search result. Despite that, we managed to collect more than two hundred first-time success stories. The total number of success stories are well in the thousands. I hope to see you on our forum.


back to top
Hoodswigler
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
Posts: 52
Joined: 03 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 25 Jan 2014
LD count: 18
 
PostPosted: Thu 05 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

cosmic.iron wrote:
Are you too sleepy when you attempted this? Hard to tell because some people seem to drift immediately even after staying awake for a long time! In general though it is better to have sufficient sleep prior to doing the exercise. Whe you get out of the bed you shouldn't fee too drawsy. That way you can comfortablly stay awake for at least 5 to 10 minutes then go back to bed to do the exercise.


I usually attempt this when I've waken up in the middle of the night - during a WBTB. Okay, so I guess I'll try staying awake a little longer before I attempt this next time. I did that one time and I ended up being in and out of sleep (or so I thought) for the last 2 hours before I had to wake up. I'll just try experimenting though. Thank you!



Current LD goal(s): Asking a DC to take me to whoever is in charge.
back to top
wjxshow
New member
New member
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Last Visit: 05 Apr 2012
 
PostPosted: Fri 06 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Last night I gave it a try. Maybe because i am too excited about this method that i have insomnia last night and hard to fall sleep. Although at 7am I try the three 3steps and it turned out that after done the steps I can't sleep either. I had some ear ring sound some time and from BaiduTieba I know it's good chance to be out of body. Thank for you telling me the Chinese forum. It has numerous resoures of OBB and Ld method and experiences. I am going to take more pratices on SSILD before I futher read infromation on the forum.

back to top
Apolo
New member
New member
26
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Last Visit: 10 Apr 2012
LD count: 3
 
PostPosted: Fri 06 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

cosmic.iron wrote:
pnl wrote:
http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=44453 here is my try to SSILD

Replied to your post smile
lago wrote:
Had 2 LDs last night...

Your welcome. smile Please take a look at the replies I gave to pnl as that might help you as well.
apolo wrote:

After 15-20 seconds of trying, how long must you pause or something and go on with the other try's?

No need to pause and you should never count the time. The 15-20 seconds is just a hint. Just do this technique in a relaxed and lazy manner. In fact, you want to lose count!

(Sorry for bad english).


Hmm ok, so you dont need to pause? But how do you start the next 15-20 seconds then? Just immediatley after them? (So in fact you are doing those steps for like a minut or 2)? And how do you know you must fell asleep? Because at one point you say you have to pull your mind back and at the other step you say you have to fell in sleep as fast as possible?

(Again sorry for my worse english).

cosmic.iron wrote:
gemini.moon wrote:
cosmic.iron wrote:
gemini.moon wrote:
I've been trying this a lot lately, and I still have problems because I fall asleep way too quickly. I get up and will be wide awake, but the moment I start the technique I fall asleep within the first few seconds. sadblauw What can I do to fix this?

Are you doing WBTB?


Yes, I do WBTB every night 4-6 hours after I go to sleep. I get up and walk around a bit and then go back to sleep. But I'm a very deep sleeper and can fall asleep in a matter of seconds.

Hmmm, aside from staying awake a bit longer, I think you might need to add more determination into your routines. First, tell yourself you really need to get this to work, then do the modified routines:

1. Observe the darkness behind your closed eyelids with the "intention" to pick up colors, lights, images, or simply areas that's not so dark. If you fail to find anything, don't strain your eye muscle. Next cycle will lead you deeper into the state.

2. Listen to the noise in your head and try to increase its volume.

3. Try to wiggle your fingers and toes without using any muscles.

The normal routines require you to observe the sensations passively, but in your case we need to use a bit more aggression.


Another question.

Do you have to do those steps at the same time of after each other?

<mod>Double post edited together. And don't worry, most people here don't have english as their first language. wink </mod>


back to top
thaifly
New member
New member
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Last Visit: 24 Apr 2012
LD count: 1
 
PostPosted: Sun 08 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Something funny happened last night smile Earlier during the day I tried to take a nap after doing some 5-6 SSILD cycles but could not fall asleep. Then in the evening when I was getting ready to go to sleep I decided to try SSILD again with WBTB and put my iPhone's alarm clock to wake me up at 4am.

I woke up as the alarm went off and grabbed my iPhone in order to silence the alarm. However, the phone stopped ringing before I even touched it and the screen went black. I tried to restart the phone with no success. I stood up and my girl friend woke up as well. At that moment I realized that something was not right and did a nose RC and could breath! I became fully lucid but it lasted only for 1-2 minutes as I got too excited and woke up. So it was a very realistic FA!

My question: is it possible that the cycles I did during day had something to do with the last night's false awakening?

I found it pretty funny that the pure intention of using SSILD helped me to become lucid, even before I had the opportunity to do the cycles smile smile


back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
48
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Sun 08 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

thaifly wrote:
Something funny happened last night smile Earlier during the day I tried to take a nap after doing some 5-6 SSILD cycles but could not fall asleep. Then in the evening when I was getting ready to go to sleep I decided to try SSILD again with WBTB and put my iPhone's alarm clock to wake me up at 4am.

I woke up as the alarm went off and grabbed my iPhone in order to silence the alarm. However, the phone stopped ringing before I even touched it and the screen went black. I tried to restart the phone with no success. I stood up and my girl friend woke up as well. At that moment I realized that something was not right and did a nose RC and could breath! I became fully lucid but it lasted only for 1-2 minutes as I got too excited and woke up. So it was a very realistic FA!

My question: is it possible that the cycles I did during day had something to do with the last night's false awakening?

I found it pretty funny that the pure intention of using SSILD helped me to become lucid, even before I had the opportunity to do the cycles smile smile

That indeed is a funny experience. I wouldn't say the experience is resulted from earlier attempt of SSILD... it can't be that powerful can it? LOL. However, it is faily common to experience this kind of hyper realistic false awakenings after doing SSILD. You are right about intentions -- they are indeed very powerful. In fact, SSILD itself is a way to set up intentions. Words/mantras are not particularly effective at communicating intentions with our subconscious, but the SSILD exercise seems pretty good at that.


back to top
Apolo
New member
New member
26
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Last Visit: 10 Apr 2012
LD count: 3
 
PostPosted: Sun 08 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

cosmic.iron wrote:
thaifly wrote:
Something funny happened last night smile Earlier during the day I tried to take a nap after doing some 5-6 SSILD cycles but could not fall asleep. Then in the evening when I was getting ready to go to sleep I decided to try SSILD again with WBTB and put my iPhone's alarm clock to wake me up at 4am.

I woke up as the alarm went off and grabbed my iPhone in order to silence the alarm. However, the phone stopped ringing before I even touched it and the screen went black. I tried to restart the phone with no success. I stood up and my girl friend woke up as well. At that moment I realized that something was not right and did a nose RC and could breath! I became fully lucid but it lasted only for 1-2 minutes as I got too excited and woke up. So it was a very realistic FA!

My question: is it possible that the cycles I did during day had something to do with the last night's false awakening?

I found it pretty funny that the pure intention of using SSILD helped me to become lucid, even before I had the opportunity to do the cycles smile smile

That indeed is a funny experience. I wouldn't say the experience is resulted from earlier attempt of SSILD... it can't be that powerful can it? LOL. However, it is faily common to experience this kind of hyper realistic false awakenings after doing SSILD. You are right about intentions -- they are indeed very powerful. In fact, SSILD itself is a way to set up intentions. Words/mantras are not particularly effective at communicating intentions with our subconscious, but the SSILD exercise seems pretty good at that.


Can you answer my questions? tounge2

Sorry if I am a little impatient, but im very curious and want to try this technique!


back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
48
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Mon 09 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Apolo wrote:
Hmm ok, so you dont need to pause? But how do you start the next 15-20 seconds then? Just immediatley after them? (So in fact you are doing those steps for like a minut or 2)? And how do you know you must fell asleep? Because at one point you say you have to pull your mind back and at the other step you say you have to fell in sleep as fast as possible?

Another question.

Do you have to do those steps at the same time of after each other?

Just do one after another, without a pause. Make sure you don't do it too fast. You want to allow your mind to wander to the point you occassionally forget to do the exercise.

You can allow the steps to overlap.


back to top
altheman9993
Is this a dream?
Astral Explorer
altheman9993 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
27
Posts: 468
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Last Visit: 15 May 2015
Location: United Kingdom
 
PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

Well out of strange circumstances I ended up trying this. I woke up after a pretty poor night's sleep at 7 AM, got ready had breakfast, went to the gym to find out it's closed grrr , so I come all the way home pretty tired and just went into bed.
I remember reading this thread the other day so I decided to try focusing my hearing and touch, i forgot about vision. I did this about twice and then stopped.
I then must have fell asleep cause I was then in a bath naked playing a online game with a friend. After a while I just became lucid out of the blue, though it only lasted for me to get out of the bath and walk downstairs until I woke up.

Now I'm not sure if your technique was responsible since I only did it half heartedly and partly correct, though it seems to have helped smile



Current LD goal(s): Short term goal: Practise WILD. Long term goal: Achieve lucidity at will.
back to top
Apolo
New member
New member
26
Posts: 9
Joined: 05 Apr 2012
Last Visit: 10 Apr 2012
LD count: 3
 
PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

cosmic.iron wrote:
Just do one after another, without a pause. Make sure you don't do it too fast. You want to allow your mind to wander to the point you occassionally forget to do the exercise.

You can allow the steps to overlap.


Okay, I tryed last night. No result. I did the WBTB technique etc, (after 4/5 hours sleep) I get up and watched some motivation scene's from inception (stayed awake for 30 minuts), then I did go in bed and tryed the steps 4/5 times. But with no result. And it took a while before I get to sleep. So do you have tips?
Another question is; When do you have to go to sleep? When you did it 4/5 times? Or when you get sleepy? Or do you just have to wait when you fall asleep?


back to top
cosmic.iron
Somniologist
Somniologist
48
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Feb 2012
Last Visit: 17 Oct 2016
LD count: Thousands
 
PostPosted: Tue 10 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

altheman9993 wrote:
Well out of strange circumstances I ended up trying this. I woke up after a pretty poor night's sleep at 7 AM, got ready had breakfast, went to the gym to find out it's closed grrr , so I come all the way home pretty tired and just went into bed.
I remember reading this thread the other day so I decided to try focusing my hearing and touch, i forgot about vision. I did this about twice and then stopped.
I then must have fell asleep cause I was then in a bath naked playing a online game with a friend. After a while I just became lucid out of the blue, though it only lasted for me to get out of the bath and walk downstairs until I woke up.

Now I'm not sure if your technique was responsible since I only did it half heartedly and partly correct, though it seems to have helped smile

Doing it half heatedly is actually the correct way to do it! The out-of-blue-becoming-lucid is a very typical result associated with SSILD.


back to top
Display posts from previous:
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

print  

All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB
LD4all ~ spreading the art and knowledge of lucid dreaming online since 1996 ~