Recording dreams within a dream?

Got this idea from Harry Potter :wink: and since I’m a huge amateur, who has hardly had 1 decent LD, I figured I’d post it here.

Quick-Quotes Quill and/or Living paintings

Quick-Quotes Quill:
In Harry Potter it was a magical quill that wrote whatever the owner did or said ( often with slight exaggeration).
Would this work in a dream?
The first thing you do would be ‘activating’ the quill and have it write everything you do during that dream in a specifically assigned book.
Problem: … Been told books, letters, time, sentences get rather weird in a dream
so It might be that effective.

Living Painting:
You could create a room and fill it with empty paintings.
Whenever something remarkable happens you could imagine it being painted on such a painting. Creating a small , videolike version of that moment.

Though perhaps I’m making it to difficult , a normal videocamera could work, ASSUMING it is possible to record dreams in a dream.

Moved from Quest for Lucidity. :mattias:

I’ve heard of people building up their dreamworld in many different Lucid Dreams… If that’s possible, then I guess this should be possible as well. Maybe you have something in that room which makes you remember that moment and recreates it.

Also heard of people reading books and writing them… I’m not sure if anyone can make the text stay there until their next dream though.

Haven’t had any Lucid Dreams yet (started to read about it 3-4 months ago), so I don’t know much about how things works yet.

Why would you want to do that? Writing your dreams down IRL is much more reliable since they won’t change. I’m interested in what happens to things that you write down in a dream, after you leave it and re-enter it. Does it stay the same?

An important note is that sometimes text does not change in dreams, but this is a bit rare and most of the time it changes the next time you look at it.

Recalling past events in a dream helps with recall after you wake up

Dreams aren’t that stable to actually safely contain information about past experiences, as Kache said. While you might make some kind of “dream home” or base where you would return during every LD, you would probably notice that the details are changing. A physical DJ is best, since it stays unchanged forever.

Some people, writing is one of the most unstable element in the dreams. Others may only see sporadic changes In text. Maybe if someone could find a way to control the stability of text while lucid this could work?

It could work with enough dream control, expectation and focus. You can make unstable things stable while lucid. However, after you wake up, don’t really bank on getting back to the same dream ever again. If you manage to, the details will have most definitely been changed.

How about those people then who have ‘dreamworlds’ they visit every now and then.
Cause I was planning on doing something like that too :sad:

Yes, dreamworlds are possible and practiced on this forum. However, even they have said that some details change. The basic structure of the dream world is intact though. That is still pretty awesome.

I feel like in terms of keep dream worlds the same between dreams is a balance between keep small, exact detail stable, and keeping the larger general feel of the dream stable. It seems like very few if any can do both fully IMO

A cool way would be to record yourself using a camera crew. Create some people to follow you around with a camera and sound recording devices.

They can then produce the video for you. :grin: