Herbs or Supplements to Induce Lucidity

Author  Message 
aaudraa
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer
LD count: hundreds

Herbs or Supplements to Induce Lucidity
PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

I'm curious to know if anyone has had any experience with using herbs or supplements to induce lucid dreaming.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?

Last edited by aaudraa on Sun 21 Apr, 2013; edited 2 times in total
Somnium Viator
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Sat 28 Apr, 2012  Reply with quote

I share your problem

Although I don't find my recall is effected very much, only if I've <mod>Edit.</mod> right before going to bed. I've tryed a fair amount of herbs that are supposed to increase dreaminh and the vividness of dreams such as Calea Zacatechichi, Mugwort, Blue Lily, White Lotus and Valerian root. I did have some success with drinking Calea and Mugwort in a tea (seperately) but the tea is truly horrible to taste and I find it far easier to smoke ^^

I've also heard that taking memory supplements is a very good way to increase your dream recall. One that I can think of is Galantamine, and is supposed to be fairly good at helping your recall. I can't attest to it though as its not available in my country and I can't find anywhere that will ship it either eh

All that said though, I don't think its necessary for all these herbs and stimulants to have or even increase the chance of having an LD, as both of mine came from completely natural states. Some of these may even just be placebo's. Whatever works for you though smile And if anyone was interested in these I suggest doing your own research on them before trying them.

Current LD goal(s): Have a conversation with my SC & learn to WILD
aaudraa
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 01 May, 2012  Reply with quote

I agree that supplements are not necessary to induce an LD. I've had hundreds of lucid experiences without any herbal aid.

Last edited by aaudraa on Sun 21 Apr, 2013; edited 3 times in total
mattias
Globahead
Globahead
mattias has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

aaudraa wrote:
illegal narcotics (can I say that, at least? What a silly thing to censor.

Yes, I believe that's ok to say lach1 The above censored substance is censored for a few reasons. Mainly because we have lots of young members here (11-13 years old) and most are desperate to get lucid and might get ideas of using certain substances. Plus there's the legal part, which I think has caused some trouble to the forum in the past.

About the suplements though, I've only taken B6 and B12 which people say can affect dreams. I don't remember noticing anything. Besides that, I only use the ocasional "dream food". I am a bit curious though, I wonder how these herbs would alter my dreams. I might give them a try some day...

aaudraa
Oneironaut
Novice dreamer

I don't condone the use of illegal substances to enhance dreaming, nor do I think that herbs alone are a substitute for the mental work.

Last edited by aaudraa on Sun 21 Apr, 2013; edited 1 time in total
MagykKatte has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes

PostPosted: Wed 02 May, 2012  Reply with quote

Personally, I believe the best ways to become lucid are by your own willpower. Think of how difficult it is to master WILD, how much focus one has to obtain. Or even the process of constantly checking reality, and autosuggestion. Those are the ways we should strive to become lucid.

TheOverseer
Doctor who?
Somniologist

PostPosted: Wed 02 May, 2012  Reply with quote

Dairy products help with DR i think.

Current LD goal(s): Restart getting lucid...again -_-
MKilby
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Thu 03 May, 2012  Reply with quote

I have a horrible time recalling dreams, it's almost possible to even do the dream diary technique because I can't remember anything to write down tounge2

I have no idea where you live, so I don't know if you know the company Natures Way'?

It's a company here in Australia and I started taking one of their night time vitamin supplements. I can honestly say I have had the most amazing dreams using it, I'm afraid I still haven't had any LD's but I was extremely close to having one on my second day of using it. Not to mention it ups my sleep quality tenfold. It has a combination of heaps of vitamins, Magnesium, Tribulus Terrestis, and a thousand other ingredients which I can't be bothered to write down, but it's good quality and can't complain since it's made dreaming fun now that I can actually visualise a dream.

My second night of taking this vitamin complex was the most memorable of all my dreams, since when I woke up I was in shock that it was actually just a dream and not real life. Everything felt so real, so it was a shame when I woke up. Luckily I got to have some extra sleep because it was early and the dream resumed, which was pretty amazing.

Anyway that's my rant/suggestion. It's just heaps of vitamins and has plenty of ingredients for relaxation/helping sleep/helping digestion etc.

Current LD goal(s): Increase vividness and dream recall so I have a platform to work off for LDing.

print