Can't fall asleep during WILD!

Last night I tried WILD, and I actually got further then I ever have before. I woke up about 6 hours after I fell asleep for a WBTB, and about 2 minutes after waking, I tried WILD. I laid flat on my back, with my arms at my side, and counting my breathing. I ignored any itches and discomfort I felt. When there was a buildup of saliva in my throat, my body kind of swallowed by itself. Soon, I began to lose feeling in my hands, and they felt like they were floating above the bed. I laid there for about 45 minutes, and nothing happened. I eventually got really bored and frustrated, so I rolled over and just went to sleep. Do you guys have any tips, or know if I’m doing anything wrong? I plan to try again tomorrow morning, but I want to make sure if there’s anything that I have to do to make it work. Thanks!

As you are counting your breaths you should be imagining a dream scene.

Well, I’ve been doing both. Really, I’ve just been observing my thoughts when they come about

To be honest I haven’t succeeded yet in WILD myself. I feel like I am missing a step as although I feel conscious I can’t seem to be able to have a dream as I am too focused on staying concious.

iI was wondering… what is WILD and WDTB?
Im new to this website. can someone PM and fill me in?

Ive found a website, (below) that easily explains WILD and opens it more than before, makes it more simple. you should try it.

www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-in … reams.html

Double post edited together.

What do you mean nothing happened? :tongue: That’s more than most people ever achieve! So, first tip: give yourself some credit. Just because you didn’t enter LD doesn’t mean you did anything wrong.

What happened when your hands started floating? Did it just stop after a while? Were you focusing on this feeling or on the rest of your body?

I feel that many times what makes the difference between a “success” and a “failure” is very subtle and can’t even be put into words. That’s why it’s hard for other people on the forum to help, as it can be different for anyone. Just experiment some more. Try doing what you did for a few days and see if you get any further or if it progresses differently. Try different things, like slowly moving your floating hands (do this with your imagination, not with your muscles). You can also try creating a scene in your head at this point. WILD is tricky and every time you try it can be slightly different. Good luck!

That’s funny because last night the exact same thing happened to me :tongue:

Yeah, for my right hand, it felt like it just disappeared, and it felt as if my left hand wasn’t touching the bed, which it was. What I mean by nothing happened, is that I didn’t experience any numbness, vibrations, hypnagogic imagery, and other signs of SP. I’m going to try what you mentioned to me tonight and tell you how it goes :smile:

What do you do to keep your mind awake in wild lol. I always go further and further and then wake up.

Be careful not to fall into SP while attempting WILD. I’ve noticed I fall into SP or not even that, it’s some form of semi-conscious sleep where I’m completely aware of my surroundings, but I’m already so far asleep that I can’t even feel my body. It’s hard to explain, anyway, what I was saying was that if you’re attempting WILD, try to make sure that there isn’t going to be random noises from your family, drown them out with a fan. Cause recently I was almost about to enter a Lucid Dream, I could feel it. Then my dad accidentally slammed a cabinet door in the bathroom, and I went to SP.

When WILD’ing I like to use SDR technique because I can’t fall asleep on my back and if I do I will wake up after a few minutes. So this technique is actually very god for that. First you have your hands above your head when you feel tension build up in them you put them down by your side and after that you wait until tension build up in your whole body after that you roll over and you can from that point fall asleep very easily.

That’s partially what happened in your attempt. You were on your back and you couldn’t fall asleep I guess it’s hard for you as it’s for me but when you rolled over to your side you fall asleep in no time. So next time try that but keep consciousness as you were when laying on your back.

And what mattias said. Give yourself a credit. It’s a first steep. Don’t look at any attempt as a failure because it’s not, from each attempt you learn something new.

I have the exact opposite problem… I end up falling asleep while doing WILD. I count down from 100 (100 Im dreaming, 99 Im dreaming, etc,) and I tend to fall asleep near the 60/50s
PM me if you have advice.
Thanks.

When I first started trying WILD, I figured out I was too focused on my counting. I got about as far as you did before the same thing happened to me. Try to keep your count going, but not as hard as you were doing and see how that works out for you. Also, at first SP freaked me out and stopped me from getting a LD. But after you have it a few times, and you know it is a normal thing that everyone does everynight, I came to like it. When I get SP now I know I am very close to a LD. Each person is different, but you will find what works out for you. Good luck!
Don’t forget to do a RC :wink:

You can’t just enter a dream like that you have to fall asleep with your mind awake

Well isn’t the point of WILD to fall into sleep paralysis? I see what you’re saying but you might be mixin up SP with something else maybe.

SP means nothing in the WILD process its just a possibility. In fact all of the HIs, HH, and what not are really just signs your getting close. You may or may not feel any of them at all! The point of WILD is to fall asleep with your mind still awake, nothing more nothing less.

How do you fall asleep while keeping your mine awake? I always feel my body begin to fall asleep and then my mind wonders off before my body anyways.

Youre supposed to go into SP and notice that in wild.