Ever told a dream character it was all a dream?

No… I have only had a few LDs, but I’ve heard that you can tell a DC to tell you that you’re dreaming while you’re dreaming, so you know it, but I haven’t tried it. :smile:

I haven’t tried this either, but from what I’ve read, folks get varied results. Sometimes the DCs tell the truth, and sometimes they lie.

i think in my very first LD i was in a metrostation and just picked somebody of the DCs out and told her that this was a dream and asked her to follow me and remind me of this. we went on a train and dunno how suddenly sat in a bus. there the dream faded away. This girl was nothing surprised, she was just like “Ok, theres a stranger telling me that this is his dream, let’s follow him”

I want to try this out now. :happy:

Yeah, many times! I’ve been having conversations with dream characters, where I have explained to them that they are all in my mind, and that everything is just a dream. They tend to be quite sad then though, and I feel a little bad for abandoning them and denying their “existence” :sad:
You should try it out, it’s an interesting observation!

I’ve done this so many times! Sometimes it was during a ND and that’s what triggered my lucidity. Most of my dream characters are like “Well, duh, everyone knows that.” Well they don’t actually say that, they just look at me like I’m crazy for stating the obvious. It really doesn’t seem to bother them because even though they’re in a dream it doesn’t make them any less real inside the world that they’re in.

The only times that I’ve gotten a different result were when I told this guy it was a dream and he simply said “Okay” like it was not unexpected and he was totally cool with it. And then another time I told a girl that and she just stared blankly at me like she was totally out of it.

I often do this if I become lucid with a DC nearby, and they usually just give me a bored look, like they don’t really believe me and wouldn’t care if they did. I suppose I should try to engage them more if I want a more interesting reaction. I mostly just sort of go “I’m dreaming, you know. This is my dream.” And they just look at me for a second and say “Hmm.” and then go about their business.

My last one I ended up walking through this guys office heading for the outdoors but I lightly hit a large rabbit with the door. I obviously gave the bunny a pat but this guy who owned it got super pissed at me and I was like “Sorry bro I didnt mean to” so then I headed out the other door and the guys was still making shitty faces so as I was walking out the door I looked at him and go “Hey Ben, I am dreaming right now” lol he then made a super funny freak face and says “what does that make me?” I say just a part of my dream" and slammed the door! His face was priceless Haha

I tried to do this once. I said it to a dream figure which looked like my brother. I asked it if it knows that it’s just a dream and it said that it knows it. And the answer sounded like it was completely obvious.

You know what might be fun. Try to spawn another LD’er. You may generate a super fun DC. You both go around telling everyone they are living a dream!!! Then have him/her show you his/her favorite thing to do or place to go.

I do this every time I get lucid now! It’s the best thing ever! Just recently, I told a dc it was a dream and they said “don’t start!” They didn’t beleive me. I asked the what I could do to prove to them it was a dream. I suggested I would fly. They said ok but then wanted me to bring back tons of money. So i said okay and flew away. I looked back and they were shocked I was flying lol. It was great! It ended before i could bring back any money. Most times dc don’t care or just think I’m weird and of course you get the ones that are just dumb and don’t react.

Haha Awesome!

In an LD, I told my mom that I was dreaming. She just said, “Oh, okay.”

That reminds me, in my first induced LD ever (which lasted seconds, mind you), I told my mother “hmm, I… think I may be dreaming” (I love to recall the doubt and shyness there :lol:, her answer was a very interested "reeeeeeeeeeeeally? :happy:

Had a LD this night and told a DC that it is a dream. The DC simply answered: “Yeah, I know”. I expected some sort of an angry answer, being called stupid and insane. It seems that some DC’s accept the fact that it is a dream pretty easily :razz:

Once I was in the middle of having sex with a DC and told them it was a dream. They just totally ignored me and we carried on.

Yeah. When I used to have dreams when I was little and i became lucid, I was telling everyone “HAHAHAHAHAHA you faker! I’m in a dream!” and they’d deny it and they’d cry because they wanted to be more than just a dream. But it’s really and scary telling them they’re in a dream. I feel so lonely after I realize it’s all fake. :sad:

I love doing this. One of the most interesting responses I got was when I told a (DC version of a) friend that we were in my lucid dream. She laughed and became very interested in how it worked, peppering me with questions like,

“So, we’re both dreaming? No? How’s this work then? Will I remember this tomorrow?”
“You mean, I’m not real and you are? This is your dream? That’s hilarious.”
“What’s going to happen to me after you wake up?” (This one left me fumbling for an answer.)

In another instance, a DC responded by saying, “I hope they don’t have to amputate.” :eek: “Yeah, lucid dreams that last for too long cause a total loss of circulation in the dreamer’s limbs, limb necrosis and eventually require amputation.”

“It’s really terrible,” he added helpfully.

I didn’t believe him, but I’ll admit that one shook me up a little. I guess my subconscious likes to have a laugh at my expense sometimes! :smile:

I did it just once. I was lucid from the very start and I met my dead neighbour in the corridor in my flat. I told her it was a dream. She said something, but I wasn’t able to hear her. And while I’m not an experienced dreamer a knocking behind my door distracted me. I can’t say whether I was still lucid or I lost awareness of dreaming.

I was in my school and I told a DC of a girl I knew IRL that this was all a dream (I was lucid on a fairly low level) and she said ‘True’, but I somehow got the feeling she still didn’t believe me. There was a water heater with a loose piece of tape on it in the room we were in and I somehow got the crazy idea to turn it into a little stream of water so I did but she ether didn’t see it or didn’t care.