Herbs or Supplements to Induce Lucidity

I’m curious to know if anyone has had any experience with using herbs or supplements to induce lucid dreaming.

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences to share?

I share your problem :tongue:

Although I don’t find my recall is effected very much, only if I’ve Edit. right before going to bed. I’ve tryed a fair amount of herbs that are supposed to increase dreaminh and the vividness of dreams such as Calea Zacatechichi, Mugwort, Blue Lily, White Lotus and Valerian root. I did have some success with drinking Calea and Mugwort in a tea (seperately) but the tea is truly horrible to taste and I find it far easier to smoke :content:

I’ve also heard that taking memory supplements is a very good way to increase your dream recall. One that I can think of is Galantamine, and is supposed to be fairly good at helping your recall. I can’t attest to it though as its not available in my country and I can’t find anywhere that will ship it either :eh:

All that said though, I don’t think its necessary for all these herbs and stimulants to have or even increase the chance of having an LD, as both of mine came from completely natural states. Some of these may even just be placebo’s. Whatever works for you though :smile: And if anyone was interested in these I suggest doing your own research on them before trying them.

I agree that supplements are not necessary to induce an LD. I’ve had hundreds of lucid experiences without any herbal aid.

Yes, I believe that’s ok to say :lol: The above censored substance is censored for a few reasons. Mainly because we have lots of young members here (11-13 years old) and most are desperate to get lucid and might get ideas of using certain substances. Plus there’s the legal part, which I think has caused some trouble to the forum in the past.

About the suplements though, I’ve only taken B6 and B12 which people say can affect dreams. I don’t remember noticing anything. Besides that, I only use the ocasional “dream food”. I am a bit curious though, I wonder how these herbs would alter my dreams. I might give them a try some day…

I don’t condone the use of illegal substances to enhance dreaming, nor do I think that herbs alone are a substitute for the mental work.

Personally, I believe the best ways to become lucid are by your own willpower. Think of how difficult it is to master WILD, how much focus one has to obtain. Or even the process of constantly checking reality, and autosuggestion. Those are the ways we should strive to become lucid.

Dairy products help with DR i think.

I have a horrible time recalling dreams, it’s almost possible to even do the dream diary technique because I can’t remember anything to write down :razz:

I have no idea where you live, so I don’t know if you know the company Natures Way’?

It’s a company here in Australia and I started taking one of their night time vitamin supplements. I can honestly say I have had the most amazing dreams using it, I’m afraid I still haven’t had any LD’s but I was extremely close to having one on my second day of using it. Not to mention it ups my sleep quality tenfold. It has a combination of heaps of vitamins, Magnesium, Tribulus Terrestis, and a thousand other ingredients which I can’t be bothered to write down, but it’s good quality and can’t complain since it’s made dreaming fun now that I can actually visualise a dream.

My second night of taking this vitamin complex was the most memorable of all my dreams, since when I woke up I was in shock that it was actually just a dream and not real life. Everything felt so real, so it was a shame when I woke up. Luckily I got to have some extra sleep because it was early and the dream resumed, which was pretty amazing.

Anyway that’s my rant/suggestion. It’s just heaps of vitamins and has plenty of ingredients for relaxation/helping sleep/helping digestion etc.