Have you ever woken up and done something stupid?

The Dark SiDe is taking you over. :ebil:

For some reason every time I experience sleep inertia I end up talking about fruit! I remember when I was a kid once my brother was trying to wake me up and I mumbled something about a “ticklish watermelon.” Don’t ask. :lol:

ONe time when I woke up I just turned off my alarm clock and went in my bed. Then a few seconds later I realized what I just did. :tongue:

That happends to me a lot… It’s so annying! :grrr:
One time I dreamt there was these kids, and they said to me: “If you want to play with us, you need to turn off that alarm clock.” I woke up, and turned it off. I can remember we went to a tennis court, and the rest of the dream was all black. They fooled me!

Good thing for me that I now have 3 alarm clocks, and 4 if I really need it.

I remember one time I had to wake up early to go to the chiropractor. So i got dressed, and when I got there he made a comment about my shirt. I looked at it and realized that it was on backwards and inside out

I think a couple times I’ve woken up from a dream, just as realistic as RL… on a few occasions I’ve been close to saying/doing things I would only get away with in a dream, and it would have some serious consequences… I had to think carefully if I was really asleep sometimes. Other then that… I’m a pretty good “waker-upper”, besides the odd jumbling of sentences occasionally.

One time I woke up and threw a frisbee at my roommate who was snoring before I realized what was going on. Lesson learned - don’t keep frisbees next to your bed.

i have thought i had a false awakening when i woke up for real cause i read they can happen 3-4 times befor really waking up, i was convinced i was dreaming and tried to poke my finger to go through myself, it hurt

when i was younger i had unpleasent things. i was sure i was awake, i would get up and get mauled by a raptor, everymorning, i was pinned against the wardrobe and my dad was calling up the stairs, as he does every morning, but he didn’t hear the dinosoar. i would then fall over and open my eyes crying my eyes out, whether i was awake or not i dont know, but i was always by the wardrobe…

“[Myspic], what would you like for breakfast?”
Dick Cheney.

:neutral:

Well, there was this time in a lucid dream when a DC started to bug me…man, he was really annoying and didn’t let me enjoy my dream. When trying to ignore him or talking with him didn’t work i started yelling, cursing etc…!! in the end and right before i woke up i was making a ‘gesture’ to him so i woke up doing that to the wall! i was so pissed…!

A few weeks ago I turned off my alarm after waking again. “Just a few seconds of relaxing on the bed…”

10 minutes later…

/me gets woken up by his mother opening the door, asking if he set his alarm or not.

Once I woke up and didn’t get up from the bed, cause I thought I was tied to the bed with chains and a giant lock which was floating in the air :sad:

A few days ago, I woke up at about 12:00 am and thought my alarm had gone off.

I went downstairs and got ready for the day, glancing at the clock occasionally, but not noticing what time it really was. After I was done getting dressed, I looked at the clock, reality checked, and then went back to sleep.

On the plus side, it felt like I got 4 more hours of sleep!

I’ve done several stupid things, for example I often get up and speak with whoever I meat (brothers/sisters/parents), without being aware of what I’m saying like some kind of sleepwalk. It’s usually jibberish without any context, so the person I’m talking with doesn’t understand what I’m saying - that’s when I often get mad thinking that the person is stupid.

It always ends with me going to bed and I rarely remember what I’ve done when I wake up for real. ^^

When I was little, I stood up, only half awake, walked across the room, turned the lights on and went to sleep again. On the next morning I wondered why the lights were turned on until I remembered it. A few years ago I went to the bathroom, fully awake and confident that it was already morning. I changed my clothes and was about to brush my teeth when my parents entered the room and told me that it was only midnight. I was so confused. :lol:

Yes I have. It was a few weeks ago, when I had to get up at 6:30 because I needed to go to school early to catch up an technology work. When I went to sleep, my alarm clock was 9:45 and it was 9:45. When I got up, my alarm clock was ringing and it said 6:30. I then went to wake up my mom so she could get ready to drive me to school at 7:30. But she told me it was 4:30! I’m like “DOH!”. I think I must’ve accidentally pressed the set up button in my sleep to two hours of the real time…I then set my alarm to the correct time, then I went back to sleep.

I actually have a minor sleeping disorder that with work i manage to keep regulated pretty well. When i didn’t, i had a habit of sleep texting at odd hours of the night. But i actually miss doing that, my friends would reply confused or entertained at the wierd stuff my half-asleep self would come up with :razz:

I woke up when a roommate opened the door. Then I turned the light on, said something the other one couldn’t understand and went back to sleep. I wasn’t able to remember anything of this on the next morning. :lol:

I once had a sort of false awakening where I was “woken up” by the fire alarm. So in the dream, I jumped out of bed and ran into the upstairs hallway. Then I woke up for real and did the same thing, except there was no actual fire alarm.

You know, I’m not actually scared of the fire alarm because I think it means there’s a fire (I have long ago figured out that it just likes to go off for no reason), but rather because I’m scared of the noise it makes. And it’s loud, too. . . . :scared: