Always end up falling asleep (NOT lucid) during WILD.

Ive had no trouble at becoming “numb” but drifting off into lucid dreaming is a whole different problem. Ive tried the “100, Im dreaming, 99, Im dreaming” counting method and I cant stay awake. I always do an RC after finishing counting, but Im awake. After the third time I fall asleep, and Im not lucid. Any suggestions? :meh:

Are you doing this after you wake up in the middle of the night?

Yes, when I wake up I do.

Are you getting a good amount of sleep before you wake up so your not frusturatedly tired. 4-5 hours is a big difference for some people. And are you going to bed at decent hours?

WILD is not about body numbness. It is not about SP. It is not about HI. It is not even about counting. Those are all tips to get you to that LD stage, but they are not the goal in WILD. Too many people get caught up in the methods and steps and stages, while in truth, WILD is not about that. It is simply about falling asleep while keeping your mind awake. And that is your only goal. If you focus too much about how numb your body feels or how much HI you’re seeing, you are preventing yourself from having a LD.

There is also a chance that the counting is messing you up. Maybe that version of the technique is just not for you. Play around with other techniques as well, because different techniques work for different people. Try VILD instead of counting. You may find it easier. :smile:

I get plenty of sleepvevery night. When I do the WILD technicue, its usually after 4-6 hours of sleep. And Gemini.Moon, I think you should PM me so we can discuss the many techniques and which might be best for me.