Does Lucid Dreaming make for a better sleep?

Hi guys :happy:

Last night I was lucky enough to have a lucid dream. It was great. :happy: Anyway, when I usually wake up, I’m still quite tired, but when I woke up this morning after my lucid dream I felt fine. So does that mean lucidity makes for a better sleep? That would be great :happy:

Moved from Quest for Lucidity :tardis:

It has happened to me as well. Generally having a lucid dream makes me more refreshed in the morning. However, I cannot give a technical answer to this. I think a lucid dream is just that awesome, much like you wake up refreshed when you have a REALLY good ND.

I had just two lucid dreams yet and I can confirm that, the first one actually felt like a “rebirth” :happy: the second was normal because I could feel my real body within the dream… but I’m sure I wasn’t tired as if it was a normal waking, I think it is because our mind was “active” even before we start moving our physical body :grin:

Did you use a technique? Mine were all spontaneous

I did have one ND before that, so it might have been accidental DEILD, but I didn’t try to do anything/

I certainly think so! I actually got into LD’ing and found this site because I had stressful dreams that disrupted my sleep, and so I tried to LD to improve this. So, if you ever need more peaceful sleep, it definately works!

Also, after a LD I feel very happy in the morning, and I’m NOT a morning person :happy:

Well, trying and failing to LD through 3 WBTBs and attempted WILDs per night probably isn’t good for your sleep, but when you wake up from an LD you certainly feel refreshed.

This is my theory for it. When you’re LDing you’re in REM. This is a lot less deep than NREM, which if you wake up out of you feel like crap. When you wake up from REM you usually feel refreshed, especially if you had a good dream (even if you don’t remember it). LDs are great dreams so that adds to the effect.

It was my experience too, whenever I have a good lucid dream I’m energized much much more then usually. It’s great and I can tell that I’m looking at this physical world with “different” eyes…

I’ve often felt revitalized after a positive LD experience. After negative LDs I’ve also felt re-charged. Some negative LDs have given me an energy bump, but on the whole were emotionally draining–I worried about them during the day.

For me, the WBTB method has definitely made me more tired during the day–even with the energy boost from successfully LDing. Accumulated sleep deprivation, for me, makes it harder to LD, so I have to be sure I’m getting enough sleep.

In a perfect world, I would have a ten-hour block to sleep with one hour roughly for the waking period of WBTB and one hour for falling asleep again. That way I’d always get 8 hours. Alas, that rarely happens so I have to pick and choose my LD battles or wind up wired but tired sometimes.

I’ve never experienced that. I mean I always get enough sleep and mostly my WBTB is only 5 - 10 minutes long. Yes, sometimes that’s not enough but doesn’t matter. When I feel like I need to stay longer I do. I’ve noticed that I suffer from sleep deprivation only when I messed up something with WILD. I usually have insomnia or something like that, but that only happened 2 times maybe.

Like I said I have time to sleep[7 - 8 hours]. And my WBTB is not long so I guess it’s a good combination. Falling asleep is another thing. Sometimes when I’m determined that I will go all the way with WILD then it could took me more then half an hour… But still I get good 7 or 8 hours of sleep…

I think for me, I feel more refreshed after a LD because I’ve already had the time “wake up” :smile:

I’v found that when I lD I usually do wake up happy and refreshed, but thats only because I have LD-ed. Sometimes when Iv not became lucid, and had my LD alarms set etc iv found my sleep to be disruptive and stressful! :sad: