Questions on SP and how it affects you

So earlier today I was meditating in bed for an hour and a half. I know what Sleep Paralysis feels like, because I have woken up several times in it. However I seem to not know how to obtain it. I laid there for an hour with a clear mind, and in my opinion I felt completely relaxed. I understand, that having a clear mind and a completely relaxed body is key to suceeding in not only sleep paralysis, but OBE’s and Wild’s alike.

What throws me off however I’ve seen all over the forums and internet that vibrations are a very big sign that your on the right track. However… What I don’t understand is how can you sit there and pay attention to your vibrations and try to control them like some people say to try and do when the objective at hand is to keep your mind clear and just allow them to happen.

Another thing that bothers me is that when people say vibrations are a early sign to letting you know your almost to the point of complete relaxation. However I laid there for an hour and felt vibrations for a good 45 minutes and yet nothing else happened except my mind would occasionally wander.

So my question is, what is the truth to this, and also, is it really any vibrations that your looking for? Because as I was lying there, my body was kind’ve tingling, which I would still consider vibrations. However, much later into the process, my hands got a much stronger vibrational feeling, as if the feeling you get when your foot falls asleep. Almost numb but that never went anywhere beyond my arms. So is it true that vibrations are a good sign or is that a load of bs? And if so… what kind of vibrations, because apparently you can feel many sensations when withdrawing into your subconcious.

Can you also tell me what I am supposed to do when I start to feel these vibrations seeing that controlling them is out of the question and when I enter sleep paralysis, in-depth please.