Decent mantras for Dream Recall?

I just a few days ago learned about Lucid Dreaming, and just today learned about MILD.

I’m going to start trying to use MILD to remember dreams, and in the morning, I’m going to try to use it to lucid dream.

Which makes me wonder, are there any mantras (I know that the same mantras don’t work for everyone) that work well for DR?

If you need to know, I am a “P” on the MILD suggestibility test.

I just use something like “I will remember my dreams tonight” or “the next time I wake up I will remember my dreams”. For MILD I use “the next time I’m dreaming I will remember to recognize I’m dreaming”, which might be a bit long for some people, but it’s worked fine for me :razz:

Pretty much what above said. Here’s long and short ones.

“I will remember my dreams vividly.”
“I will remember all of my dreams.”

Longer ones, more detailed:
“When I wake up, I will remember the dreams I was just in.”
“The next time I awaken, I will remember my dreams clearly.”

You can make up your own mantra’s that suit YOU. Remember, it’s your mind you’re trying to convince, so just use what you think will help.

I’ve read varying things on what will work for the mantras.
Some sources suggest that you don’t ‘force’ your mantra (so saying something like, i WILL… would have a negative effect) and some sources suggest saying things like "I will…)

so, try these on for size,

“When I wake, I will recall my dreams”
“When I wake, I will recall my dreams vividly”
^ those are my favourites. btw, adding in ‘vividly’ hasn’t done anything at all for me but I throw it in just in case.

“May I awaken to remember my dreams”
is one I used last night and I remembered 3 dreams. It worked well (midnight sex may also have contributed to this however).

What helps me too, is to read through my dream journal before I go to bed so it’s set upon my mind that I want to remember my dreams and it works as a motivator as well. Try that out too.

Theres so much to dream recall, I know you’ll have more questions :smile: good luck.

I have problems with my DJ, so I say “I will remember my dreams and write them down.” That usually gets me through the night and improves my recall. :content: I find creating your own mantras helps too. It makes it more compelling since its yours.

nimbus cloud is right. It took me 2 days to find the right mantra. But once I found it it worked well.