Page 4 of 4Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Author  Message 
dimsya
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 8

cool
PostPosted: Sun 26 Aug, 2007  Reply with quote

Thats wierd.. read about the way getting lucid through the concentration on the switch for the light and developed it to concentration on hands.. now found this .. it existed for a long time.. there is an another thought.. what I do is the following: I write "are you dreaming ?" on both of my hands and put a cross on back side as a reminder, concentate on the written, if you look at your hands and there is no writing - you are dreaming, if there is a writing, read it again... surprised.. it probably changed.
Though I never became lucid through this, but I consider it a strong help to become lucid, combine with WBTB everything.. looks like it is the best way..
Rc's dont work for me at all, I just understand that I am dreaming.. coolest thing .. Good luck all of you.

aaudraa
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer
LD count: hundreds

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

The hand method works well for stabilizing dream awareness. Most of the time if you are dreaming, your hands will appear wavy and half-dissolving. However this is more effective if you are already lucid.

For a while I was using a RC method that consisted of pulling your finger to see if it will stretch. One time I was sure I was dreaming, so I performed the finger-pulling reality check. It didn't stretch, so I decided that it wasn't a dream after all. When I woke up, I was disappointed that the RC actually failed me and caused me to waste a potential LD.

Chronic
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 3

The link seems to be broken can you post it?

Current LD goal(s): To Have LD's more often.
Belgarion59
The Shadow
Novice dreamer
LD count: A lot

Ive never been able to get the hand method to work for me. I tried it for two weeks with no results.

Isorwas
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

The original link seems to be broken. Is this it?

Current LD goal(s): Higher quality, LD at will
Basilus West
Cat of Ulthar
LD4all addict
LD count: 199

Yes, it is. But the first poster, Yang, is not here anymore thus she won't edit her message. Perhaps a mod may restore the broken link?

Anyhow, the "hand method" is a rather good method for inducing LD's. It's quite not used nowadays but many years ago, it has even been used in scientific research, by Pr Antonio Zadra in a sleep laboratory in Montreal, Canada.

Moreover looking at your hands in your dreams will show useful for many things: it may be used as a RC, as a lucidity booster or for stabilizing dream awareness as aaudraa says above. So I think it's an interesting technique for a beginner.

aaudraa
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer
LD count: hundreds

PostPosted: Tue 01 May, 2012  Reply with quote

Also, in Carlos Castaneda's The Art of Dreaming, finding one's hands in a dream is the first gate in several gates of dreaming that Castaneda has to pass. Just an interesting note on the topic. colgate

Page 4 of 4Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

print   ShareShare