Watching a movie in a dream

Have any of you tried watching a movie in your dreams? If you did, how did it go? In my next LD I plan to try and watch the Dark Knight and see if it’s accurate :tongue:

Wow, that seems like an interesting idea, but keep in mind that it will be hard to keep lucidity because you would not be active in the dream, so I would advise you to do that only after you’ve had some fun :happy:

Why watch a movie when you can be a part of it? That would be a lot more fun

I’d say the movie would be as accurate as your memory of it and what you expect to happen.

The closest I’ve done was watch TV. I was watching a documentary about a cowboy who was trying to catch a bandit, then became lucid when I realized it made no sense because cowboys don’t exist anymore. I was able to change the outcome of the show by expecting things to happen, and then I was able to control the cowboy although it felt weird and unstable. I lifted up the gun, which felt extremely heavy for some reason, and shot and hit the bandit :happy: Then I woke up.

Wow, I never actually thought about doing that. Im going to try that sometime :happy:

I watch movies/plays/TV shows somewhat often in dreams. They’re pretty accurate, though the order is generally different.

If I’d do that I’d probably be inside the movie at some point.

At least, that is what happens in all of my ND’s

That’d be interesting. I agree that it would be based on your best memory of the movie. This might be an excellent way to test and train your recollection.

Actually, that’s what happens every time I play a video game in a normal dream. At some point I’m the game character himself.

One theory is that there is some link between reality and dreams so maybe your mind “taps in” to the reality of the movie if you could find out how that works.

Watching a movie is a very passive state of mind, which means it’s hard to maintain lucidity and stay grounded in your dream if you would just sit back and try to watch one. I think the most likely outcome would be loosing lucidity and ending up in the movie you’re watching or simply waking up.

I once watched the movie Seven in a non-lucid dream. It starred Alec Baldwin and was mainly slapstick comedy.

I’ve had movie and TV many times in dreams. In fact a simple incubation technique I did intuitively as a little kid was that as I would drift off I’d imagine a big set of stage curtains parting and would think to myself “what shall be my mindmovie/dream tonight?” and sometimes HI would start right away.

I’ve also had dreams as an adult that seemed to foretell storylines on TV shows I watched. In one case I had a dream that a villain character came back on a show I watched which I thought was just because I liked the character because he’d been away from the show for years and was no promos that he would be back. But the very next week after my dream the character was indeed back on the show. I had another experience where I dreamed an episode of the show and it was nearly a year before it happened but finally there was an episode that had strong elements from that dream. I also have had dreams where shows collided… such as original Star Trek and Next Generation… I had a dream that featured both Picard and Kirk working together… funny huh? In fact there was a period during the early nineties where I often dreamed about Star Trek TNG. I sometimes watch movies before sleeping knowing I may dream about them and often I do. I’ve dreamed I was in books I was reading before too though.

I’ve also had some odd dreams that it’s a “show” or “movie” but when I wake up it’s not any IWL show or movie that I recognize.

In one ND I had I watched a movie that didn’t exist and I don’t quite remember it just that it was a science fiction movie about dreaming and during the dream I thought that it was an awesome movie. I think that I probably don’t remember it because it was such a long dream and so much had happened after watching the movie. When I awoke finally after 3 false awakenings and a struggle to awake the last time where I was trying to wake myself up do to seeing peoples faces changing into evil looking lizard faces (after I started to LD). I was quite upset because I could of had a great idea for a movie to write. Something like that usually happens before the DCs team up to try to kill me which happens usually minutes after I start to manipulate my surroundings but not always, in this case I was using psychokinesis to make people levitate that I focused on. this is also just a question for anyone who reads this, Whether or not its common for DCs faces to shape shift shortly after you start to manipulate things? (Usually evil looking).

It would depend on the expectations of your own subconscious.

I’ve had tv shows and movies in dreams, but I’ve never really then much notice of them.

I’m curious though, did you mean watch a movie before or after seeing the real thing? The latter would be very interesting indeed.

Next time you come across a tv program or movie, try and jump inside is the tv!!

Its definitely doable but from my experience the altered state of consciousness your in makes it difficult to recreate/remember it right