Are dreams supposed to feel like this?

Usually when I wake up and recall my dreams (ND’s) they feel more like movies. Sometimes I can sense what my dream self felt, though I can’t recall being in the dream and having it be my dream self’s reality.
It’s as if I’m just viewing the world from her eyes and feeling her emotions. Sometimes I’m even following my dream self on the outside and can basically see myself doing things.
Usually I don’t have any sense of physical feeling in my dreams either…

I’ve had a bit of a dry spell these last few days when it comes to recalling dreams, but before that I could recall one longer dream and sometimes fragments of another when I woke up. I’d fill up about a page and a half in bullet points in my somewhat smaller than A4 paper DJ. I’m hoping that once my dreams become more vivid, they’ll become less distant and I’ll start feeling like I’m more immersed in them :smile:

I know what you are talking about. There is clearly a difference between recalling and experiencing a dream. I prefer the dreams where you feel like you really experienced what just happened in the dream. :smile: Talking from my own experience, you will be more immersed in the dream the more vivid they are. A higher amount of awareness IWL has the same effect.

I prefer those too :smile: While I’d love to have more LD’s I do really enjoy going to sleep and seeing what my subconscious decides to concoct. I haven’t had a really immersive dream in over a year. I think I’ve gotten pretty close though, had a couple of dreams a while ago with scenery I can remember perfectly. Hmm like LL?

I have those type of dreams all the time there quite mellow though. Nothing crazy is going on.

Most of the times that I’ve had them (that I can recall) they’ve been rather intense. Action type story lines. And I tend to be kissing people in these dreams, don’t know why, but that’s how it works out. Maybe it’s a DS of sorts.

LL is the best way of course, but having a great DR or even simply paying attention to your dreams works wonders! :content:

Sometimes I feel like my dreams are a movie, other times I feel like the dream really happened. I prefer the second type, and I really only get that when I truly focus on working on my LDing and recall.