getting rid of reoccuring dreams, maybe an extreme way

Somebody brought up in #ld4all yesterday that almost everybody who is new to LD4all has a specific question they want the answer to. I remember my question…how on earth do i get rid of a recurring dream?

I have noticed that some recurring dreams replay events where i have been shocked, disappointed or has just plainly wanted something I couldn’t get. Lately, one of those dreams from my youth has started haunting me again.

It has helped to seek out the places or situations from the dreams IRL, and show my subconscious that they are harmless now. Tonight, i replayed something from my youth, only with a happy ending this time, through an awesome coincidence.

If that dream disappears now, I must have found a very effective way to get rid of it.

Yeah, I was going to say. Reoccurring dreams usually stem from something that is on our mind. If we are feeling in a similar mindset to when we first had that dream, then we may find the dream repeating itself. It was a good idea to go seek out the place and confront it, though sometimes we are not able to do this. I feel that seeking out the cause of the dream, and the reasons or emotions tied to it has always helped me. But remember, it’s not enough to just figure out what is causing it, so much as learning to face it and seeing it in a different light.