the BIG LD FAQ

I agree with Alex here. He does mention you can’t “control everything simultaneously.” So there is always room for the element of surprise.

We can’t control a DC’s personality, but we can easily “remove” them from the dreamscape, or recreate them into something else. If the weather is not what we like, we can just open a door to another dreamscape where the weather is different. Get the idea?

Can anyone think of an aspect you can’t control?

I think we all have the same basic belief, we just explain it differently.

need to add some Q’s about OOBE also - this might evolve into a LD-OOBE FAQ

Q’s like:
[b]What happened to me, i heard this strange buzzing noise and everything started spinning. etc.

can you have an OOBE from a lucid dream?

is OOBE the same as LD?[/b]

I´d definately add something about sleep paralysis, since most people are afraid of it when they experience it and don´t got any infos about it.
I never experienced it myself, though, so someone else got to do that

Well, you’ve already got is Lucid Dreaming danagerous, but I think you should also add in, ‘What is there to be afraid of in a dream?’ as that is quite a common question.

Also, how can RC’s help you?

Is a Dj important?

Must I improve my DR before working on gaining lucidity?

Is shared dreaming possible/are the people in my dreams real people?

Why can’t I do X (eg. fly, walk though walls, make people apear etc)?

I need help on flying how do you guys fly? I prefer using wings but all I do is fly up no where else unless im not controlling it or something. any help? :tryfly:

Try taking a running jump? I don’t know, I’ve never had problems with flying. :smile:

A post about morality has been split to its own topic in General Lucidness. Here. :dragon:

The problem with flying is that you don’t have “physical” contact with the dreamscape anymore. You’re in the sky with no dream objects to hold on to. This makes flying a bit hard for some… because you have to have some feeling and control over the dream. In the beginning I always woke up when I tried to fly, simply because I had lost touch with the dreamscape.
If you want to use wings, it takes an additional level of control and imagination you have to put in the dream in order to make it work. Personally, I don’t use any additional means to fly. Only my arms… most often in Superman style. Swimming style is also nice; perhaps a bit slow, but that’s easily adjusted (simply by using your dream magic). Experiment a bit and see what’s best for you :smile:

Good luck! :content:

Great idea to make a FAQ. There’s just one thing I want to bring attention to. Since there’re several opinions on some of these questions, it might be better to take a little more objective approach and say, for example: "Well, the scientific interpretation is so and so, while the more spiritual people would insist that is such and such.
What do you think?

I’de like that too.

(Rarosu, have you looked at the wikibook? See my sig)

About the shared ones… If those exist…

Is it possible to go from your dream to somebody else and mess with them a bit? The people that don’t know how to Lucid Dream?

evil smile

Another one about shared dreams…

Can two lucid dreamers “meet up” inside a shared dream?

Can you meet somebody that doesn’t know how to have an LD, then tell them that they’re dreaming, and somehow…make them have an LD without them doing the focusing and all that stuff?

Hm…

Heh, I have a question but don’t know where to ask it.

I used to smoke Marijuana regularly, but I quit for over two years now. I’m thinking of getting back into it out of bordem. Would it effect my dream recall or have any positive or negative effects on my quest for lucidity?

I’ve got a tip: maybe someone can make a question for it :smile:

Always check if you are dreaming when you wake up. FA’s are not uncomman and so you’ll have a good chance of getting an LD from a FA.

garlic, check the marijuana topic in the shortcuts section :smile:

ld4all.com/forum/?https://www.ld4 … php?t=3568

If SD does exsist and your in one with some one, does this limit your ability to control the dream and its features? i mean, what if you and the person sharing your dream disagreed on the environment, would you both see it differently or would it wake you up?? does anybody know?

:eh:

l2o5z1, if you read accounts of shared dreams you will notice there isn’t really full consistency. It’s very hard to say one way or the other. Besides, are shared dreams real?

My guess from what ive read so far is it is mainly coinsidetial (sp), surely if it were real this would mean a great number of things were possible like contacting ppl 1000s of miles away, and if so wouldnt everyone be trying to do it…anyway, thanks for the reply.

I think they are real. In Carlos Castaneda’s book “The Egal’s Gift” he has sevral SD’s with an other one of Don Juan’s aprentacis. They do it by the first person who falls asleep wates for the second person and then grabs on to their forarm. It is aperantly easyer to do it the farther away you are from the other person.

Some dreams they shered the same perspective but others they did not. When they viseted events that already happened, but that they had forgoten, he relived the dream but she just observed.

He wrights that shared dreams are posible because of the tendensy of the assemblage point to move to the same position as the assemblage point as an other person. This is why we all have the same shared reality. Every day life is like a big shared dream.

I’ve been able to show up in people’s dreams, but never in the LD state. As for making them LD I don’t think so because most of the time I duck out before they say anything.

I have had someone do that to me though where they made me realize that I was dreaming by just showing up and unfortunately woke me up by the realization.

With shared dreaming, I think that the interconnectedness theory (Bell’s) probably explains shared dreams. That the people you mostly surround yourself with you are ultimately still conversing with on a sub atomical level and since the synaptions in the brain are electronic in nature, they might act as a conductor between the two seperated realities.