Just to make sure I'm doing MILD right...

I have had some very helpful advice on the chat (to keep a DJ, and try MILD.) and would like to make sure I know what MILD is.

All I do is repeat “I am lucid” (That’s my mantra) over and over again in my mind, and visualize me doing a reality check, or something and becoming lucid.

That’s all I do? (And obviously fall asleep :razz:)

Here’s the LD4All Guide. Under How you have MILD technique and you can start from that. After that if you want to go deeper into the topic you can read this topic.

It doubles your chances of success if you do it in combination with WBTB and use the last dream you had before waking up as your visualization.

Do you fall asleep during your mantra or do you stop after awhile to sleep?

Because if you repeat it when you fall asleep you may have a trouble repeating the mantra and you might say it wrong out of sleepiness. Anyhow it will confuse your subconscious and it can prevent you from having an Lucid dream.

It doesn’t matter much if you change the words by accident or anything like that. Subconsious doesn’t work by recognising words, it works by recognising intention. The words are used to remember your intention of becoming lucid.